Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End-Game Boss Ideas

BoompigXD

Tl;dr: There is none, too bad, read

Since everyone wants some Endgame bosses, here are my suggestions:

Twin Sisters:

The heads of the Grineer army, and Empresses of the Grineer Race, they are your ultimate target.

The first sister is a lightly armored, fast, long ranged Sniper unit. With her modified Vulkar, she can drop Tenno dead within a few shots. Her Vulkar is high damage and she can move around very quickly. She also has a Kraken in case of emergencies, and a Amphis incase you get too close

The second sister is a trigger happy, heavy unit with a heavily modified Gorgon. She's slow but makes Tenno jump for cover. She also has Twin Vipers, and Duel Cleavers for close range targets.

In order to kill the sisters you must either shoot off their heavily armored heads, to which not even Armor Ignoring guns can get past it's tough armor, or get rid of their legs, and arms. However, after shooting off these body parts, a repair bot will pick them up and add Prosthetics back on them. However if you destroy this bot, you can kill the sisters afterwards. You have to shoot the repair bots while it's out.

Alad V:

When Alad V heard that the Tenno were coming for him, he called his best researchers to pump a special strand of Infested into him, which would make him stronger, and keep him in control of his body. When you first see him, he comes out of his own Cryo-pod, his veins bulging with Infested material, he is then given a Riot Shield, and a Prova, and starts fighting you.

Alad V is stronger due to the Strands of Infested inside of his body, so that Prova is going to hurt like S#&$, and it doesn’t help he’s using a riot shield to protect himself from harm. In order to do damage to this hulking maniac, you have to get behind him, and shoot at the Infested Control Core, which keeps him in control of his body.

As you shoot the Infested Control Core, Alad V gains more powers and becomes more rampant. His powers include Scythe-like Tentacles, toxic stingers, and a Hammer made out of Infested Material.

After destroying the Control Core, the Infested completely overcomes his mind and body, and he’s a Leaper with super powers. He’ll leap all over the stage, climb on top of walls, and bum rush you. After unloading a massive amount of bullets into this Leaper, he falls, and you win the battle

A.L.P.H.A Body

A.L.P.H.A is a special type of Infested. This particular strand of the Technocyte only infects Technology, allowing it to Infect MOA’s and other things. These Infested are rare and are very troublesome.

One particular A.L.P.H.A strand managed to infect a whole damn ship.

When you enter A.L.P.H.A body, the fight begins immediately, as it uses its control of the ship to destroy you. It can send the ship jolting in a random direction, fires turrets at you, and makes Ammo explode. In order to damage A.L.P.H.A, you must destroy 3 Key points: The Control Room, The Engine Room, and the War Room, each of which are guarded by a B.E.T.A, a powerful guardian. After taking out these 3 Key Points, the Door to the reactor room opens up, and the real fight begins.

A.L.P.H.A ADVANCE has taken over the Reactor, making each of the Reactor cores into powerful beings. When you enter the Reactor Room, The Reactor Cores bust out, and fly into battle.

ADVANCE’s basic attack is firing Yellow Beams at you, but they have a variety of Team attacks that get weaker as you destroy Reactor Cores. These include, bouncing beams off each other to form a super beam, morph into a ball to run you over, turn into a wall and fire lasers at you, and bounce their beams off the walls to create a laser wall. After killing the Reactor cores, you emerge victorious.

Whaddya Think?

Edited by BoompigXD

Why is everyone going to end game so fast? This game doesn't even last that long yet.

I say what every end game boss should  be, it should be huge.

Huge doesn't automatically equal good boss fight, a good boss fight should be relatively challenging without relying on artifical difficulty, besides, how are you going to turn the Twin Sisters, the leaders of the Grineer, and Alad V, the leader of the Corpus, into Shadow Of The Colousss Bosses?

since when everyone want bosses?

do not generalize please.

Look around, many people want End-game bosses.

also this idea of yours is pretty much default sabotage mission on corpus ship

Except, here, the reactor core is firing Yellow Lasers at you, and turning into balls of destruction.

First, please fix your English. Not the OP, but the commentators.

Two, fix the game first and not wish for additional content that would warrant additional fixes too.

Three, it's an MMORPG, I never heard of an MMORPG that has an endgame even before it was officially released. THAT IS WHY WE ARE IN BETA TESTING. We are still testing the UNFINISHED PRODUCT. We are PAYING TO TEST THEIR PRODUCT. Technically testers should be paid, but in reverse, we buy platinum.

Four, some MMORPG's do not even have an endgame. They just continuously added more content over time, WHEN THEY FINISHED TESTING.

Endgame? HONESTLY?!

Edited by ErudiusNacht

First, please fix your English.

Two, fix the game first and not wish for additional content that would warrant additional fixes too.

Three, it's an MMORPG, I never heard of an MMORPG that has an endgame even before it was officially released. THAT IS WHY WE ARE IN BETA TESTING. We are still testing the UNFINISHED PRODUCT. We are PAYING TO TEST THEIR PRODUCT. Technically testers should be paid, but in reverse, we buy platinum.

Four, some MMORPG's do not even have an endgame. They just continuously added more content over time, WHEN THEY FINISHED TESTING.

Endgame? HONESTLY?!

I am not asking for this to be put in immedietly, these are suggestions for the FUTURE!!

AND YES END-GAME, PEOPLE GOD-DAMN WANT IT.

BESIDES, "OPEN BETA" IS NOTHING MORE THAN A SIMPLE MARKETING PLOY, WHEN YOUR TAKING MONEY FOR PLAYERS IN-GAME PURCHASERS, AND IT'S OPEN TO EVERYONE THAT'S CALLED "RELEASED", READ THIS GAME-INFORMER ARTICLE

Calling your game open beta when the cash shop is open for business is disingenuous at best. When anyone can play your game and your taking money for their in-game purchases that's called released. The trend of releasing games in so-called open betas but with a business model indistinguishable from a live game has accelerated over the last year. Don't be fooled: This naming convention is pure marketing illusion, designed to lower player expectations while opening their wallets. That's not to say these games can't be fun- I’ve had some good times with Neverwinter and Path of Exile recently, for example- but this naming convention is nonsense

Edited by BoompigXD

I am not asking for this to be put in immedietly, these are suggestions for the FUTURE!!

AND YES END-GAME, PEOPLE GOD-DAMN WANT IT.

BESIDES, "OPEN BETA" IS NOTHING MORE THAN A SIMPLE MARKETING PLOY, WHEN YOUR TAKING MONEY FOR PLAYERS IN-GAME PURCHASERS, AND IT'S OPEN TO EVERYONE THAT'S CALLED "RELEASED", READ THIS GAME-INFORMER ARTICLE

Haha, got my first post deleted and got a warning. One more, and they'll lose more than 10 paying customers, and get a propaganda page on FB. So let's go talk about your idea in a way with proper "...discussion, respectful, or welcome." and without "...unfounded Dev Bashing for no purpose other than to be negative" as to quote my warning.

I actually agree with your article that this is a marketing ploy. It's basically a marketing scheme that employs a psychological effect that consumers are getting products in advance in relation to the general market. Being "Beta Testers" instills a sense of self appreciation that polishes the consumers' egos. Nonetheless, it is true that it can't be boring. I mean, I played Neverwinter and PoE too and they're good. Better than Diablo 3 actually. And PoE's supposedly in "CLOSED BETA". LOL.

If we analyze this game (Warframe), let me ask you a question. Have you noticed a trend in ranks? How many people ranking 7 or 8 have you played with? Haaaaaah, noticed that eh? The attrition rate for this game is rank 7 to 9. This is the rank where you get the most access to weapons and in the past, most of the ranking tests. Us rank 10 and above are (I think) more in numbers than Rank 8's. Rank 7 also is the time that you're about 300+ hours in the game, more or less, and have completed most if not all of the missions on the star map.

My point? This is what we call in Marketing, Product Senescence. It's basically the lean or decline period of the product. One way to avert this is to remodel or remake your product. But the recent trend surfacing is to market the product unreleased. Why? Because you can re-release, or actually "officially" release, the same product and still gain profits since you can encourage new and old consumers alike to buy the old product.

TL;DR =  we are paying to be used. We like it. We enjoy it. It's fun. Doesn't change the fact it's a lie though. Ignorance is bliss right?

I like this game. I used to love it, but after nearing 600 hours (as I type this I'm at 583:47:56), and getting U10 (*sigh), I've slowed down. I'm just probably waiting for next good thing. Maybe I'll buy GTA V later, it's release is just delayed for my country. I dunno.

As for the endgame concept, I'll stand firm that it won't happen, IMHO. Just like other MMORPG's, it's a skinner machine (google it) that invariably asks you to pay up. It's actually freemium IMHO and coupled with the label "Open Beta", and they'll milk it as long as they can. Just take a look at that new Golem as an example. I'll bet you platinum it will not get released this year, much less get an endgame.

Just in case I get heat for telling the truth and I can't post anymore, Good afternoon, Good evening and Good Night.

Oh sorry if I forgot to comment bosses themselves. I'm posting on writing on a different post just in case the previous post gets deleted again.

Grineer:

It's nice that the twin Queens get some action, after hearing about them too much from Vor. My suggestion, start them off as Conjoined twins. When they hit a certain amount of HP, they separate from each other. Or you could do the reverse also; they could combine when they hit a certain  HP. I think it's more interesting to force them to separate them to make them vulnerable.just like Lech Krill.

Corpus:

I don't think Alad V has enough balls to risk that. Remember, all they think about are profits. Also, the concept has been taken by the final boss of Metal Gear Rising Revengeance. Maybe it would be better lore-wise for him to construct a large new MOA Battle Armor that has the same battle experience that you described. At least that would fit with the lore.

Infested:

It's more of a mission than a boss. I actually like the idea that you have to take him apart from within, but you would have to put in a lot of cutscenes for this. Also, just like the Arid Fear event, this would encourage rushing and recruit spammers. Another thought is difficulty. If it's too hard, this will be an exhausting, repetitive and time consuming mission. If it's too easy, 3 maxed out Rhinos could just go to each core and finish the game simultaneously.

You're part of the Baphomet (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/105211-baphomet-%E2%80%93-the-betrayer-merihem-new-dual-infested-boss-concept-weapon-new-color-art-10313/) thread right? IMHO, making him the hive Overmind of this breed of infested and final boss for the infested would fit the lore and gameplay better.

Edited by ErudiusNacht

Oh sorry if I forgot to comment bosses themselves. I'm posting on writing on a different post just in case the previous post gets deleted again.

Grineer:

It's nice that the twin Queens get some action, after hearing about them too much from Vor. My suggestion, start them off as Conjoined twins. When they hit a certain amount of HP, they separate from each other. Or you could do the reverse also; they could combine when they hit a certain  HP. I think it's more interesting to force them to separate them to make them vulnerable.just like Lech Krill.

Sounds Intresting, and makes the boss battle unique.

Corpus:

I don't think Alad V has enough balls to risk that. Remember, all they think about are profits. Also, the concept has been taken by the final boss of Metal Gear Rising Revengeance. Maybe it would be better lore-wise for him to construct a large new MOA Battle Armor that has the same battle experience that you described. At least that would fit with the lore.

Haven't beaten Metal Gear Rising yet LOL, but if all he thinks about is Profits, then he will probably go to considerable lengths to protect these profits. As for the copying thing, games take ideas from other games all the time, i don't think there's anything to worry about.

Infested:

It's more of a mission than a boss. I actually like the idea that you have to take him apart from within, but you would have to put in a lot of cutscenes for this. Also, just like the Arid Fear event, this would encourage rushing and recruit spammers. Another thought is difficulty. If it's too hard, this will be an exhausting, repetitive and time consuming mission. If it's too easy, 3 maxed out Rhinos could just go to each core and finish the game simultaneously.

Well, A.L.P.H.A ADVANCE will only activate when all players enter the room, you forgot about the final part. The first part is killing the 3 Key points, the final part is killing the Reactor Core, which is his heart.

You're part of the Baphomet (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/105211-baphomet-%E2%80%93-the-betrayer-merihem-new-dual-infested-boss-concept-weapon-new-color-art-10313/) thread right? IMHO, making him the hive Overmind of this breed of infested and final boss for the infested would fit the lore and gameplay better.

Maybe he could control A.L.P.H.A ADVANCE....

Responses in bold

Edited by BoompigXD

Sorry Boompig, but I don't see this happening.

As much as I'd like the Twin Queens, making them about regular sized and more powerful enemies doesn't sound like something memorable.

I would like to see them wearing exoskeletons, maybe sending waves of bodyguards at you first while they are essentially invulnerable behind a forcefield. 

Once you take down the forcefield, they take you on one at a time, and then finally both join in the fight. The idea of having one long ranged and mobile and the other a tank seems to be a working thing, like Ornstein and Smough from Dark Souls. 

For Alad V, I doubt a man as experienced in covert warfare as him would let the Tenno get anywhere near him.

He has probably survived multiple assassination attempts to get where he is in the Corpus power structure. We might be able to intercept him if he left his space fortress. In that case, I don't think he would take the risk of injecting himself with anything. It doesn't sound like his personality.

As for ALPHA, I think it needs a bit of tweaking, but does sound interesting.

Sorry Boompig, but I don't see this happening.

As much as I'd like the Twin Queens, making them about regular sized and more powerful enemies doesn't sound like something memorable.

I would like to see them wearing exoskeletons, maybe sending waves of bodyguards at you first while they are essentially invulnerable behind a forcefield. 

Once you take down the forcefield, they take you on one at a time, and then finally both join in the fight. The idea of having one long ranged and mobile and the other a tank seems to be a working thing, like Ornstein and Smough from Dark Souls. 

The forcefield idea is noted but again, they have a repair bot that you have to kill, that acts as their forcefield as everytime you shoot off one of their legs or arms the bot just picks them up and puts it back on, this would also make the fight more threating, because the Sisters are constantly shooting at you.

For Alad V, I doubt a man as experienced in covert warfare as him would let the Tenno get anywhere near him.

He has probably survived multiple assassination attempts to get where he is in the Corpus power structure. We might be able to intercept him if he left his space fortress. In that case, I don't think he would take the risk of injecting himself with anything. It doesn't sound like his personality.

As i said, if he cares so much about his profits, he will most likely go to considerable lengths to protect those profits, though i don't know why we're arguing with non-existant lore. Who said he was experienced in Covert Warfare? Who said that his henchmen didn't help him survive assasination attempts? Since the lore is non-existant, we don't know if Alad V is a small man with big profits, or a big, bulky, buff type guy, and we don't even know Alad V's personailty

As for ALPHA, I think it needs a bit of tweaking, but does sound interesting.

Bold Responses