Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orthos Prime Can't Excute?

yarash2110

Idk about orthos but everytime i try to do an excute move with orthos prime the animotion is going but it always missies the dude, ALWAYS, please fix this, its really anoying to get locked with this animotion that eventuely does nothing,

Write in the comments if you are experiencing the same problem, and thanks for reading

this might be a dumb question but what do yoou mean by excute?

its not a dumb question, i actually didn't know till last weak or so, when you knock an enemy down and press e next to him it does an animation of killing him with your melee, apparently it keeps missing with heavy weapons

its not a dumb question, i actually didn't know till last weak or so, when you knock an enemy down and press e next to him it does an animation of killing him with your melee, apparently it keeps missing with heavy weapons

Thanks for the info so that basically means the finishing move no? lol

I don't know about the orthos, but everytime I try to do an execution move with the orthos prime, the animation is working but it always misses the dude, ALWAYS. Please fix this, its really annoying to get locked with this animation that eventually does nothing.

Please comment if you are experiencing the same problem, and thanks for reading.

Many other weapons have this issue. Reaper Prime being one for sure. Not sure if this has actually been reported yet, noticed it since U10.

Edited by FunkDoctaSpock

Has nothing to do with range. It MISSES completely.

I've never had an issue like that before, where the finishing move consistently fails to connect with the targets. Clearly a bug introduced with U10.0

It has, i've missed with the Galatine once so i just got closer and have not missed again, i havent done proper testing but getting closer stopped the missed for me. .

I guess it should technically not start if it's outside range but the problem with slow weapons is that the animation takes so long that the enemies do some times end up getting up  while you are still performing the move so the problem could be that the enemy got up and moved but because of lag it doesnt show it.

To be clear, you also need to put your cursor over the enemy - just being close will often not cut it. (No pun intended.)

Sucks that it's missing for you.  I honestly haven't had that happen, but like others have mentioned, I generally attack from right on top of them.  Even if the animation misses, is it not doing damage to them?

While they're fixing this, though, I would really like it if it wouldn't execute while I'm trying to charge attack.  I keep using vortex and then attacking the clump with my galantine.  However, after the first strike, it only ever wants to execute them, one by one, instead of charging. =D

Edited by Khale_Kitha

It has, i've missed with the Galatine once so i just got closer and have not missed again, i havent done proper testing but getting closer stopped the missed for me. .

I guess it should technically not start if it's outside range but the problem with slow weapons is that the animation takes so long that the enemies do some times end up getting up  while you are still performing the move so the problem could be that the enemy got up and moved but because of lag it doesnt show it.

- why can we start an Execute animation-lock if it won't hit the enemy where he currently is?

- if that happens, the animation might as well cancel or something. idk.

however, i don't generally miss with Executes that often. then again, my dedicated Executing weapon is Gram, and that has an AoE on it's Execute, so maybe i don't notice :p

Edited by taiiat

- why can we start an Execute animation-lock if it won't hit the enemy where he currently is?

- if that happens, the animation might as well cancel or something. idk.

however, i don't generally miss with Executes that often. then again, my dedicated Executing weapon is Gram, and that has an AoE on it's Execute, so maybe i don't notice :p

Well, there is obviously a problem between the range of where you can start one and the actual contact range since if you get closer you do actually hit.

Not knowing anything, this uses the same animation of the Scindo and Fraggor who both have huge heads while this thing is just a point.  Has anyone had this problem with the Gram? I used the Gram a long time ago and left it at 11 so i have no memory of this sword having this problem.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Not knowing anything, this uses the same animation of the Scindo and Fraggor who both have huge heads while this thing is just a point.  Has anyone had this problem with the Gram? I used the Gram a long time ago and left it at 11 so i have no memory of this sword having this problem.

i've had Gram long enough for it to be capped across the board. 

i've missed probably 2% of my Executes. and i use Gram for executes a LOT.