Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague Star encourages grief play

Vespilan

One of those ingredients, the Phylaxis itself, can only be gotten when you have already done at least TWO Plague Star (One for levelling up the Syndicate, one to actually buy.) 

Other times people want to do 0/4 since doing that is far quicker than killing 4 Hemocytes. But if I do that, I either check to see what everyone else is adding first. Almost all the time I'm the one who's putting the ingredients into the machine. If we end up doing 4/4, sure, whatever, I don't mind doing 4/4. But because it's a pub mission and I see no one has put 0/4 in, I usually end up putting it in the last moment. No complaints.

If you want to do 4/4, it's probably best to get an actual group going. However calling people leeches is incredibly rude in this instance because they may not want to increase the difficulty of the mission anymore. 

1 hour ago, KaijuKraid said:

If you want to do 4/4, it's probably best to get an actual group going. However calling people leeches is incredibly rude in this instance because they may not want to increase the difficulty of the mission anymore. 

People who know what they are doing shred the Hemocyte in seconds, what do you mean difficulty? 

99% of the time people in pubs want to do 4/4, from my experience. Such an addition would only allow 4/4 AND 0/4s like yourself to get the desired experience more consistantly. 
I get the point about the phylaxis but even then you can still do the x/4 variant. 

On 2020-01-21 at 3:24 PM, Vespilan said:

t6UnEAn.png

Do I need to say much more?

There needs to be a new "tier" to the plague star missions, regular with no phylaxis or catalysts and "elite" where you have to pay both as a ticket to even get in. 
The current plague star encourages grief play. It encourages you to leech off of others to safe on resources. 
Having to tiers would also make it easier for people to farm who do not want to use any of the two at all to speed up the hemocyte fight. 

Easily sorted by DE ..once toxin is placed into mixer one catalyst & one phylaxis is automatically added from each player

If you don't have any ,can't join mission.

I'm more concerned with players that take drone then quit ,buggering mission for rest of the team 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vespilan said:

People who know what they are doing shred the Hemocyte in seconds, what do you mean difficulty? 

99% of the time people in pubs want to do 4/4, from my experience. Such an addition would only allow 4/4 AND 0/4s like yourself to get the desired experience more consistantly. 
I get the point about the phylaxis but even then you can still do the x/4 variant. 

For newer players, they get scared if they see higher numbers and 'difficulty.' (Relax, I can do it easy and don't care about 4/4.) 

But still, I think for better benefit, doing it in a group would be a better option anyways. Plus with a group you know you can do it with, you can just go straight in and straight out again, thus speeding it up more than just going pub then the inevitable one person leaving after mission or far worse, the dreaded host migration and other such stuff. 

That's really the best option to go for. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

It's not DE's fault that people are muppets on a lot of online games. The internet breeds as much toxicity as helpfulness unfortunately. 

Well they are responsible for their own game. You can look into game theory if you want to find out more about it.

But basically the problem when you have a lot of people is, that your reputation doesn't suffer the same way in a large group of people as it does in a small group of people. Because information about bad behavior doesn't get around to everybody, you can rip off more people. The straight forward way to fix this is something like the honor system in league of legends, although it's questionable how well that actually works.

It also doesn't help, that warframe doesn't promote team play very well. You generally just play along and don't really interact or depend on each other. In traditional MMOs you would have healers and DPS and so on and if somebody did a good job, that you don't have influence on, it's a good reason to remember that person, so you can hopefully rely on them in the future. And when you have a culture, where people rely on each other, that naturally makes them find communities. And in those communities you might hear, that someone is going afk all the time and then you can decide, if that's something you want to deal with.
It's obviously more complicated, but there are things you can do, to build a nice community. It's not inevitable, that you have to run into "toxic" people on the internet.