Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Long Range Shotgun!

yarash2110

Full auto shotgun = wide spread

Semi auto shotgun = tighter spread

Why? For balance reasons.

And then you have magazine capacity: 4-7 shells = low tier shotgun, 8-12 shells = middle tier shotgun, 20-30 shells = hight tier shotgun.

spread has nothing to do with weather the weapon is auto or not, fire rate might affect it but thats it, besides the fact that with full auto weapons its not like you must shoot full auto, you can still shoot just one shot at a time, Edited by yarash2110

spread has nothing to do with weather the weapon is accurate or not

Why do you think that? Well, you are wrong and it's pretty embarrassing for you to be thinking that the spread of a shotguns pellets has nothing to do with accuracy.

Why do you think that? Well, you are wrong and it's pretty embarrassing for you to be thinking that the spread of a shotguns pellets has nothing to do with accuracy.

lol i misswrote i meant spread has nothing to do with weather the weapon is auto or not

lol i misswrote i meant spread has nothing to do with weather the weapon is auto or not

It's the other way around or should be for balance reasons... I won't repeat myself again and I think that I'm done here.

It's the other way around or should be for balance reasons... I won't repeat myself again and I think that I'm done here.

the other way around? You're basicly saying im right... Thats new in the warframe forums, someone that admits when he thinks he was wrong, unless i got you wrong and now you just have nothing to say so you say "the other way around" without explaining, and what do you mean for balance reasons? Whats for balance reasons? Is the semi auto for balance reasons? Becausse thats what i said

i dont want to use something that kind of acts similer to something that is close to what i want, and idc about how weapons actually work, if you think i should then just tell me and i'l go and research laser rifels and armor ignoring rifels to understand warframe weapons better through real life weapons, because if you shoot an arrow it can penetrate through armor in real life right? Oh and dont forget to check on that laser beam that only reaches about 20 meters and also goes through armor, no i wont do a research on guns

You're thinking of it the wrong way. I'm not saying that I think your idea is unrealistic. What I'm saying is you don't know what a rifle is.

A rifle is a firearm that has rifling down the barrel. Shotguns that are meant to fire buckshot and birdshot ("Multishot") are smoothbore.

When you're asking for a "rifle" that has "multishot," that's like asking for a dog that looks and sounds and acts like a cat. Why not just ask for a cat?

OP, what you're describing is a shotgun with realistic pellet spread and range. Video game shotguns are horribly short-ranged weapons compared to their real life counterparts. Hell, I take my mossberg 500 down to the range every now and then, and it's more accurate than half the "rifles" in warframe.

You're thinking of it the wrong way. I'm not saying that I think your idea is unrealistic. What I'm saying is you don't know what a rifle is.

A rifle is a firearm that has rifling down the barrel. Shotguns that are meant to fire buckshot and birdshot ("Multishot") are smoothbore.

When you're asking for a "rifle" that has "multishot," that's like asking for a dog that looks and sounds and acts like a cat. Why not just ask for a cat?

OP, what you're describing is a shotgun with realistic pellet spread and range. Video game shotguns are horribly short-ranged weapons compared to their real life counterparts. Hell, I take my mossberg 500 down to the range every now and then, and it's more accurate than half the "rifles" in warframe.

as i said earlier idc if you want to call it a shotgun, just tell me your opinion of the idea, i'l fix my thread,

A shotgun without a shotgun's spread or fallout. What a genius.

Btw i want a sniper with  Soma ROF, mag and clip size.

thats not how it works... snipers are oneshot massive damage, if they will shoot fast they will be op, shotguns are simply multishot semi auto guns, no one made them to suck at close range, its just that some of them are like that, and as the guy above said in reality shotguns have much better range then in video games... although snipers work pretty much the same in most cases 

I'l just change your comment because i dont want to agree with you and i need a reason for it..

hek was op when the maximum level of the enemies was 50, now its unlimited and the hek sucks compared to other weapons, it needs something that makes it spaciel, 140 damage with 2.7 fire rate is ok agienst level 50 enemies, not 100,

Shotguns are meant to be CQB weapons, not this sniper/shotgun that the Hek used to be.

but it wont be a sniper, it will have 80 or less damage, and also, as a guy said earlier shotguns in real life has much better range then in games, no one makes weapons to suck in the first place, this would be a realistic shotgun

hek was op when the maximum level of the enemies was 50, now its unlimited and the hek sucks compared to other weapons, it needs something that makes it spaciel, 140 damage with 2.7 fire rate is ok agienst level 50 enemies, not 100,

Well to "quote you raw" hek is already SPACIEL, it already has the better range of all shotgun.

But even if i love it, after a potato and a forma still is good against high levels (60-80),over those guys you have to use better weapons, you know, those that require MORE than mastery level 4?

Well to "quote you raw" hek is already SPACIEL, it already has the better range of all shotgun.

But even if i love it, after a potato and a forma still is good against high levels (60-80),over those guys you have to use better weapons, you know, those that require MORE than mastery level 4?

i use a weapon that requires mastery rank2 and im kicking asses on every level, but if you read the thread you would see that the hek justcame up, the thread is about a new shotgun that wont change hek, will have less damage about the same rof and much better acuracy, and i'l ask you to comment on that and not a random comment,

i use a weapon that requires mastery rank2 and im kicking asses on every level, but if you read the thread you would see that the hek justcame up, the thread is about a new shotgun that wont change hek, will have less damage about the same rof and much better acuracy, and i'l ask you to comment on that and not a random comment,

Glad you like OP weapon.

Soma and company aren't a good example,you know?Mastery rank (this was said in the live stream) should split the arsenal of this game in tiers, so the higher the level, the better the weapon, just because actually this isn't entirely true that doesn't mean it's a good thing that your Rank2 weapon is amazing and better than a Rank4.

As i already said, in your original post you talk about a crazily op gun, because it's literally the old hek with just less damage, you know what the problem was with the old hek?Not the damage, the range.

SHOT-GUN : are only for close to medium, everything over that is op and nonsensical, but for the sake of parody :

Hey guys!Why can't we have a sniper rifle that fires 5 bullets at a time in a very tight spread?I will be weaker than Snipertron in damage x bullet term,but if all the pellets hit it will inflict massive damage!Give it a 2-3 max ammo capacity per clip and a slower fire rate and it's gold!

Edited by JusticeJack