Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Slight Nerfing Of The Hind

RX-74

Disclaimer: I don't hate the Hind and I don't think that it is overpowered but this is what I would do if I was a DE dev:

Reduce it's magazine capacity from 65 to 60 rounds and increase it's reload time from 2.0 to 2.4 seconds.

All the rest stays as it is so what do you guys think... unnecessary nerf?

...why would you nerf it? That's the context we're missing, the why. Nerfs AND buffs need reasons.

I just think that it should have 60 rounds instead of 65 (thats 12 bursts instead of 13) and that the reload time should be increased for that large magazine.

I don't see why it would need a nerf. It's five round burst makes it slow enough to keep it's damage on par with the rest; I quite like the hind, it doesn't feel too good or terrible, in fact, it's ammo economy gets worse and worse as you get better with it because you often waste four of five rounds because the first one killed your target in the first place, so I honestly don't think a nerf is necessary for the hind, just saying.

Because they need it, MK1 Braton needs a new name and a new skin, Latron and Burston needs to be buffed and the Hind as you say it needs a minor rebalance.

I'm glad your opinion is not actually the law you seem to want it to be.  If you want to try to start up a reasonable discussion on your topic(s) you'll need to do more than state your opinion on things, and instead present out a plausible argument for why you believe what you believe, with numbers and facts to go along with your reasoning.  Stating x is overpowered because I said so is not a plausible argument.  Stating x is overpowered because y, the next most powerful weapon, is 40% less DPS than x (while having no other differences between x and y), is a plausible argument.  Of course keep in mind that higher mastery rank requirement items will tend to have more DPS, and that in reality very few items are quite as similar as Hind and Burston.

In regards to Hind and Burston, I find that Burston is better in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing.  They have similar fire rates (five bullets per second, not bursts; both heavily effected by FPS), the exact same damage, and Hind has a more forgiving recoil.  Burston, however, has more control over ammo usage and more bursts per magazine than Hind.  Considering an experienced player can control the bullet spread and recoil of Burston without too much trouble, Hind loses it's only edge, and instead ends up a more wasteful Hind.  I believe neither weapon currently deserves any form of buff nor nerf.

Latron could probably better serve it's purpose as a weapon between sniper rifles and automatic weapons with a buff to it's base damage, crit chance, and/or crit damage; however a weapon revision is already in place based on a past poll in the Design Council forums.  With that in mind I would expect some changes to it in the near (or not so near; DE is unpredictable) future.

Your justification on the naming/model change requests of the MK1 is just silly, pointless, and loaded with an unnecessary amount of opinion.  I would recommend you give up that idea entirely as it's wholly unneeded.