The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coolant Leak

Enomilli

when u use it as your first precept, all others will stop working. when a precept is higher prioritized than coolant leak, coolant leak does not work.

coolant leak makes it so enemies DIRECTLY under the sentinel (meaning 1m radius around u) will freeze up (kinda like the ice elemental damage)

I'd say even if the mod was fixed, only use it if you aren't using a wyrm and like to stun your cqc targets

It's really bad, pretty much useless as it stands. If it was passive, then it wouldn't be as bad, but it works like a skill, so if you put it on the first place, nothing else will happen when something is close (no cloak/vacuum etc), if you put it as 3rd/4th skill, it pretty much will never activate.

Eh, it's really not that small of an area. I use it all the time, putting it in the 4th precept position pushed my attack precept off the list, but it still attacks fine. It is definitely a melee range slow down, but usually they are chilled before they actually get close enough to start swinging. I'm not really sure if it is actually more useful than having your sentinel shoot them with an ice mod equipped for a single enemy. But watching an entire group of infested chilled at once is pretty nice.

many times this saved me when i leveled Mag prime. how ? freezing big female grineers (with gorgons) when they knockdown me, freezing Disruptor infested when they are close to me and trying to drain all your energy and shield. the thing with this mod, is when you play and many ennemies are arround you, you cant see the difference. so try for example this mod when you have only 1 ennemy on visual. hope i helped you a bit...

Out of all the mods that could have introduced the unlevelable mod, Coolant Leak is one of the worst choices they could have made. (what about Power Throw?)

A passive freeze for enemies around you, power throw is awesome on glaive.

If you're looking for useless mods then you gonna look at the fire resist ones.

Hey now, fire resist is pretty useless, but at least there's an enemy that uses lots of it against you. You want really useless you are going to have to go with freeze resistance, or intruder, or any of the blocking mods.

Power Throw is already in the game.

I'm talking about how Coolant Leak is the first mod with no levels available. Why did they pick a mod which could have a larger AoE on level up when a mod that shouldn't scale at all (Glaive Puncture) has 5 levels? What's it gonna do, penetrate harder?

I'm talking about how Coolant Leak is the first mod with no levels available. Why did they pick a mod which could have a larger AoE on level up when a mod that shouldn't scale at all (Glaive Puncture) has 5 levels? What's it gonna do, penetrate harder?

Oh. Well, your previous post didn't sound anything like that, but I see what you're saying now. Anyway, hopefully they'll add upgrades or something in the future since Coolant Leak seems pretty crappy right now (from my limited use of it). Perhaps the entire thing (including no upgrades) is because it's bugged or something.

Ironically you could state that the problem is that it IS passive. But as a precept it still needs priority. 
It's always active, IF, nothing out prioritizes it. 
So it's useless on any sentinel that automatically attacks a target in range. Because they will always shoot over coolant leak. Or always coolant leak and never shoot. 
It does however make good use on Shade, who only attacks when you are attacked. And therefore you can put coolant on the bottom priority and still have moments for it to activate. 

I had no idea it didn't work without being in a slot, I thought it was passive.

Mine works just fine not being in a slot, I have it in the bottom row, between return and the attack mod, it shows up on the precept list in the 4th position, pushing out the attack mod, but since it still attacks anyway and it uses coolant leak I figure that's fine.