The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cant find Coprun in the Plains

JoeMama422

Question

Using the Sunpoint drill, usually getting 3+ to the mining "hotspot" bonus, yes, i am mining the red ore veins, i am aware blue veins are gem veins.

i mostly get Puestrels, usually twice what i find of any other ore. After that its Ferros and then a tie between Pyrol and Auron - but in 3 straight days of mining ive only found about 6 Coprun veins. Is there a trick to finding Coprun? ive noticed that Ferros is very present in and around Grineer camps, but i havent noticed any pattern for the other ores - aside from Puestrels being everywhere.

Really hope im just doing this wrong, im tired of "RNGesus hates you" being the answer 😕

8 answers to this question

its happening  to me also but instead with poryl, havent done much mining but in roughly 1,2 hours i get mostly pustrels followed by ferros and the others i can get like once every 5 minutes

also is it me or doesnt it seem faster to just rush it instead of taking your time trying to get full marks?

hace 6 minutos, xichao dijo:

its happening  to me also but instead with poryl, havent done much mining but in roughly 1,2 hours i get mostly pustrels followed by ferros and the others i can get like once every 5 minutes

also is it me or doesnt it seem faster to just rush it instead of taking your time trying to get full marks?

It is indeed faster, but it gets you the minimum ammount of resources, getting the full mark grants you a higher number and sometimes even a different resource as a bonus

12 hours ago, (PS4)Apoleon_amarr said:

3 days is too much time wasted, have you tried killing thumpers? at this rate it would be worth the try, if you dont want to, just keep mining

only ran into like 3 and none of them dropped any. i remember finding a spawn map for them so i might give that a try.

10 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

coprun is, afaik, a really common ore. Have you tried doing your mining badly? That should up your chance. Though I have never had problems getting coprun so it is just a guess.

hell, i might as well try. back to the plains.

Definitely use a worse drill, although you can still mine well. The sunpoint has a good chance of getting rare drops that the lower ones can't get. This, by using lower ones, you have a higher chance of getting coprun since you can't get rare minerals. I had a similar issue with azurite and pyrol. After switching from the sunpoint to the base one I found a lot more. (Still not a ton, still an annoying grind, and taking out thumpers isn't an awful idea)