Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jordas quest is terrible

OrSpeeder

Seriously DE, that quest is just terrible, nothing redeems it, not even the reward.

1. The story is boring and bad, and doesn't say much about the lore.

2. Finding the pherliac pods, took me THREE WEEKS of grinding, seriously DE that is just wrong, it is awful design.

3. Waiting several hours to make consumables that take forever to find the blueprint, just make it all a even worse slog.

4. Then when doing the mission... it never use the pods, you just enter the mission and fight the boss.

5. And the boss took 27 minutes to kill, that is just ridiculous, it has absurds amounts of health, takes forever to kill, and has no interesting attack, it was basically me for 27 minutes drifting slowly behind it holding my fire button until ran out of ammo, let it recharge, hold down button again. That wasn't a challenge, it was torture, even got my hand painful and gave me a literal headache.

6. After all that time holding attack button... animation of death is just bad, the drops are bad (not even one archwing mod? Where are the archwing mods DE? I can't even fill all my slots!) and the reward is bad (Atlas kinda suck).

28 minutes ago, OrSpeeder said:

5. And the boss took 27 minutes to kill, that is just ridiculous, it has absurds amounts of health, takes forever to kill

This point is on you, not the boss. When you have a properly modded Archwing it takes about two minutes to kill the boss. I do agree with the rest of your points though.

• Realistically, you should just skip Atlas and go for the prime version, it is much easier to get.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OrSpeeder said:

2. Finding the pherliac pods, took me THREE WEEKS of grinding, seriously DE that is just wrong, it is awful design.

Did you not know how to farm it ? I could see this take few days but three weeks ? thats just puling a leg .

1 hour ago, OrSpeeder said:

5. And the boss took 27 minutes to kill, that is just ridiculous, it has absurds amounts of health, takes forever to kill, and has no interesting attack, it was basically me for 27 minutes drifting slowly behind it holding my fire button until ran out of ammo, let it recharge, hold down button again. That wasn't a challenge, it was torture, even got my hand painful and gave me a literal headache.

Velocitus or imperator vandal properly moded paired with odonatas shield crit damage buff , fight wount last a minute

Edited by bad4youLT
  • Like 1

I was using Itzal and normal Imperator.

Thing is, for example you suggest Imperator Vandal, where I am supposed to get that?

OR "properly modded", where are the mods? If you pay attention most of the good mods are locked behind Profit Taker, that is locked behind massive amounts of reputation.

I believe that maybe for veteran players, that was a ridiculously easy quest (something that is not good either), since they probalby would already have those things.

But for a new player, specially with hard MR limit to reputation,  with no way to for example use medallions to go above the limit, or you have to put up with such easy but extremely boring quest, or wait months until you have all the necessary gear to do it, and the quest nowhere hint that.

If the quest was hard, maybe then it would flag that, I would start the boss fight, get trounced, realize I need better gear... but nope, the fight is just shooting at a massive bullet sponge. (also remember that archwings were further nerfed because Empyrean, making things worse).

On 2020-02-17 at 4:25 AM, OrSpeeder said:

If you pay attention most of the good mods are locked behind Profit Taker, that is locked behind massive amounts of reputation.

This is a poor excuse. I have never used a single mod exclusive to Profit Taker for this fight. So there is no reason why you would have to do that. I just use Odonata (first ability) and a gun modded for corrosive (Grattler or Imperator). You don’t even need the Vandal version - that can be purchased from players or obtained during Formorian events. 

• Yes, this does require you to run Archwing missions. But the boss fight doesn’t need to be difficult.

The quest is probably the worst one we have, but the boss fight has nothing to do with it.

Anyway, after complaining in another thread about mods, a veteran player gave me some, and helped A LOT.

Also found out what is up with mods... many of the essential ones, with silver color... only drop less than 1pct and only from some rare enemies, that seemly lately spawn less as more enemies were introduced on the game, some of them people are charging 40p on the market.