Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Affinity Rework Need

Zelmen

Can we please get an affinity rework. As someone who has done it so many times, I just want to play the game. I don't want to be forced to use the weapon if I'm solo, or forced into groups ending up in leaching missions.

We can all admit to experiencing AFK / Leeching players leveling weapons. One of the main reasons people still do this is because Affinity is so broken. Why should the frame get 100% off abilities kill but a weapon kill is an auto split with frame 50/50? Pets?! Don't even get me start on my anger towards leveling pets. They only get XP from their own kills (which is low), mission objectives, or LEECHING OFF OTHERS.

I feel like this is a super easy fix. Two options:

1. Split affinity evenly over everything. Allows people to have unranked weapons equipped but not forced. Most weapons suck until they get enough points / forma to get needed mods. usually the first 20 ranks of mod points are worthless grinds. Never seeing the full potential for the weapon
  2. An overflow system. Have a rank 30 frame? all XP from that frame is split with unranked equipment. Have only a pet that need to rank up? 100% xp to the pet. 

Fixing affinity even with these two options of so many I have seen can cut down leeching in missions.

• Like 1

I agree the system could use some major rethinking; after playing dead by daylight for a bit and seeing how different their xp system functions it really made me think WF could mix in some of their methods. In DbD each players boosters (can) affect the entire squad, so you might come out with 10,000xp or 80,000 depending on quite a few other factors such as:

Actual cooperative play.

In WF generally one player could carry an entire squad through almost any of the missions we normally run to rank weapons/frames/etc, in DbD that's very unlikely to work and the players that don't contribute to the tasks (distracting the killer, fixing generators, healing each other, etc) get almost nothing. Slowly sneaking around and hiding but not actually contributing gets you nada, but if you do the deal and accomplish and try you can come out with quite a good haul of xp. Even if you fail and end up dead.

Camping and AFK is completely pointless over there, on our side it can be made to work out pretty well.

I'm not sure how to mix that system in with ours but the way it works as is definitely dis-incentivizes a lot of players from actually trying to do much to help.

Just my 2 cents.

20 minutes ago, Asphyxxia said:

This doesn't really solve anything. People will just have an easier time ranking stuff up without actually using it. Currently it incentivizes players to try out new things, which is pretty important.

As I already pointed out most things don't show their true colors until they get close to max rank and in some cases need forma and potatos. The current system is still abused because you don't need to use anything currently. Most people go to hydron and just sit there or run around pick up stuff and not fighting. 

So far you have:

• Provided no solution, or improvement over what I stated
  • Claimed it would make things easier when in fact it just reducing grind time when items real potential of any frame / weapon is the different builds you can make after ranking up
  • Saying it incentivizes players when most don't use anything when leveling and leech xp. Why do you think ESO and hydron are so popular, because everyone sits around to be carried. 9/10 times they are not there to "try out weapons" but yet you are focused on it being important. What about the Kuva weapons that need 5 forma or any build that needs multiple forma. There is no reason to penalize those players that have to re-rank up every forma with a bad system. 

You have added nothing to this topic and bolstering a poor system.

39 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

An overflow system. Have a rank 30 frame? all XP from that frame is split with unranked equipment. Have only a pet that need to rank up? 100% xp to the pet. 

This is actually very easy to implement, so I'm honestly baffled we don't already have it. It would be such a simple, yet oh so effective qol improvement. And it wouldn't even interfere with focus, because you can code it to be like "overflow Affinity goes to equipment that needs to be ranked: if you have lens equipped it goes to focus instead", it's a banal if clause.

2 hours ago, TearsOfTomorrow said:

This is actually very easy to implement, so I'm honestly baffled we don't already have it. It would be such a simple, yet oh so effective qol improvement. And it wouldn't even interfere with focus, because you can code it to be like "overflow Affinity goes to equipment that needs to be ranked: if you have lens equipped it goes to focus instead", it's a banal if clause.

Yep. Agreed.

On 2020-02-19 at 7:53 AM, TearsOfTomorrow said:

Probably 'cause it would make ten rounds on Hydron all that's necessary to level a weapon, instead of 10 rounds with a booster.

Wouldn't turn my nose up at the change, though.

Then again, I wouldn't mind it if the Grineer weren't miles away the most valuable faction for XP farming, either.