Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Golem: Why 3 Max Level Players Can't Take It Down (Nerfing Needed)

Wilsky

I can solo him on Volt or Nova easily..... Rhino makes it a cakewalk... Are you using high damage weapons with armor ignore or armor pierce? Make sure you use FIre Elemental Damage as well, it is an Infested Boss after all.

Both my weapons have maxed armor pierce and 3 levels of Fire damage as well. 

I have only ran him 3 times. the first two with Loki, using Synapse and Despair. After having an experience like the OP on the second run (the first was easy) I switched to Rhino, a Soma and Despair. i have to say that with "the right" frame and armor ignore (that or critical build) weapons it IS easier to beat him. But I agree that you shouldn't HAVE TO bring "the right frame". Maybe the right weapons - but any frame SHOULD be sufficient. that's a problem with designing games. there has to be a way that all hero's in your game can win - there should never be "no escape".

The rules of Lephantis are not being followed - one of the heads spits toxic clouds - when you kill that head there should be no more toxic clouds (except the ones it already placed). That is not the case - the toxic gas clouds keep forming. There is, after a while, no path to avoid constant damage. Players are being treated as if any advantage is "cheating", and are given no escape - forcing people to pick certain frames to make it through. Some people don't have all the frames to wheel to - are we considering that?

Being that there is nod defense against toxins in Warframe, it is unfair to place players in a room with a gigantic toxic boss and then filling it with toxic clouds. You cannot stand still and you can't move because toxics and electric pools are right in your face at all times. The only solution to this puzzle is "try and make it through". And that's what it should be - a puzzle, not just an insanely hard boss to kill. The puzzle should be:

1) Kill this head - things get less dangerous. Whatever this head was doing stops completely.

2) Kill the next head - things get much easier. Whatever that head was doing ends.

3) Kill the next head - monster dead.

It doesn't have to be "easy" (it can still follow rules and be difficult) - but it can be a lot more logical and somewhat more predictable than it currently is.

Nova, Rhino, Trinity, Nyx(or another Rhino):

This team will make you set for "Lephantis" no problem. Nova for her damage Multiplier with MP, Rhino for maintaining Roar and Stomp, Trinity for EV and blessing, and a Nyx to CC all the little guys. (Or you can use a second rhino so that you can make the job easier by having them maintain different powers.)

I have only ran him 3 times. the first two with Loki, using Synapse and Despair. After having an experience like the OP on the second run (the first was easy) I switched to Rhino, a Soma and Despair. i have to say that with "the right" frame and armor ignore (that or critical build) weapons it IS easier to beat him. But I agree that you shouldn't HAVE TO bring "the right frame". Maybe the right weapons - but any frame SHOULD be sufficient. that's a problem with designing games. there has to be a way that all hero's in your game can win - there should never be "no escape".

The rules of Lephantis are not being followed - one of the heads spits toxic clouds - when you kill that head there should be no more toxic clouds (except the ones it already placed). That is not the case - the toxic gas clouds keep forming. There is, after a while, no path to avoid constant damage. Players are being treated as if any advantage is "cheating", and are given no escape - forcing people to pick certain frames to make it through. Some people don't have all the frames to wheel to - are we considering that?

Being that there is nod defense against toxins in Warframe, it is unfair to place players in a room with a gigantic toxic boss and then filling it with toxic clouds. You cannot stand still and you can't move because toxics and electric pools are right in your face at all times. The only solution to this puzzle is "try and make it through". And that's what it should be - a puzzle, not just an insanely hard boss to kill. The puzzle should be:

1) Kill this head - things get less dangerous. Whatever this head was doing stops completely.

2) Kill the next head - things get much easier. Whatever that head was doing ends.

3) Kill the next head - monster dead.

It doesn't have to be "easy" (it can still follow rules and be difficult) - but it can be a lot more logical and somewhat more predictable than it currently is.

My thoughts exactly. 

I did this solo with an Excalibur, Strun Wraith and Kunai. It is hard but definitely possible. Just keep moving and be aware of the poison clouds. For excalibur, I kept spamming radial blind to keep the small guys away. Use your ninja abilities! Run, jump and slide!

"Reads title" Starts to smh as I click on it.

"Reads first post" Starts to facepalm

"Reads OP responses" Noob, I can't even call you a newb for someone whose been here since april and isn't willing to take advice on how to beat the boss, but instead gets defensive to replies and wants to nerf a boss that is fine for most players, because him and his group of friends couldn't take the boss down in 2 hours. -_-

I can take the boss down with the frame and weapons you have OP, it's not the boss, it's you and your friends to be honest.

I'd like the OP to tell us if this was the only run, or where there other runs that were different - or others and all the same. This game is all about RNG - and its possible he just had all the worst numbers come up. As I explained in my last post - one game was hard, another ridiculously easy. The first game I played I hardly saw any toxic clouds. The second the room was choking on it, the third Lephantis didn't have a chance because I tore his nasty behind up with "the right frame and weapons"... Don't jump on him because of his issues (victimizing the victim is like bullying) - if you think he is a "noob" or "weak", why not help him instead of attacking the "weak" person? Telling him "Well, I solo'd everything, so you stink, you noob..." - why even make a post like that? How would YOU respond if someone talked to you like that? And the greater question is how is that addressing the topic?

What I would suggest to the OP is that until DE fixes the wildly fluctuating difficulty level, or beefs up frames so that they all play on an equal field level - is to just keep trying. Forget about the last game and try again. There's not much more you can do besides that - and keep on expressing your concerns no matter what anyone says - its when people stop talking about problems that problems do not get solved.

Grind on my friend - grind on...

Edited by magusat999

Meh, I had the worst time fighting Lephantis with Rhino.  When you have Iron Skin on, every damn trash mob in the arena comes right for you, so you never get a chance to shoot the boss.

That being said, I think I've died a grand total of once or twice, even while using trashy low-level, non-potatoed weapons.  It really isn't that difficult at all.

I usually just solo Lephantis with my Nova...with my Strun Wraith...with loads of Shotgun Ammo packs. It may take a while, but it gets the job done.

edit:

Oh, and the order I always kill them in is Finger Face, Sniper face, and then Scythe hand. I find it easier that way. 

Edited by BloodCarnival

I'd like the OP to tell us if this was the only run, or where there other runs that were different - or others and all the same. This game is all about RNG - and its possible he just had all the worst numbers come up. As I explained in my last post - one game was hard, another ridiculously easy. The first game I played I hardly saw any toxic clouds. The second the room was choking on it, the third Lephantis didn't have a chance because I tore his nasty behind up with "the right frame and weapons"... Don't jump on him because of his issues (victimizing the victim is like bullying) - if you think he is a "noob" or "weak", why not help him instead of attacking the "weak" person? Telling him "Well, I solo'd everything, so you stink, you noob..." - why even make a post like that? How would YOU respond if someone talked to you like that? And the greater question is how is that addressing the topic?

What I would suggest to the OP is that until DE fixes the wildly fluctuating difficulty level, or beefs up frames so that they all play on an equal field level - is to just keep trying. Forget about the last game and try again. There's not much more you can do besides that - and keep on expressing your concerns no matter what anyone says - its when people stop talking about problems that problems do not get solved.

Grind on my friend - grind on...

thanks Magusat. This was a first run through. I didn't realize this game was so randomly generated. I'll have to try again. 

To be fair, he is probably the hardest boss currently in-game. 
However, he is not unbeatable. There are tactics to every one of his heads, and learning these help you to beat him fairly effectively. 
I managed to solo him for my last piece of Nekros, although I did use up a fair amount of revives. 
In a team, however, there is not too much difficulty. In a team, any combination of frame can beat him. 
Just bring Vitality. Lots and lots of it. And some Heal Packs.

I do agree that the DPS cap is ridiculous, though. 

All i saw was "I cant faceroll this bozz with my friendz, nerf pleaze". COME ON! 2 hours on a boss that takes minutes to get down, doesnt come up to your mind that maybe you and your friends arent even near to being powerfull enough for that boss?

if just one, i repeat, just one of you guys had some real good weapon/mods that 3 headed worm would be dead in 15 minute max. Just take your time to really understand what the real "max level" for the game warframe is.

Edit: you're calling yourself a noob, not me. I just told you to take your time to fully explore the big weponry that has to offer warframe and understand what is good it for Aka you have to still learn the game like all of us did. The right tool for the right job, Unfair that some combination of weaponry makes the job easyer? Nonsense!

Edited by fatalis92

All i saw was "I cant faceroll this bozz with my friendz, nerf pleaze". COME ON! 2 hours on a boss that takes minutes to get down, doesnt come up to your mind that maybe you and your friends arent even near to being powerfull enough for that boss?

if just one, i repeat, just one of you guys had some real good weapon/mods that 3 headed worm would be dead in 15 minute max. Just take your time to really understand what is the real "max level" for the game warframe.

Nice not help at all, guy. I'm surprised at the amount of douchebags in this community. There were only like 5 people out of this whole post who actually posted helpful S#&$. Calling me a noob does nothing.

He is meant to be an endgame boss, of sorts. 
After all, he is the boss behind two crafting walls and is physically the largest of them all. Even if he does drop a frame that barely escapes mediocrity (Desecrate is broken, most people don't understand how Soul Punch works, Terrify is underpowered etc.)

But DPS caps in general are stupid. My Despair is actually slightly more effective than my Flux because it does almost the same amount of damage, but uses less ammo.