Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wild Derelict Kavats: "Capture." (Please)

kapn655321

The scans for wild Kavat are slow going. ...Each time you scan them, they go aggro (and my sentinel begins to waste them.)

I don't want to kill these cats anymore, thanks.

We're about to have some changes to Pets, yet I feel people who like pets for pet's sake are in an awkward spot; knowing that when you scan the Kavats, there's a low chance you're working towards a new pet, and a high chance you have a dead cat on your conscience.

Have The Business and Master Teasonai work together to figure out a way to USE YOUR TRANQUILIZER on wild Kavat, to obtain a sample of Kavat Genetic Code.

We can be a go-between to get them in communication, and do the legwork to discovering a new method to safely study/preserve these creatures. As it is now, I don't scan wild Kavat for extra code, because that is equal to wishing a grizzly death upon these creatures when they aggro my sentinel. Let's fix that.

Spoiler

** Mentioning here, I'm not having difficulty farming Kavat code.
I would rather farm their code than kill them, however when I scan them they are put in immediate harms way. Instead of putting them in harms way, I do nothing. Because I like these creatures in game, I have to not scan/interact with them in order to interact with them in the most pleasing way. This comes up during Vault runs, ODS, Lephantis, etc. and encountering the Kavats. The code drop rate is pretty unsatisfying as it is. 2 birds, 1 stone. While I no longer need to acquire more Kavat Genetic code, I want to interact with the kitties in a way that doesn't mark them for death. I would much prefer keeping them alive, studying or interacting in some way, and letting them live out their crazy fake lives on the Derelict. My intended non-lethal method of interacting causes them attack, which has a high likelihood of ending in their death.
Seeking a non-lethal alternative to interacting with wild Kavats that doesn't result in companion aggro.

"Oh no, companion! *wince* Not the catsss! >_< Dagnabbit you deadly, deadly, little dethcube.. Sorry tiny kitty buddies! I dun a poor job today."

I would very much appreciate a way to prevent/diffuse this event when it occurs.

I know to avoid the cats entirely to keep them safe so that's my intent. Allies may scan them, or I might bullet jump through an invisible one and set it off by accident. At that time, I already instinctively reach for my tranq rifle in false hope and futility.
Let's put it this way. Raccoons are friggin' adorable, but I'm not gonna try to pet them, because they'd bite and scratch the hell out of me. My Warframe on the other hand... A Warframe is the kind of thing that could survive spontaneously attempting to tame a lion or two in the wild. The ability to withstand multiple wild animal bites with little problem is an asset I'd like to fully explore. ..and I would certainly at least try to pet a raccoon if I could withstand 2000 bites with little concern. If I stumble across a wild angry animal and it attacks, I want to have the choice handy to walk away and let it live. The need to defend yourself is contingent on whether the thing poses any real threat. Wild Kavats are not a real threat, and I regret harming them.. with no way to restore balance to that discomfort.

I want to de-escalate force with the relatively peaceful cat creatures.

What is mean is there's a chance for this oversight leading to an awkward unpleasing experience, that can be resolved with mechanics we have in place elsewhere. In a (of course) very removed way, it's akin to running over an animal. I really don't like that feeling. My being there caused the untimely demise of a thing I liked. I have good agency to prevent this on open worlds.. and companions cooperate. We're lacking this in Derelict for those Kavats. This infrastructure already exists in game, and I feel it's purpose is absolutely called for here in some capacity. I feel bad when I scan them, and Carrier/Helminth/Etc. rains indiscriminate hellfire upon the grumpy neutral cat beast. That's a little much for me taking a picture. Samaris just gave us those Riven Mods for our Sentinel/Moa weapons, too.. They (Kavats) are so absolutely doomed. A well armed Warframe is like a bus with bad breaks.. tiny kitty beasts could never stand a chance. I'd like to reserve a way (that I already have hotkeyed for this very reason) to let them stand a chance. I may be a death machine, but always seek the option to be a relatively benevolent one when I can be.

Side Note: Should Tranq'd animals enter some sort of damage immunity phase? I think so. At least have them drop all aggro if they don't already.

I will admit, I've never hated a Grineer more than when they kill a Plains animal... but I'm more so feeling off-put by my futility in saving that animal, when I was absolutely trying to. While I often play healer, there's still little to nothing than can be done presently to save them. Taking a bullet for a woodland critter, and saving it's life with sci-fi space-magic, and releasing it back to the wild is something that appeals to me. We very nearly have exactly this option, but the execution could use a few touches to rescue and preservation. Tranquilizing Wild Kavat to spare them/turn-off aggro is one of those touches.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, (XB1)SammyCat05 said:

Trade in the tags of Kavat for floofs or genetic code that’s what I would do

My thought is... I'm not sure there's a way we could, "extract," them. At least we could sleep them, hit X to harvest a genetic code sample, and they could go back to being invisible.. maybe go invincible or disappear. We can't exactly send them back to the hub world on a balloon like we usually do with the other animal captures. Tranq them, draw blood, let them return to the, "wild."

low power rhino stomp (or similar) or if you really want to cheese it the Heliocors... and obviously don't take a companion that can kill them. 

Seriously they're not actually that hard to do, the only thing I wish was 'something' to say they were around because their invisibility can be a little hard to see at times.

Edited by LSG501

10 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

low power rhino stomp (or similar) or if you really want to cheese it the Heliocors... and obviously don't take a companion that can kill them. 

Seriously they're not actually that hard to do, the only thing I wish was 'something' to say they were around because their invisibility can be a little hard to see at times.

I'm not saying they're hard to do. This has nothing to do with difficulty.
This has to do with running derelict missions, and having to actively avoid a unit that we're supposed to interact with.

Using a hammer is great advice for the guy saying they don't want to kill them anymore. A+

1 hour ago, kapn655321 said:

My thought is... I'm not sure there's a way we could, "extract," them. At least we could sleep them, hit X to harvest a genetic code sample, and they could go back to being invisible.. maybe go invincible or disappear. We can't exactly send them back to the hub world on a balloon like we usually do with the other animal captures. Tranq them, draw blood, let them return to the, "wild."

So how would we do that stab them in the ribs with the Parazon 

Have us refine this technique from the Osca Kavats and Hyekkas..

Business: "They contain trace DNA from this ancestory. You'll be able to collect Kavat DNA from the Kavats on the plains and Grineer Hyekkas. Bring me their genetic code, and I may be able to make you a device that works against the scaly hide of the Wild Kavats you're after."

Run joint missions between Teasonai and Business to research a method for safely studying the more elusive Wilds, for good DNA drop rates. (1 or 1/2 per Kavat, finally.)
You could get the DNA from derelict scans, still.. But to expedite that process, you work with the naturalists for a better, safer, more efficient solution.

I'd be able to tranq them for new people in the Derelict to safely scan them. No kitties need be harmed.

Edited by kapn655321

1 hour ago, kapn655321 said:

I'm not saying they're hard to do. This has nothing to do with difficulty.
This has to do with running derelict missions, and having to actively avoid a unit that we're supposed to interact with.

Using a hammer is great advice for the guy saying they don't want to kill them anymore. A+

Except your 'idea' is making the entire process more monotonous than it already is....  

Your real issue isn't about killing them, it's about how they become 'aggressive' towards you and then jump around more which in turn makes it harder than it needs to be.... they only do that if you make your life hard and go in with the idea of not killing them, which we need to do anyway if you want their mods.

Just now, LSG501 said:

Except your 'idea' is making the entire process more monotonous than it already is....  

Your real issue isn't about killing them, it's about how they become 'aggressive' towards you and then jump around more which in turn makes it harder than it needs to be.... they only do that if you make your life hard and go in with the idea of not killing them, which we need to do anyway if you want their mods.

If you'd rather hammer smash your cats, go for it.

You don't need to have any widgets to functionally use gear wheel items.

I want this, even if you don't.

2 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

If you'd rather hammer smash your cats, go for it.

You don't need to have any widgets to functionally use gear wheel items.

I want this, even if you don't.

Yeah... lets make an already time consuming process even longer.... but hey if it makes you happy lets go for it...

32 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Yeah... lets make an already time consuming process even longer.... but hey if it makes you happy lets go for it...

It's a tertiary optional feature I would enjoy more.

Sure beats smacking cats with hammers, "because you like them and want them around."

What is the Amount of genetic code or reward that would stop you from rolling your eyes?

Edited by kapn655321

2 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

It's a tertiary optional feature I would enjoy more.

Sure beats smacking cats with hammers, "because you like them and want them around."

What is the Amount of genetic code or reward that would stop you from rolling your eyes?

None in all honesty, I think the change is a bad one.... and this is coming from someone who doesn't even need to farm them anymore....

And that's ignoring the fact that needing a secondary action to get my 'reward' is annoying as anything (I'm looking at you ayatan stars...)

Edited by LSG501

11 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

The scans for wild Kavat are slow going. ...Each time you scan them, they go aggro (and my sentinel begins to waste them.)

I don't want to kill these cats anymore, thanks.

We're about to have some changes to Pets, yet I feel people who like pets for pet's sake are in an awkward spot; knowing that when you scan the Kavats, there's a low chance you're working towards a new pet, and a high chance you have a dead cat on your conscience.

Have The Business and Master Teasonai work together to figure out a way to USE YOUR TRANQUILIZER on wild Kavat, to obtain a sample of Kavat Genetic Code.

I know it seems stupid, but I'm all for this.

I actually go out of my way to get scans and make sure they don't die even after I leave 😢

• Like 1