Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vestan Moss is non-existent (Silver Grove quest is broken)

mintaka5

Went to the Wiki, to find where Vestan Moss is located, and went to all Grineer Asteroids with a Helios and manual scanner. I ran each map several times and not a single map produced any of the moss. Is this bugged or am doing it wrong. I don't mind running difficult missions, but I do not equate difficulty with impossible. Please, stop wasting players time, and make sure that at least one quest item shows up for each map that it is supposed to be on!

On this topic in fact most if not all plants are near impossible to find for the Silver grove mission. I don't understand how this is supposed to work, but if I enter a map with an objective, I'd expect there to be some aspect of that objective available to me. At least once in 20 missions. This mission is an agonizing mystery, and I don't understand how many mission I have to run just to get one plant. For now I am putting this quest line aside, because it's not enjoyable. Really horrible gameplay, to be honest.

Edited by mintaka5

Yeah I've done all of this guys. I've used helios with hopes that it would just auto scan something I missed (not the case). Also I would complete the whole mission, kill everything off, and then wander the entire map manually scanning for even one plant. Nothing! The Wiki has tons of information but nothing useful. If the game is not generating these items, there's really nothing I can do to fix that problem. I hope that DE can look into this and fix, because this Silver Grove mission is not doable for me right now, and I prefer not to waste my time.

On 2020-02-22 at 12:09 PM, mintaka5 said:

I ran each map several times and not a single map produced any of the moss.

If unsure where they are, maybe look at some videos of where Vestian Moss are.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Vestian+Moss+Warframe

Helios with Investigator mod can automatically scan the first few plants, but after that the codex entry will complete and require manual scan using synthesis scanner.

Vestian Moss: Capture and exterminate with Grineer Asteroids almost always have some moss.
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Vestan_Moss

Frostleaf and Luner Pitcher: Each mission have only a random chance for any to show up at all. Fandom wiki shows this as bug.
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Frostleaf
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Lunar_Pitcher

If Vestian Moss not there where shown in most recent videos, maybe use Warframe launcher settings to verify download and try again. Does verify download work?

Edited by sam686

• 2 weeks later...

@sam686 I've actually seen that video, in fact I watched several videos that showed players finding it, but in my case I looked in those same places and nothing was there. I have been working on this mission for quite some time, and have hit a wall with Vestan Moss, the Forst one, and few others. It's not playable for me. I understand why there is a chance for it to appear on the map, but I am well over 40 missions now and not even one of these scannable items have appeared. That's zero chance. Even if one appeared every 5 or so missions, that's a chance, but I am at a point of frustration now, and have avoided the mission entirely.

Oh, and yes I did verify download, and nothing has changed.

Edited by mintaka5

1 hour ago, mintaka5 said:

nothing was there.

Try multiplayer squad, maybe with a friend or someone that can find and mark location of where the Vestian Moss are. If someone in squad can find it, everyone in this squad should be able to see and scan them.

Using Synthesis scanner with plenty of scans or with Sol-Battery Widget? Those are found in Sephalon offerings.

It's funny that you mention that. Most of the time I run solo (most of my friends left the game so I am forced to PUG), and when I do get a group on rare occassion, sometimes more stuff does appear. I guess my hurdle to get over is finding a squad to actually run with.