The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A few time gates need to disappear

TioMegaManX

13 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

They want you to keep coming back every day, praying that the urge to play is greater than the annoyance of all the limits.

But then there is this sensation of not having anything to do which others also call content drought, I am actually stopping daily play sessions because there are already too many time gates, I can't even farm standing to get some Simaris mods and other stuff.

22 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

But then there is this sensation of not having anything to do which others also call content drought, I am actually stopping daily play sessions because there are already too many time gates, I can't even farm standing to get some Simaris mods and other stuff.

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't disagree with you or anything. But I'm pretty sure that's the thought behind it all. Perhaps their declining numbers will spark some change. Time will tell.

I'm curious, does the daily hunt act like the Syndicate stuff? Where the actual synthesis counts towards the cap, but the reward for the actual daily can count beyond it?

In other syndicates there's always a way to bypass the cap. With Focus it's the Eidolon Shards, with Syndicates it's the actual Syndicate missions and their little pickups, maybe with Symaris a regular capture counts towards the cap, but the mission one he gives you daily counts beyond it.

If that were the case, then that would be why you only get one per day.

yes, standings having limits too, for a year now im rank 4 fortuna, not because its hard. Fortuna is just boring and when i do decide to go rank up i reach max daily cap and then tell myself “i gotta do it tomorrow”. and the idea of that becoming a chore just doesn’t seems worth it so i just stopped trying all together. Most of the parts of this game I avoid are parts like that. Rather than tending to them as a chore i just go at em when i feel like it, which looking back now, is never

I'll do you one better - why does Simaris' daily require me to go talk to him once it's done? The completion reward is meaningless anyway - why can't I get that immediately upon completing the mission? Why can't I get another Synthesis target at the next Daily reset without having to go speak with him? I mean, sure - let me still go to Simaris, to cancel a daily if for whatever reason I can't find the enemy I'm supposed to scan, but why not automate his missions a little?

And before you call me "entitled" - turning in a Simaris mission involves going to a Relay, which involves breaking up my squad at least temporarily, not to mention people sitting on their hands waiting for me. You don't have to go visit Steel Meridian once you're done with your three Syndicate missions for them, after all. You just automatically get new ones on the other daily reset. Why can't Simaris work the same way?

1 hour ago, Redfeather75 said:

I have no idea what you are on about.

With other syndicates you can use the special sigils and earn standing by simply playing the game, not with Simaris, is either actively scanning stuff or doing his missions from which 90% are finite and the rest are locked behind a time wall.