Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Cant Sentinel Weapons And Weapons Share Mods?

yarash2110

It causes the same problem as guns not being able to share mods, everytime you want to use a gun you got to take off all of your mods and put in on the weapon, and its annoying

Now i know thats not it, its so you wont be able to put your best mods on sentinels and primerys the same time and play with both, but in my opinion its not making the game more difficult just more grindy and annoying, lets say i finally got multishot after ages of trying, now i need to farm another one just for my sentinel, same with high level serration, in my opinion sentinels aren't death machines above your head, they are just helping abit, killing one or two enemies and they shouldent take that much effort to make them great,

This problem dosen't effect me as i only use my sentinel guns for cc with ice stun and fire rate mods, but im sure that people want a sentinel that actually helps don't like how this works,

Please upvote if you agree and id you dont explain, thanks for reading

The issue is that if, say, you have your deth rifle equipped on your sentinel, and your soma equipped in hand, and they are somehow using the SAME MODS in two separate locations (sentinel, warframe primary) in active gamespace.

The "mod sharing" was meant as a workaround to having to pull and place mods when switching gear (from when you couldn't "share" any mods) not to magically place mods in two active weapons at the same time.

The issue is that if, say, you have your deth rifle equipped on your sentinel, and your soma equipped in hand, and they are somehow using the SAME MODS in two separate locations (sentinel, warframe primary) in active gamespace.

The "mod sharing" was meant as a workaround to having to pull and place mods when switching gear (from when you couldn't "share" any mods) not to magically place mods in two active weapons at the same time.

because in warframe we care about sense soooo much, but even tho what you are saying makes sense you got to admit it is annoying and not adding to the difficulty, mainly to the grindiness (new word by: me)

leveling another set is easy, fusion cores drop like crazy, in one day I had a serration up to rank 10 just from playing mobile defense missions about 6 times. 

Find the mods, lvl them one at a time. As far as bane mods good luck, I'm not sure whether or not i'll ever find a second bane of infested. 

btw pistol mods can be used with sentinels as well for some odd reason so just need to find shotgun and rifle...

EDIT: The fact someone has a forum badge doesn't mean much in game, you honestly believe we just spent all our plat on mod packs so now we must have everything????

Edited by Veidgrim

because in warframe we care about sense soooo much, but even tho what you are saying makes sense you got to admit it is annoying and not adding to the difficulty, mainly to the grindiness (new word by: me)

Considering I played extensivly before the saved mod sets option was implemented, and had to manually switch out mods. I appreciate the convenience of not having to reconfigure mods when I switch weapons and understand that having the same mod in play on two different, active weapons, can cause some issues.

If you want to have your top level mods all out at the same time, use a sentinel weapon that doesnt conflict with your primary.

EXAMPLE:

Sentinel: Sweeper(SHOTGUN)

Primary: Soma(RIFLE)

Secondary: Lex(PISTOL)

This set up would allow you to use your top mods in all three areas. A decent workaround until you manage to get duplicates of the mods you want.

Considering I played extensivly before the saved mod sets option was implemented, and had to manually switch out mods. I appreciate the convenience of not having to reconfigure mods when I switch weapons and understand that having the same mod in play on two different, active weapons, can cause some issues.

If you want to have your top level mods all out at the same time, use a sentinel weapon that doesnt conflict with your primary.

EXAMPLE:

This set up would allow you to use your top mods in all three areas. A decent workaround until you manage to get duplicates of the mods you want.

thats kind of the problem, being forced to play with a sentinel weapon/ weapon you done

Like, as i said this problem does not effect me, for a few reasons, i use shotguns and on my sentinel i use death machine rifle, and also i use cc mods only, stun fire rate and ice. But im sure this problem effects other players

EXAMPLE:

thats what i do. my primary is a rifle, my sent uses sweeper ( shotgun ) so  I'm good at this point in time.

BS. It takes almost 400-450 cores just to go from 9-10.

but he is right, in one day you can get serration to max, one day, 12 hours, sure, if you have no life or stomach or school or job, but who needs those when we can get 1000 cores to get serration to max?

This is probably not going to change. Yes it may take forever to get a second set just for your sentinal but its not impossible.

its also not impossible to make mk1 braton amazing, but it will take 8 formas, it took me about 200 hours to get my first multishot, getting another? Maybe at rank 20 sure

its also not impossible to make mk1 braton amazing, but it will take 8 formas, it took me about 200 hours to get my first multishot, getting another? Maybe at rank 20 sure

I've responded to you twice, with constructive and helpful (with examples) responses. At this point, I would think that if you spent as much time playing the game as you did complaining on the forums, you'd have every mod in the game 3 times over already.

That was the criticism, here's something constuctive.

The Devs have stated there will be (mod) trading within clans. (As of the last few livestreams), so make some friends, in a clan, and use a little patience.

Good Hunting, Tenno.

because you cant have one thing equiped on two different items that are being used at the same time.

think of it logically;

I have 1 collar. I put it on my dog. but I want to wear the collar at the same time.

if both me and the dog are present in the same room at any given time we both cant be wearing the same collar. however if I dont bring the dog with me I can wear the collar.

(okay its a wierd scenario that doesnt really make any sense <unless you are into collars> but its just to help give context)

while I agree it can be annoying to get two of the same mods sometimes (barrel diffusion and other rare mods) its just how it is. frankly I dont use my sentinal's as damage dealers, I mainly just throw on some freeze damage and let them slow down enemies that are nearby. when you get to the higher level enemies they dont really do any damage anyway

Edited by Fartbake

because you cant have one thing equiped on two different items that are being used at the same time.

think of it logically;

I have 1 collar. I put it on my dog. but I want to wear the collar at the same time.

if both me and the dog are present in the same room at any given time we both cant be wearing the same collar. however if I dont bring the dog with me I can wear the collar.

(okay its a wierd scenario that doesnt really make any sense <unless you are into collars> but its just to help give context)

while I agree it can be annoying to get two of the same mods sometimes (barrel diffusion and other rare mods) its just how it is. frankly I dont use my sentinal's as damage dealers, I mainly just throw on some freeze damage and let them slow down enemies that are nearby. when you get to the higher level enemies they dont really do any damage anyway

For some reason i can only say lols to this.

thats kind of the problem, being forced to play with a sentinel weapon/ weapon you done

Like, as i said this problem does not effect me, for a few reasons, i use shotguns and on my sentinel i use death machine rifle, and also i use cc mods only, stun fire rate and ice. But im sure this problem effects other players

No worries, I kept 2 sets of max shotgun mods.

Except blaze lolwut.