Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Is Like De's Neglected Child.

lronPatriot

I like Volt, and I put a Forma on him recently, adding a D polarity for Redirection mod.

But I agree entirely, and had also made a topic about him with my suggestions:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/112766-serious-issues-with-volt/

Also notice that Electric Shield limits weapon range:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/112282-volts-shield-limits-sniper-range/

Yesterday I tried to snipe with the Burston through the shield, at the Corpus hangar, and was not possible to damage anything beyond that range. Its not only the dam map thats affected, anyone trying to shoot at longe distances will have this problem.

But I still like him, he is good for survival missions because of Speed, which is extremely useful when the pods are very distant from each other. Also you can combo his shield with Flux and Ignis.

Edited by Wolfstorm18

He's my favorite frame aestheticly. Other than rushing he blows chunks.

Fabulous!

volt_zps181f187f.jpg

HA amazing picture. 

I really hope they give this guy a look ASAP. I would love to be able to have a reason to use him for t3....I mean sure, you CAN use him...but I should really just use my frost prime. 

Gotta say I agree, Overload is the biggest disappointment of all, The complete lack of invulnerability is bad enough but when you see the sort of damage output on top of it it's like adding insult to injury, Volt needs some kind of boost, he is a really fun frame, he is just too easily out classed.

Sorry, I do. I've been playing this since open beta started, and used Volt for half of it. His armour IS just as good as Frosts. That i've tested.

Yes you can hack away at a Level 110 melee, its perfectly easy to do.

Volt CAN kill things on T3 keys, as I said, in the VOID! Stick Focus and stretch and there you have it.

Yes DE did lie to us, or they didn't think his powers out correctly. He NEEDS gunplay to make his powers good.

I recommend you pursue a carrer in comedy

Edited by BoompigXD

I recommend you pursue a carrer in comedy

And then immediately seek the nearest street and suntan in it.

But joking aside,Volt is nothing like this guy says. I don't even think this guy uses Volt at all.

Edited by Solaurus

Maybe if this thread gets enough momentum we will get Volt Prime and Scott will finally acknowledge his existence.

Aknowledge Volt's existence? 

Volt is the stalker confirmed!

And Volt can totally kill things in T3 void with Overload! The shield drones.  

Aknowledge Volt's existence? 

Volt is the stalker confirmed!

And Volt can totally kill things in T3 void with Overload! The shield drones.  

then why did he wears armor Excalibur?

On the topic, Volt described as similar firearms, then why can't he constantly hit by lightning?

Gotta say I agree, Overload is the biggest disappointment of all, The complete lack of invulnerability is bad enough but when you see the sort of damage output on top of it it's like adding insult to injury, Volt needs some kind of boost, he is a really fun frame, he is just too easily out classed.

Yep.

Started playing the little guy today. Things that did immediately pass through my head:

-Shock should indeed do a bit (perhaps a lot? I play as a Nekros regularly, Soul Punch just shames this) more damage.

-Speed... shouldn't be an ability. He's the personification of lightning, he should have a higher speed by default.

-Can't talk about Shield yet.

-Overload should work more like Frost's Avalanche. Supercharge of electricity that is unleashed as in an explosion (Volt undamaged, of course).

I mean, ever been struck by lightning? No? I do never wish that to anyone, but good lord! One would assume such a powerful force would be better represented.

Volt seriously needs a buff I agree, the fact that all of his powers that deal damage only deal electrical damage (which I think is probably the most resisted, Corpus aside) is really a disadvantage.

Mind you, I do not want his abilities changed entirely, but all of them could use some additions.

Shock could use more damage and/or perhaps throw physics impact into the mix (I will admit I really don't know what to do with this one).

Speed is great as it is now, but maybe it could use something like a damage reduction that is specifically applied while moving. Also since the trail now lasts the entire duration the FoV can go, or make it a toggle to those who don't want it.

Shield could use something like a short range electrify on cast, and will also electrify enemies who get too close to it.

Overload is tricky, but aside from more damage the biggest issue lies on Volt himself, so maybe it could give him a protective barrier that will massively reduce damage and make up for his inmovile suspension, and maybe a less powerful one for teammates within the power's radius. Of course these barriers' duration would be tied to the entire Overload power itself.

I'm not the one to ask for balance changes, but I love Volt and I know he needs to be better. So just throwing my 2 cents here.

For anything outside of the Overloads range that isn't being stunned, as you arn't invincible. It doesn't have a huge range, so its best used in smaller corridors. Thats why a combination of stretch and focus is great for overload.

Stahp giving people misleading info please!!!! Overload is crap, don't tell people to build their Volt around increasing skill damage and range. Volt should be mod with Power duration/range with tankiness. Seriously, you only play Volt in level 20-30 zones or what?

I see what you did there