Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Soma Is Ridiculously Op.

Lachryphage

I have a Hek.

It requires rank 4.

It one-shots anything that isn't a heavy/ancient.

It has to reload every 4 shots.

For heavies/ancients it usually needs to reload mid-fight. 

It only works at close range.

I also have a Soma.

It requires rank 3.

It kills so fast it might as well be one-shotting things.

It needs to be reloaded only after everything in the room is dead.

It doesn't need to reload to kill a heavy/ancient and in fact still has enough bullets left to kill a couple of normal enemies too without taking my finger off the trigger. 

It works just fine at long range.

What's wrong with this picture?

Edited by Lachryphage

It's not OP. It's a new standard.

Then are the other weapons getting buffed to this new standard? At the moment a Soma is basically a full auto Hek that works at long range and doesn't have to reload constantly. And the Hek is the only thing I have which has damage that's even close to comparable.

Edited by Lachryphage

strun wraith is better than hek. :D

It's also an event item from before I started playing. :(

Hek is out-dated but you're comparing a machine-gun to a shotgun, so that's what wrong.

What would you like me to compare it to? The shotgun is the only thing I own that can kill things at a comparable speed, albeit at short range and having to reload constantly.

Edited by Lachryphage

It's also an event item from before I started playing. :(

What would you like me to compare it to? The shotgun is the only thing I own that can kill things at a comparable speed, albeit at short range and having to reload constantly.

use the sobek then. imo i feel its better modded right.

I had

Did you ever see the post where the soma has more AP only dps than the flux rifle has base dps + AP dps?

Look, I had soma and it was cool and stuff but very inefficient against lvl 70+ mobs. It wasted ammo too fast especially on OT, and didn't deal enough dmg for my needs (i had 140% serration as i remember on it) i've sold it cause i have better stuff.

Edited by CyklonDX

I had

Look, I had some and it was cool and stuff but very inefficient against lvl 70+ mobs. It wasted ammo too fast especially on OT, and didn't deal enough dmg for my needs (i had 140% serration as i remember on it) i've sold it cause i have better stuff.

You must have had it modded horribly.

;) not very; Max citic chance, max critic dmg and most of serration i have. Then firerate maxed mod and Shred maxed; and it sucked corpus thin can &#!.

@edit

armor penetration maxed as well.

Edited by CyklonDX

Then are the other weapons getting buffed to this new standard? At the moment a Soma is basically a full auto Hek that works at long range and doesn't have to reload constantly. And the Hek is the only thing I have which has damage that's even close to comparable.

Eventually yes. After Armor 2.0 they're going to look at all the weapons to see exactly how deficient they all are. Then they'll buff those weapons according to the tier that those weapons belong in. 

Hek is long gone, my friend. Sobek has taken its place, seeing as you didn't obtain a Strun Wraith, which is way better. But since you don't own anything besides a shotgun and a machine-gun, then get something comparable.

Soma is quite OP. I consider it to do OP because of how much ridiculously better it is that the Grakata.

The Soma has a base crit damage of 3.0x, while the Grakata has 2.0x.

The Soma has a base crit chance of 35%, while the Grakata gets less than half of that, at 15%. (This is the really ridiculous stat.)

The Soma has one higher base damage than the Grakata (10 vs. 9) and base damage is a very important factor in dps. 

The Soma has a larger magazine (100 rounds vs. 60), and almost the same reload speed (3.0 seconds vs. 2.4)

They seem to be about the same accuracy (Soma might be a bit better), but the Grakata has much higher recoil. 

The Grakata does win with Firerate though, maxing out at 20.0 with no wind-up, with Soma @ 15.0 including a short wind-up. 

So then in conclusion, it is a direct and very significant upgrade over Grakata in all area's except for fire-rate. I don't like this sort of things, and it's nowhere near DE's statement that they would like all loadouts to be viable. The Grakata is currently not viable as a competitor to the Soma in any fashion. The Soma wins in every comparison and to add insult to injury comes with two V polarities, which give it a higher base mod capacity. 

Now, don't take this as a rage about the Soma, or think that I'm butthurt about the Grakata. I'm really just disappointed with the current state of the Grakata and the Soma. I think they need to be much closer to each other in their stats, rather than one being a direct and massive upgrade. I'd rather each rifle had its own strengths. 

;) not very; Max citic chance, max critic dmg and most of serration i have. Then firerate maxed mod and Shred maxed; and it sucked corpus thin can &#!.

@edit

armor penetration maxed as well.

At this point you're just trolling. Good day sir.

Edited by Curzyfish

Hek is long gone, my friend. Sobek has taken its place, seeing as you didn't obtain a Strun Wraith, which is way better. But since you don't own anything besides a shotgun and a machine-gun, then get something comparable.

When did I say those were all I had? I said a shotgun is the only thing I had with comparable damage. I have lots of stuff, just not anything that can keep up with a gun that almost always crits and has insane crit damage.

Edited by Lachryphage

If I remember correctly, I think DE said on a livestream that the Soma was going to be a mastery rank 7-8 or something. Which it should be, Galatine should be high mastery required to.

What happens if I'm not high enough rank yet? Will I lose it? When are they changing it?

When did I say those were all I had? I said a shotgun is the only thing I had with comparable damage. I have lots of stuff, just not anything that can keep up with a gun that almost always crits and has insane crit damage.

And you compared it to the Hek... with 2.5% chance of dealing a crit of 150% damage.

At this point you're just trolling. Good day sir.

No i am not. Soma is so ammo hungry its big trouble to keep shooting when You can shoot just about whole mag of bullets in less than 5sec.

Dera is much more worthy - because it has 100% accuracy, its worth polarizing and keeping.

Edited by CyklonDX

No i am not. Soma is so ammo hungry its big trouble to keep shooting when You can shoot just about whole mag of bullets in less than 5sec.

Dera is much more worthy - because it has 100% accuracy, its worth polarizing and keeping.

Yes, the Soma does consume ammo extremely fast. This can be a major concern for someone who didn't get the ammo mutation mod for rifles. 

Still, most of the high DPS weapons have this problem.

It's the big crit multiplier that allows you to boost your AP damage as high as possible that makes the Soma stand out. The Dera is a great gun at medium levels, but it becomes nearly useless against level 100+ high armor. Dera works for T3 exterminate, but it falls well short in T3 defense.