The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream: 140 Overview

53 minutes ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

Yup. I often think that a theme park or elementary school sports day is a good analog for these types of games.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilOnlyHasToWinOnce

Having linked that, I'm not 100% convinced it applies to this event, or at least any further events. Bear in mind the stated goal (as we see in Devstream 139) of the event is to basically brain-damage Erra so he's not a threat, and it's a bit... weird to functionally kill off a villain so quickly after they're introduced. Plus, considering the idea that the New War is a series of events and happenings rather than a lump sum of stuff, that opens up the possibility for us to lose events over the course of the whole story.

If DE already has the outcome of the event written, that can be that we can't stop Erra.

4 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Hope there's a rework for Hydroid coming with that deluxe skin, otherwise no one except the two Hydroid mains will be buying it.

hydroid had a rework and his puddle does scale damage , i mean he is tanky and able to aoe. not sure what youd need to improve as i ran him for a while after the rework. also has some kit synergy iirc

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

hydroid had a rework and his puddle does scale damage , i mean he is tanky and able to aoe. not sure what youd need to improve as i ran him for a while after the rework. also has some kit synergy iirc

That cynically timed hotfix was not a rework. All it did was make Hydroids kit revolve around his puddle. It didn't solve any of his core issues, which is that his powers are incredibly boring, clunky, heavily RNG based and reliant on the environment as well as enemy AI. He's basically inferior to every other frame in the game. His farming augment is the only thing that stops him from being completely unused.

Hydroid especially is not tanky. He just sits in his puddle avoiding damage while being able to do nothing else.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

That cynically timed hotfix was not a rework. All it did was make Hydroids kit revolve around his puddle. It didn't solve any of his core issues, which is that his powers are incredibly boring, clunky, heavily RNG based and reliant on the environment as well as enemy AI. He's basically inferior to every other frame in the game. His farming augment is the only thing that stops him from being completely unused.

Hydroid especially is not tanky. He just sits in his puddle avoiding damage while being able to do nothing else.

honestly dosnt sound like the frame , but then again its wielder and all that. I know i do make weird builds, could just be difference in tactics.? 

anyway  he is getting a deluxe soon so maybe youll get your desired rework with it, as thats been a trend 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

honestly dosnt sound like the frame , but then again its wielder and all that.

No. The “you’re a bad player” has long since be debunked and is not a valid defence for obvious badly designed features.

Hydroid is one of the least used frames in the game and the opinion that he is in dire need of a rework is shared by the majority of the community.

1 hour ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

No. The “you’re a bad player” has long since be debunked and is not a valid defence for obvious badly designed features.

Hydroid is one of the least used frames in the game and the opinion that he is in dire need of a rework is shared by the majority of the community.

didnt say anything about a bad player ...? all i said was wielder and all that, as some people can make the most with something that is meh to others, not all people could make oberon work before his later rework, so take it that way, wouldnt read more then is actually stated, if i meant dont be a bad hydroid id have said that. im a blunt kind of person

"majority of the community"  .given i hear more rework requests for nyx in the last 2+ years then anything thats a way over exaggerated statement. Plenty of other frames are low use frames,  it can be a popular topic to some , but that dosnt mean 4 million + players are crying for it . There is a distinction to what was implied by that and in a logical  talk that style of false inflation tactic is bad and reflects poorly. ( if you get a chance try looking into jacob needlemans argument tactics)

overall you can think what you will , i cant change your mind, and i hope he gets a rework that will satisfy you. I can use him and if he getts better then ill have an improved frame  for use. 

kind of done with this regardless as its not part of the actual devstream at all

• Like 1