Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lich Missions shouldn't be optional

gabuchan

In my opinion, the fact that you can avoid Lich missions completely by selecting the regular mission instead is a mistake. Lich thralls and the Lich should have a chance to spawn on your missions so long as you're on a planet they control. Assassination attempts from the Stalker and angry syndicates aren't optional, and I feel the Lich system should operate in the same way. It would definitely make the whole thing feel more seamless and organic.

• Like 2

I agree, they shouldn't be optional but you also open up other issues if they are not....not going to go into those issues much though.  I like that you can choose whether or not to make a lich, and I like that you can choose the elemental type, I don't like that it's outside of the normal mission routine but I think keeping Lich specific missions as an option is good in case you want to focus on lichs only (or as the only way to take back control of a node).  I propose 2 changes to try to incorporate Lich into normal missions.

1) Thralls are free to spawn in on normal missions on the planet/location/node under control by the lich but in fewer numbers/frequency (passively gain murmurs as you normally play), completing the mission node does not take control back from the lich.

2) Lich CAN spawn in on normal missions if certain criteria are met: Sufficient rage/annoyance factor to make it come after you, ALL frames in the mission are at rank 30 and have 1 rank 30 weapon equipped, all players have Sorties unlocked, and excluded from Defense, Sortie, Arbies, Onslaught, Fissures, and Defection missions.  -this would help prevent a level 4 or 5 lich dropping in on newbies or people just trying to level weapons/frames.

• Like 1