Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Theory

gaurdianaq

inb4whatstalker

So I was just thinking, what if the stalker isn't necessarily evil, but a good guy with his own agenda separate from that of the lotus. And him killing us for the murder of other bosses is just a cover story for the fact that he's actually testing us to see if we're worthy of joining his cause.

What if they eventually add it where if you survive in X amount of stalker encounters it unlocks new missions related to the stalker where you eventually get the option to side with the stalker.

Man this one time when the lights flickered, all of us huddled together with our guns raised. The guy who was being stalked ran around in circles to make Stalker appear. When he did, we jumped on his head and showed him. After tying him up, I pulled off his helmet, only to find another helmet underneath it. Derf Anyo was the man behind the mask. "And I would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling kids!" he said. As we looked at each other with eyebrows raised, some retard Corpus crewman busted the window and our prisoner went spinning out into space. "No one would ever believe youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!" were his last words as we watched him sail off into orbit.

Uhhhhhh I like how the Stalker is at the moment. Making a mission involve him sounds like it'll be ruining his elusiveness imo.

Man this one time when the lights flickered, all of us huddled together with our guns raised. The guy who was being stalked ran around in circles to make Stalker appear. When he did, we jumped on his head and showed him. After tying him up, I pulled off his helmet, only to find another helmet underneath it. Derf Anyo was the man behind the mask. "And I would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling kids!" he said. As we looked at each other with eyebrows raised, some retard Corpus crewman busted the window and our prisoner went spinning out into space. "No one would ever believe youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!" were his last words as we watched him sail off into orbit.

Uhhhhhh I like how the Stalker is at the moment. Making a mission involve him sounds like it'll be ruining his elusiveness imo.

That was a good read... I still think it would be neat to find out some stuff about him

Personally I believe that the Stalker belongs to a renegade Tenno faction concerned with balance in the galaxy, a faction which doesn't want anyone getting more powerful. That is why he goes after you when you kill important people on the enemy side; perhaps he also does so when he feels that a certain Grineer is getting too powerful as well.

Or he is just a #$&(%.

To me, the Stalker is a corrupted warframe captured by some evil faction and used for hunting other awakened warframes. Which faction did it? Maybe Grineers, maybe Corpus, maybe something unknown.

From what you could see in the tutorial mission, Vor and his Grineer troops were looking for warframes. Stalker was probably one of those they caught somewhere else or maybe it was there, since you can see broken cryo pods around.

But only Digital Extremes can answer this question.

Edited by RextintorZ

I dunno 'bout that, mate...

a. Wouldn't he look more Prime-like if that was the case? All other enemies seem to take on that appearance. His distinct appearance suggests something else...

b. Warframes seems otherwise immune to the neural sentry defense.

inb4whatstalker

So I was just thinking, what if the stalker isn't necessarily evil, but a good guy with his own agenda separate from that of the lotus. And him killing us for the murder of other bosses is just a cover story for the fact that he's actually testing us to see if we're worthy of joining his cause.

What if they eventually add it where if you survive in X amount of stalker encounters it unlocks new missions related to the stalker where you eventually get the option to side with the stalker.

I'm actually  working on a fan fiction about the stalker and the shadow tenno. In my eyes, he not evil, at least, not any more evil than the tenno are.