Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Statuettes/action-Figures.

redregon

I'm a collector (not the "keep it in the package" kind, more the "stand them up around my desk for inspiration" kind.)

And I'm not sure how easy this would be done but something that i have noticed is that the designs for the warframes would look absolultely stellar as either pose-able action figures or statuettes on my desk.

Given the rise of 3d printing, you'd think it'd be a simple thing of posing a frame in high-res and sending it to the printers for mass-production and then having it painted (or blank for those of us that would like to paint our own.)

I can imagine you could get some really snazzy effects too if you wanted to incorporate some clear plastic in a sort of fibre-optic kind of effect for the glowey bits on the frame.

... I wasn't sure where to put this as it wouldn't have been art that i would have made (though that might be a good excuse to break out the sculpey since i do have a brick of it that hasn't seen action in a year or so.)

So, to anyone seeing this... If there was one available of your favourite frame and it was reasonably priced, would you get one (or two, three, more?)

Edited by redregon

I would certainly buy one or two, an Excalibur and a Nyx. Maybe even an Excalibur Prime.

It'd have to be a worthy investment for DE to ever consider it, there would have to be a lot of people willing to purchase some.

Quite true, especially if it has articulation like an action figure.

There are a lot of marketing opportunities for sure but whether it's an idea that they wanted to pursue would be up to them. (I can see a comic-book being made as well... The world does seem ripe for it but it'd have to be very well written and given that i think that the only ones that have identifiable human faces are Lotus and the Grineer, that might make it harder for a reader to become emotionally attached.)

My guess is you will find such things only on Etsy or something, nothing officially from DE. Someone crafty with figurines could make miniatures out of plastic perhaps, that you can paint yourself like warhammer models. i'd probably buy one or two. love to paint them.

Yeah, I could turn some Space marines into grinner easily. [ Gets out greenstuff]

And maybe a few eldar conversions for the tenno?

Yeah, the more a think about it, the cooler this sounds, will have to wait until I have the money though. Sigh.

Bennyworld

Yeah, I could turn some Space marines into grinner easily. [ Gets out greenstuff]

And maybe a few eldar conversions for the tenno?

Yeah, the more a think about it, the cooler this sounds, will have to wait until I have the money though. Sigh.

Bennyworld

heh, are you going to edit some Tau models together for Corpus engies, Moas and Ospreys, too?

If we could buy them and customize the colors (online, while ordering) to fit our actual warframes' looks... oh hell yes

Awesome!

That would be really cool - but, I'd prefer them to work on the game more, before branching out on the merchandise side of things.

Bennyworld

Pretty sure that no one that is actually working on the game would be taken off their job to do this.

This is just part of the marketing department, if they have one.