Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

pets

Sharkgoblin

i noticed smeeta replaced carrier prime on my most used equipment bar and i thought

what de does when a lot of people use only one thing? NERF can be unreasonable can be reasonable it always happens

now if you want some real insight on why me and many many people use smeeta over other pets is simple:

good utility

good defensive abilities (mischief + tek assault + pack leader)

i have the vast majority of pets fully decked i even have 2 helminths 1 with a regular build one with a build supposed to be used with the full strain set (because apparently i forgot that i could use config b to make a strain set build)

but if the creature decides to stand still while enemies shoot or get stuck on a tile and gets downed over and over its natural that im gonna equip smeeta over anything else coz i want to play the game not revive the pet every 30 seconds and im not going to play inaros, nidus, grendel every mission so the pet can have insane def stats and not die

on my moa i run: stasis field, whiplash mine, link shield, link armor, link health, medi pet kit, primed animal instinct, cryotra with more than 100% to apply a lot of cold procs to slow nearby enemies and the result is: sometimes the moa dies over and over and over that i give up and  just stop reviving it and tell teammates to not bother reviving the damn thing

about sentinels

what is this thing about sentinels simply exploding after receiving too much damage i can use primed regen but after a certain point the helios is simply gonna explode till end of mission, for example people tells newbies to not equip weapon sentinels on sentinels because if an enemy get shot by a sweeper/laser rifle/stinger/whatever then the enemy will focus the sentinel and the sentinel after 3 revives with p regen is done. why cant we revive sentinels.

in short: pets need better defensive precepts

if i can run a lvl 100 maybe a little more mission where i need to revive my moa 1-2  times rather than seeing it going in bleedout over and over and over being an obstacle rather than being useful then i'm going to swap companion more often

just get rid of that process that consist in: put cat in statis, select othe pet, retrieve pet from statis, then finally equip pet recently retrieved from statis

being able to swap pets easily like i can with moas/sentinels would make me consider more often to swap from smeeta to helminth or chesa etc.

loyalty bar and dna integrity bar needs to go, no seriously it needs to go.

about the charm precept: its good utility but it doesnt break the game in any way, so making the mod worse would simply make a lot of people disappointed

some precepts from other pets could use a buff tbh like retrieve  could be 50-60% chance to get more loot rathen than 45%

adarza crit buff should last longer by default

etc.

im gonna wake up my chesa for a walk.

IMHO the biggest issue facing Companions at the moment is the less than stellar user interface experience involved in switching them out. Even if they radically changed every Companion in the game to be equally desirable people would stick with their top pick because swippity swapping them is too much of a PITA. 

DE has said that they are planning on removing the Stasis system, unfortunately that at this point feels like years ago and has been at least two mainlines, a few expansions, the orbiter rework and the big QoL patch.... still no sign of Stasis going anywhere. 

When and if Stasis does finally get removed I think you'll see diversity kick up a bit even without significant changes to existing Companions. I know I'm looking forward on using my Hurras with my Titania because it has better stealth mechanics than Shade. But hecc it if I'm going to go through three+ extra menus every time I want to switch between my two most played frames. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

IMHO the biggest issue facing Companions at the moment is the less than stellar user interface experience involved in switching them out. Even if they radically changed every Companion in the game to be equally desirable people would stick with their top pick because swippity swapping them is too much of a PITA. 

Indeed, i usually end up finding out i do not have a pet equipped cause i had to swap out smeeta for that kubrow with the howl ability for a real DPS a few times or when i needed Adarza for certain content and alot of my warframes had to get a pet re-equipped cause of that.

DE has said that they are planning on removing the Stasis system, unfortunately that at this point feels like years ago and has been at least two mainlines, a few expansions, the orbiter rework and the big QoL patch.... still no sign of Stasis going anywhere. 

Honestly its another sign of them being to lazy on a simple fix, removing alot of the pet functionality inside the ship(gene decay, petting, stasis, etc.), which they could just treat pets as sentinels with a little bit of copy/paste coding for the most part amongst a few minor tweaks.

Oh, on that frocking same note, WHEN PET CLAW/FANG BENCH SO KAVATS/KUBROWS GOT TWO MODDING BENCHES D.E.!?!

When and if Stasis does finally get removed I think you'll see diversity kick up a bit even without significant changes to existing Companions. I know I'm looking forward on using my Hurras with my Titania because it has better stealth mechanics than Shade. But hecc it if I'm going to go through three+ extra menus every time I want to switch between my two most played frames. 

More then likely its going to be still downsized to Carrier for standard loot bot and infinite ammo. Helios for those cheating the set mods for melee abuse, smeetas cause all the effects charm brings will out-rank the +60% fixed crit bonus Adarza churns out which only has function when you are not using a sentinel with 3 vigilante mods on it and the 4th & 5th on your warframe exilus slot & primary exilus slot for basically a 1 in 4or5 to chance of getting your crit to double crit up and its likely only the best kubrow who can abuse the MECHA set beyond that.

Its honestly just perferences for people once you get past all the mechanical reasons to use X pet over the other. But honestly a whole lot of precepts need to get buffed for pets and should just be INNATE instead of requiring a precept mod for them specifically, especially to open up more room, just as sentinels should not need a assault mode mod and we could just do a toggle command to decide if we want the sentinel to shoot first, shoot in retaliation of us getting attacked or not get attacked at all.

Oh lets not even get started on the fact that the durability of pets is so garbo on content past 60 or things like eidolons, that i feel like they need innate health regen & a passive D.R. bonus since animals need link stats with high health & armor or shields to last a while and the copy/pasta from vitality/redirection, specifically for sentinels, do not do much either. I still would not mind getting a new precept which causes pets to be unable to attack (namely for sentinels who cant do any decent damage to begin with) but cant be killed or just straight up get 50~90% D.R. from all damage sources they would take.

Edited by Avienas
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

I keep hoping that DE will implement mechapets, not the little top hat with legs, but like the quadruped animal like mechs that you see exploring the frozen wastelands around Fortuna. 

I want one of those little green spiders from 4tuna as pet