Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Navigation Needs to be Locked.

I'm getting tired of being dragged into missions I'm not ready for by randoms that join in. I think that Navigation should be locked so that only the Railjack owner can select where to go next. Please make this happen because I'm all for playing with the party being open, but it really hurts when trolls or inexperienced player join and waste a bunch of your time pressing buttons. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero
  • Like 2

And allow one person to dictate to all others when a mission is done, which is the next mission, etc?  NTY.

Maybe a better solution is to allow a voting screen like when selecting a mission from the orbiter.  Those who vote to go on will move to the next mission.  If none of them are the captain (owner of the RJ) then those players will be placed on another open squad.  If there isn't an open squad they can be placed back on their orbiters.

Edit:  Remember that recruiting chat exists as well.  If you want to dictate orders to others, you can find a crew through recruit chat that will agree to listen to the "captain" of the ship.

Edited by (XB1)R3d P01nt
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

And allow one person to dictate to all others when a mission is done, which is the next mission, etc?  NTY.

Maybe a better solution is to allow a voting screen like when selecting a mission from the orbiter.  Those who vote to go on will move to the next mission.  If none of them are the captain (owner of the RJ) then those players will be placed on another open squad.  If there isn't an open squad they can be placed back on their orbiters.

Edit:  Remember that recruiting chat exists as well.  If you want to dictate orders to others, you can find a crew through recruit chat that will agree to listen to the "captain" of the ship.

There's always the option to get out of my ship if you don't like it, but if you want to be polite and message a suggestion I would take it into consideration. 

9 hours ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

There's always the option to get out of my ship if you don't like it, but if you want to be polite and message a suggestion I would take it into consideration. 

And you always have the option to not go public.  Use recruiting chat if you want a team that suits your specific needs.

4 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

And you always have the option to not go public.  Use recruiting chat if you want a team that suits your specific needs.

Public for railjack is not on option if you want to do a mission in less than an hour, and recruiting chat is full of other stuff like Tridelon and relic squads. Plus the burden of you not having a railjack should not be carried by those of us that put in the time and resources into acquiring one. It makes no sense that trolls that have not put in the time have the same amount of control of the thing you spend days acquiring. 

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Public for railjack is not on option if you want to do a mission in less than an hour, and recruiting chat is full of other stuff like Tridelon and relic squads.

If public isn't an option, then don't run public and problem solved.  That others are also using recruiting chat doesn't mean that you are blocked from using it.

The bottom line is that if you want a squad to perform to a specific standard that you're setting, the answer is and has always been to use Recruiting chat, not to try to enforce your strictures on public matches.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Plus the burden of you not having a railjack should not be carried by those of us that put in the time and resources into acquiring one. It makes no sense that trolls that have not put in the time have the same amount of control of the thing you spend days acquiring.

It also makes no sense that someone could join a public match could be trolled by someone simply because they happened to have started the process sooner.  Let's not forget that not everyone who joins a public match for RJ is without a ship - in fact, I'm an example as I sometimes jump into public to get a quick couple shots at a part I need even though I have a RJ that is fully outfitted to do solo veil runs, which I also do sometimes.

2 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

If public isn't an option, then don't run public and problem solved.  That others are also using recruiting chat doesn't mean that you are blocked from using it.

The bottom line is that if you want a squad to perform to a specific standard that you're setting, the answer is and has always been to use Recruiting chat, not to try to enforce your strictures on public matches.

It also makes no sense that someone could join a public match could be trolled by someone simply because they happened to have started the process sooner.  Let's not forget that not everyone who joins a public match for RJ is without a ship - in fact, I'm an example as I sometimes jump into public to get a quick couple shots at a part I need even though I have a RJ that is fully outfitted to do solo veil runs, which I also do sometimes.

Than go ahead and have your solo run instead of telling me what to do in my RJ, the argument goes both ways. And when we're done with the mission you have no right to drag anyone to your next mission and end my resource farming early, so just leave and join another open squad on the location you wish to go.  Sorry your argument is not a good one because there's two options for you to go to the next mission (bring the RJ there and join another squad), while there's no option for me in public to stay and loot even though most of the burden to make the mission possible by bring my RJ in is on me. And frankly, arguing that people should go solo-play instead of having a civilized public matchmaking makes you sound like one of those trolls I have an issue with. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Than go ahead and have your solo run instead of telling me what to do in my RJ, the argument goes both ways. And when we're done with the mission you have no right to drag anyone to your next mission and end my resource farming early, so just leave and join another open squad on the location you wish to go.  Sorry your argument is not a good one because there's two options for you to go to the next mission (bring the RJ there and join another squad), while there's no option for me in public to stay and loot even though most of the burden to make the mission possible by bring my RJ in is on me. And frankly, arguing that people should go solo-play instead of having a civilized public matchmaking makes you sound like one of those trolls I have an issue with. 

No, the argument doesn't go both ways.  If you want to have a squad with a specific intent, the onus is on you to form a squad in Recruiting.  Supplying the RJ does not make you lord over all.

Secondly, if you read my very first post in this topic, you'd notice that I suggested an alternative that is contrary to the position that you're ascribing to me.

I also never told you to run solo.  In fact, I've been very clear about suggesting that you should use Recruiting chat and forming a squad to your liking.

How you've gotten my position so horribly wrong leads me to believe that you're a bit upset and lashing out instead of discussing.

I partially agree with the statement "the Captain should be the Captain" however here's an alternative take. Instead of flat out locking the nav to the captain of the railjack how about this, when someone other than the captain interacts with the navigation after the mission is finished the game starts looking for an open squad for that person only, if the captain of the railjack opens the nav and selects somewhere to go then the game moves all the players like normal, win-win for everyone, more or less, the captain can stay and farm if they choose to and everyone else can jump ship without losing anything they got during the mission and pick-ups upto the point they start looking for another game. Think of it as a modified leave squad option that the plains and valis has when a squad member is done and wants to leave, or stay whatever the case.

Edited by (XB1)Arkane Wisdom