Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Complexity of the Scarlet Spear, just why?

Sadraven

The way I see this event:

You board Railjack, you do the defense mission, you get rewards. Or you go to Earth, you do the defense mission, you get reward. Pick what you like, play when you want, solo, group, co-op. Easy, understandable, simple.

I will not mention all the bugs here, it will be huge post that way.

The way event is going:

You have to wait for a timer.

You have to join the squad because it efficient. Public squads doesn't work most of the time and there are a lot of problems with host migration .

Squad links. Why it's there I don't know. Maybe test for some future content.

You have to wait for 100 out 100 invaders to be pushed away, And you have to do all the missions from the same Scarlet Spear relay. 

Bonus reward. I don't think that somewhere exit person who knows how bonus points are distributed in reality.

------------

So my problem with this event is why the complexity is not in the event itself, but in joining and receiving the reward for it.

Edited by Sadraven
  • Like 1

We were promised the battle of endor. What we got was a 40 minute long mobile defense mission where no kill codes are being sent because it's buggy and zero meaningful interaction between ground and space team. You could cut off the squad link thing and it would only make the event more reliable and streamlined.

Likewise, you could cut the whole relay / murex counter thing / instance thing and even would be much better. Why isn't it just a clan even where you work with your clanmates to clear X murexes and condroxes , then the counter gets reset and you "rank" up your clan score for the whole event , maybe getting a clan throphy by the end ?

Clans have been dying for years now because there's never any reason to work together as a clan . You finally had an event where we could have worked together in our own clan relays to clear a common goal for potential rewards, but instead of you made this wierd relay frankenstein thing with a two hour countdown that's always full and where people don't get paid half the time because of obscure reason and with always full instances. Just make it a clan event with a couple public instances for people not in clan and that get matchmade with people from existing clans if they don't have full teams. That way even people in inactive clans could get to play this and still contribute to their clan's score.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra
  • Like 1

Ok, let's compare Plague Star and Scarlet Spear.

Plague Star.

Mobile defense and Assassination mission.

Join any time you want.

Do the mission solo or in party, solo it can be a BIT longer and tougher, but you can get the same reward.

You get reward at the end of the mission, and you can spend rewards at vendor.

You can get some bugs with Grineer's Thrax Toxin or Hemocye, but mission is short and you can redo it fast.

Scarlet Spear.

Defense mission.

We have to wait for a timer - bugs. Also, time gating on limited time event with a lot of grind?

We have to play in party and play at least 25 min, because of scaling reward, playing solo is not en option (only if you exploit with RJ) - bugs.

We have new relay to start mission from - bugs.

We have to wait for 100/100 - bugs.

We have squad link - bugs.

Bonus rewards - insane amount of bugs.

Question is why all of the above exists in a simple defense mission.