Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania Rework/Changes Concept

-Blanq-

I love Titania, she has a very fun and interesting thematic that is so tragically underexplored in this game. It’s so #*!%ing frustrating to see the laziest, most uninspired changes come out for this frame every so often; it feels like DE refuses to brainstorm interesting changes to give to this Warframe for more than 5 minutes, it is some of the saddest S#&$ I think I’ve ever seen.

There are so many parts of this frame that could be interesting, like utilizing her Razorflies more outside of her Razorwing, giving her abilities bonuses while she is in Razorwing, giving her abilities actual synergy, giving an additional effect for picking up a Tribute buff seeing as you need to put yourself in danger to do it or wait for your Razorflies to do it, give space for another fun ability because Spellbind and Lantern are redundant; the list feels endless.

I want this frame to be fun AND good, and the changes that DE have given to this frame feel like they don’t care enough to ACTUALLY try, and worse yet, that they have no clue what they want her to be. With a little attention and nuance, frame reworks have been able to turn a frame from trash to treasure, and I don’t understand why Titania hasn’t been given this level of attention. What follows are my ideas for changes to Titania that I PERSONALLY think would be fun and cool.

Let me know what you think! 🙂

FIRST AND FOREMOST

• Titania’s casting times for her abilities need to be quicker at base, the fact that Natural Talent is almost required for them to be bearable is annoying. Natural Talent should be a choice, not a necessity

PASSIVE: DUST BLOOM

General Feedback/Comments:

As it is right now, this passive isn’t bad, it just needs a way to be usable while in Razorwing. Titania is a very mobile frame, that’s one of the things that makes her so enjoyable, so being able to buff her allies’ mobility for free is a nice bonus. 

The recent change that is completely changing her passive from this free team mobility to just a heal every time she casts an ability is like a huge #*!%ing question mark. She gets to keep this mobility, but no longer gives it to her team, and now she gets to heal every time she casts? (and it’s not even good???) I guess it could be thematic but it’s more a lazy and boring change (much like Zephyr and Mirage) in preparation for her Prime than it is anything else in my opinion. Plus, with my rework, Titania will have a way to heal and defend her allies.

Proposed Changes/Rework:

• Passive remains the way it is currently, but also increases the movement speed of allies that travel through the dust for a short duration after exiting it
  • Additionally, while in Razorwing, Titania leaves behind this “pixie dust” as she moves, providing the same buff
    • This dust has the same duration as the normal dust left behind by bullet jumping

There is nothing really wrong with this passive, and Titania is a very fast frame especially in Razorwing, so being able to give her teammates some decent mobility for free is nice, the main problem was that you couldn’t ever use this passive while in Razorwing. This change aims to fix that problem, while maintaining the fun of it, and giving it a little extra by adding the movement speed.

1st ABILITY: SPELLBIND

Spellbind is an odd ability, it’s a decent Crowd Control option, it feels redundant when you have access to Lantern, but it isn’t entirely useless CC (except for when the targets are blasted off into space). The status immunity is nice, but it’s not like that couldn’t be added to another (or newer 😉 ) part of her kit. My rework will roll parts of Spellbind into Lantern, but this ability still needs to remain something spammable for purposes of Razorwing Blitz

Proposed Changes/Rework:

• Spellbind no longer lifts enemies away
  • Now upon cast:
    • Titania still cleanses all status effects from herself and allies within the casting area
    • She also makes enemies completely forget what they were doing, dropping aggro on her and allies for a duration
    • Enemies affected by Spellbind are far more susceptible to a Lantern (see Lantern section for more)
  • Additionally, Titania spawns Razorflies around herself and at the casting location
    • Allies at the casting location also gain Razorflies
    • These Razorflies provide an allied target with bonus health and will heal allied targets they are attached to over time
      • This bonus health lasts until it is expended, and does not disappear if a Razorfly is killed
      • Maximum of 3 Razorflies per ally
      • Bonus health and healing over time is affected by power strength and has no correlation between its effectiveness and the amount of Razorflies
    • Additionally, Razorflies:
      • Will attack and distract enemies nearby
        • The heal over time persists as long as they were attached to a target initially
      • Last until they are killed
      • Can heal defense objectives

My changes look to introduce Titania's Razorflies elsewhere in her kit because they’re a really fun and unique part of her visual and gameplay design. I also wanted to give her some more support options through healing in addition to the status immunity, and to lean into her "distraction" focused crowd control by giving her the ability to control enemy aggro. Plus this gives her some synergy with Lantern by making enemies more susceptible to it's control mechanics.

2nd ABILITY: TRIBUTE

Tribute has always been Titania's most contentious ability. The changes that gave the player more control over how they obtain their buffs is strictly better from a QoL standpoint and I'm glad it's there. Her buffs are a bit off, which makes her unique, but some of them are just needlessly niche, so I think some are worth tweaking much like how Damage Reduction was added to the Thorns buff. In addition to that, this entire ability is almost completely unaffected by modding, which has always felt very lame and limiting.

I would also argue that it would be interesting if Titania got some sort of additional or area effect upon acquiring a buff, considering you typically need to put yourself in danger to get the buff and/or wait for a Razorfly to grab it.

Proposed Changes/Rework:

• ALL Tribute buffs, ranges, and durations are affected by mods
    • Some initial values may need to be tweaked, however I think the duration and effective range of the buffs should remain mid to high at base
    • Enemy damage output reduction percentage is also affected
  • Buff Changes:
    • Dust can remain unchanged as it is an interesting way to prevent damage
    • The fact that Thorns now gives damage reduction is fantastic and acts as a reliable fallback in case you get unlucky with Dust accuracy and Razorwing evasion, so it also remains unchanged
    • Full Moon damage buff now ALSO applies to Titania and squad mates, not just companions
    • Entangle buff now slows ALL enemy action speeds, not just movement speed
  • Upon collecting a Tribute buff, fairy dust is then spread in an area centered on the floating buff, blinding nearby enemies

Titania’s buffs can remain unique, but should also be more useful. The fact that their effects cannot be modded for is an odd and limiting choice, which makes building for her binary and lame, as at that point it’s either mod for CC, or mod for Razorwing.

3rd ABILITY: LANTERN

Lantern is actually a pretty decent crowd control ability when it works correctly. This ability has certainly improved via recent changes, so there isn’t much about it’s base functionality I would change, other than rolling some effects from Spellbind into it and changing some odd range differences in the ability between the CC, explosion, and damage effects (currently these effects are, at max level: 20m, 8m, and 2.5m respectively, which is just unnecessary).

Proposed Changes/Rework:

• The attraction, explosion, and damage over time ranges will all be the same
    • Once an enemy comes within 50% of the maximum range of this ability (after modding), they will drop their weapon and begin floating slowly around the area of the Lantern
  • Enemies affected by Spellbind are far more susceptible to Lanterns, being attracted to/drawn to them from double their current modded range
  • If Tribute is cast on an enemy within the AoE of a Lantern, all other enemies in the area also have their damage output reduced

Not much about Lantern needs to change other than it's weird internal ranges, and the changes that have been made to it over Titania's many periodic updates has made it a great ability overall. My changes bring a little of the fun aspect of Spellbind's current CC to a Lantern, but without the annoying ragdoll, and give it a bit of synergy with Spellbind and Tribute, as currently there are none whatsoever.

4th ABILITY: RAZORWING

Razorwing has always been Titania’s most enjoyable ability, the ability to fly is endlessly fun and the Dex Pixia are pretty up there in terms of damage output. The addition of vacuum while in Razorwing makes loot gathering easier and Razorwing Blitz is a fun and actually pretty useful augment; even the recent addition of Blink while in Razorwing is a fun change, if not entirely necessary. The biggest problem with this ability is that Diwata - the arch-melee - is very underwhelming.

Proposed Changes/Rework:

• Please just buff Diwata
    • If not, just remove it entirely (which I don’t really want as a last resort because it’s a cool looking weapon). Dex Pixia is capable of dealing a lot of damage from range, so why not make Diwata just as powerful? You could even give it a lifesteal mechanic seeing as you are putting yourself in danger by getting close to enemies
  • Additionally, when going into Razorwing, all active Razorflies are healed to full

As mentioned before, there isn't much about Razorwing that needs to change, it is easily her best and most exciting ability. The main problems are that her trampoline passive has literally zero interaction with Razorwing, and Diwata is a very underwhelming exalted weapon.

Titania is a frame whose concept deserves a lot more love than it seems DE is willing to give her for whatever reason. I once heard that DE has said that they regret making Titania, even though fixing her and making her more interesting shouldn't be as complicated as they seem to be making it; there is so much of her that could be leaned into on a thematic and gameplay level that just seems completely ignored and it continues to baffle me. Other frame reworks have been so incredibly successful that it makes their seeming inability to give an ounce of a S#&$ about her all the more frustrating.

Either way, let me know how you feel about Titania, and if you like or dislike any of my ideas! Discussion is important!

Edited by -Blanq-
  • Like 5

Titania, Nyx, Nekros, Trinity, there's a few frames that really feel like DE kinda just threw up their hands and gave up on trying to improve. Anything to move past that feeling would be nice. I can't say I get a lot of use out of Titania beyond trying to keep the Tribute buffs going, so I'm liking these changes, especially the ability to heal allies with her 1.

I checked the change to her passive, she only heals 80 per cast, and it's over 20 seconds. That's... really underwhelming for frames that can health-tank, even if recasting adds to the timer or refreshes it. And for topping off shield-dependent frames who have the odd bit of damage spill over to health, I'd rather just run Rejuvenate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -Blanq- said:

PASSIVE: DUST BLOOM

As it is right now, this passive isn’t bad, it just needs a way to be usable while in Razorwing. Titania is a very mobile frame, that’s one of the things that makes her so enjoyable, so being able to buff her allies’ mobility for free is a nice bonus. 

The recent change that is completely changing her passive from this free team mobility to just a heal every time she casts an ability is like a huge #*!%ing question mark. She gets to keep this mobility, but no longer gives it to her team, and now she gets to heal every time she casts? (and it’s not even good???) I guess it could be thematic but it’s more a lazy and boring change (much like Zephyr and Mirage) in preparation for her Prime than it is anything else in my opinion. Plus, with my rework, Titania will have a way to heal and defend her allies.

The team basically never got the "trampoline" bonus before anyway, they had to jump from the exact point she jumped from to benefit. Rejuvenation is honestly a good aura, and she now has a slightly better version for free as long as she's using skills. It's honestly one of the better passives now.