The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Scarlet Spear - Space Solo - instant failure/halting of mission as if lost OpLink when switching to Operator

TheLexiConArtist

It's not enough that a solo player is arbitrarily punished by giving them a slower OpLink speed (where squads already benefit in terms of versatility and output), is it?

It's not enough that other players' success actively impedes an individual's credit gain by not allowing them to finish scoring (further limited by the above), is it?

We have to suffer this ridiculous score-potential destroying bug as well.

Repro Steps

1) Deploy OpLink in first Murex

2) Leave Murex when OpLink is complete, deliver Satellite to second Murex

3) Enter second Murex

4) Using transference at any point causes the mission to 'fail' as if all OpLinks have been destroyed, triggering Little Duck's transmission to return to the Flotilla.

Occurs even when the solo player's actual OpLink is deployed, and player's OpLink can even be deployed in the relevant area AFTER the mission 'fails' due to lost OpLinks.

I do Recall back to Railjack in advance of the forced recall, while the final killcode transmits in and I know it will complete without OpLink being damaged. Maybe losing state information for the previous Murex environment due to the teleport causes this issue? But I wouldn't be forced to try squeezing these extra seconds of speedrun out if I wasn't forced to race other players for Murex completions, AND at a 75% reduced OpLink speed, in order to attain my time-gated scoring!

Edited by TheLexiConArtist
changed title
  • Like 2

Update: Last wave this happened in a mission immediately when switching to Operator for the first time before even deploying OpLink in the first Murex (causing a full Mission Failed instantly, instead of being directed back to the flotilla, as no Murex completions means no navigation console).

So it's not just squeezing the extra seconds out with an early recall. I can no longer confirm repro steps.

I thought it might be a leaky-state issue alike the now fixed bug of missing enemy space fighters on subsequent Murex raid runs, but I also caused the bug on 4/5 Murex downed in my first run of that same wave (prior to the instant-fail occurrence happening in my third attempted run). It's just doing it whenever it feels like it. I'm afraid to use my Operator ever.

Edited by TheLexiConArtist