Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Difference between graphics presets?

Gigaus

Question

Right, so to be clear, I know the basics of how most games' graphics presets work, and what a custom set would be. 'feel that needs to be said first before I continue.

Now, that said...Why is there unchangeable differences between the presets, and what are they? Before anyone says 'There are none, you can change everything' or 'there's no difference', I just got finished with a stream where, in doing a MR test I realized that my graphic settings are completely broken. 'Been playing for a good two weeks now with the lighting so utterly bright that you can't see objects in it. Except that it has nothing to do with the brightness setting, or any of the binary options in the graphics menu. For some unexplained reason, it has to do with my graphics preset. The reason I know this? I spent a half hour going through each option trying to find the one that made everything bright as a sun, only to figure out that none of them cause it. Instead, it's because the last preset I had it on was High. Medium and Low have no issue with this.

Whyyyyyyyy?....

Putting aside the why...Does anyone know the differences between the presets so I can set it up right without bugs again? 

2 answers to this question

I agree with you, presets are broken. The issue is with light. I never had super bright problem, infact the opposite, whenever I switch from mid to high preset, I get super dark graphics. A good way to test it is the new simulacrom. After switching presets, it feels like someone turned off 80% of the light bulbs to save electricity. 

I fixed it by moving back to the mid preset where light looks normal and all options are available. Then I manually pick the settings I want. I turned off things like Glare, Blur and Bloom, including many other stuff. Now everything looks crystal clear.