Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Buff

-Kraeno-

2 hours ago, RebbEsc said:

Change his Iron Renewal from additional armor to a damage reduction

... but that's what Armor is 😛

What (Iron) Renewal really needs is a better way to re-apply it to allies who lost it (or catch allies that missed the initial cast).

Something like making it an aura that follows Oberon, and (re-)applies on allies who come near enough, might work nicely.

Or at the very least, allow us to recast that invisible sphere thing [BTW, why is it invisible?]
without turning off Renewal first, like, have it only turn off by (running out of Energy or) holding 3.

• Like 1

At the people saying Armor=DR:

well yes but actually no GIF by walter_

Armor and DR scale differently depending on the armor rating the frame has already, and DR affects shields, while Armor does not

High armor frames benefit more from DR for health while low armor frames benefit more from Armor for health:

Oberon already modded for 900 armor is taking 25% damage, add another 300 armor and it's taking 20%. (About 20% DR worth.)

A technically non-existent 0 armor frame, takes full damage, add another 300 armor and they're taking 50%. (about 50% DR worth.) Now that the base armor for all frames is 100-150, this is probably closer to 40% on average for a 300 point armor swing.

So yeah, there is a difference, now which is better is something that could be debated back and forth. I do believe flat DR would be more accessible and more suited for general use, as armor has a niche of mostly being valuable to 'high health, low armor' frames, or frames who have stats that scale off of armor. (Nezha, Frost, in example.)

2 hours ago, Zsword said:

Armor and DR scale differently depending on the armor rating the frame has already, and DR affects shields, while Armor does not

Assuming / implying ignorance of this I find somewhat offensive.

I just saw - and made use of - an opportunity to be a smart***, please treat me accordingly based on that, kthx 😛

Also, I just vastly prefer Oberon being focused on / limited to Health, it fits his "nature healer / defender" theme and all
(while a flat damage reduction is just a bit less interesting in comparison, plus you mentioned synergy with Armor-based abilities).

If his abilities don't do enough, then just buff the amount of Armor / Health regen he gives (plus again, make them easier to apply in the first place).