Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gauss is much better now

JackHargreav

Gauss is one of those frames that I always left there in one of my loadout slots.

Every now and then I used him because he's really fun, but I didn't like how kinetic plating works and shields were garbage. I just found him to be really situational. Mostly good against grineer.

But now. After the shield rework. Oh my god. I mean he was tanky before but he wasn't tanky against everything. And now with shield gating and super fast shield recharge he can easily go toe to toe against Vallis enemies even. I'm talking about the lvl 135 enemies. Originally he was getting oneshoted by snipers but now It's almost impossible to take him down.

Tho I wish his 3rd ability would proc either fire or cold (continuously) whenever the enemy enters the circle. I mean why not? It would make him that overpowered.

Edited by JackHargreav

There are many things people don't really expect from Gauss:

• Mach Rush's impact on walls converts into Slash damage with Kinetic Plating active. It also absorbs Thermal Sunder's damage auras into the collision and explosion of the Rush, which turns Gauss into an actual cannonball.
  • Redlined Thermal Sunder's Blast damage strips all enemy armor before the damage calculation applies. Said armor strip makes Gauss one of the few frames to strip even Sentient armor.
  • Redline can be easily managed above the redline by merely sprinting. Mach Rushing speeds up the meter to 100% faster than sprinting.

Gauss may be simple, but like Garuda, this type of complexity is the type of things Warframes should have to be able to use the entirety of their kit to their fullest potential (not like Wisp honestly).

• Like 2

il y a 33 minutes, Duality52 a dit :

Gauss may be simple, but like Garuda, this type of complexity is the type of things Warframes should have to be able to use the entirety of their kit to their fullest potential (not like Wisp honestly).

It is a different story. The issue is the lack of practicality for Garuda. Her toolkit in itself is flavorfull and unique but the sum of everything is not that appealing in practice. Imho the frame is kind of useless by design. The 4 has no real value currently and the rest of the kit makes no sense(it may happen in the future, we may have use case of metas involving her). Even considering you run around with a quick thinking build. 100% damage on guns and melee is not even worth building for. I'm always considering Garuda because I love the design, haven't played her in more than a year.

OT yes Gauss is fine. There is nothing wrong having fun with him, far from the best scaler however, aka I wouldn't bother with Gauss on a lvl5 lich missions in order to spawn thralls 🙂.

Edited by Galuf
  • Like 1