Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojos got wrecked last update

(PSN)Arrgh2112

what I don't understand is that they're making a pretty big push for Dojo stuff in these last handful of updates, with the new Sentient and Solaris decorations and the new "space" room, so it's not like they're ignoring the Dojo outright.  I would have thought that fixing this pretty major lighting bug would be a high priority...

I filled another ticket after the last major update, I was told to take my post to the forums, as it apparently doesn't warrant an actual ticket to be fixed. Even the new open skybox room has lighting issues we have to build around. While there obviously won't be a fix anytime soon. when they do 'fix' the issues, we expect to have to repolychrome half our dojo or more, we're currently at 120 rooms with 110 decorated, it'll be quite expensive for the clan. Part of the issue in my opinion, is not enough people complained about the issues, way to many just sigh and move on. DE may not ever fix it unless more people speak up.

And it's not even like it's a hard glitch to replicate, the shadows and lighting anyway.  I would understand to some degree if it was something like, "oh, if you stand in this specific spot and place this item etc etc...", something that's hard to replicate and/or miss, but this is literally EVERY TIME I enter my dojo I'm greeted with a room that's color exists only on its upper half and shadows that are just popping in and out of existence all over the place.  And of course people didn't complain, for 99% of people the dojos are just where they go to replicate blueprints other people researched and when you have to LEAVE the dojo to actually build anything, there's no reason to stay in it long enough to noticed the broken bits.

And on top of everything, my little vacuum bot isn't moving in the dojo anymore...

Just because I hate myself, is there any inkling of an update coming for the lighting fix? As Dorian stated, this is at least the second major update since you said that you would address the lights at the "next major update". Are we waiting for the New War update now? 

As I said before, at least tell us that you are going to ignore it so we can get used to seeing half of our builds that are pitch black. I went to look at something last night and actually had to go into build mode to see what pieces we used. 

I'm honestly worried that this is now the new norm.  After looking back and seeing how DE has treated the dojo; removing the ability to build certain rooms altogether, replacing models outright with wildly differing ones (the trees and such) without warning rather than simply adding new options, breaking the custom obstacle courses, and now this.  It's absolutely disheartening to see some of the before and after pictures of the old Dojo contest winners, some of the most unique and well crafted things I've see done in this game, just absolutely destroyed in a single update and their builders ignored.    

It blows my mind that a single person can complain about an addition "invalidating my grind" and having universal medallions completely removed from conclave for everyone, and yet we're getting close to nearly 6 months with the dojos broken with nothing but a stopgap of "here's an open space room so you can stop building out of bounds" and more decorations to cover up the actual problems rather than a fix for what we already have that's broken.

And on top of everything, more stuff just keeps breaking...  

Spoiler

Another 'not a major update' in cert, with no mention of fixes for any of the broken lighting, or other bugs I keep seeing and reading about. I will admit, I may be a little scared at this point if they do 'fix' any of these issues. Remember how bad they broke my dojo the last time they 'fixed' an issue that I didn't even have. I have alot of new members in the last 7 months since they broke it, I wish they could have seen what it is supposed to look like.

The last update also seems to have broken a lot of the transparencies in the game.  From Ivara's skirts and sashes, to emblems being barely visible and and asteroids in the Dojo Skybox going ghost.  

Spoiler

I'd like to think that something is going to be done about all this but being 20 days out from the Heart of Deimos drop, I have a bad feeling that all this has just been pushed to the back burner.

• 3 weeks later...

I just wish they would say SOMETHING.   Yes, I know they have a lot on their plate, with working from home and now the Deimos launch which has its own slew of bugs, but even an acknowledgment that they'll get to it beyond trying to placate everyone with "well here's a new room so you can stop going out of bounds and only use the areas we want you to".

You'd think they'd be trying to hammer these things out what with the new dojo contest going on.

• 2 weeks later...

Giving credit where it's due...the new decorations are nice.

That said...The top half of our inspiration halls are pitch black. At least tell us to go away and not worry about it. I was hoping it would be in the Deimos build. Now I guess we are going to end up waiting for New War to drop, and my money is on getting flipped off again.

Yeah, I've bitten the bullet and am trying to find a decent color for the damned main hall now, but 99% of the colors casts shadows from OUTSIDE the room, so it's not as easy as it sounds.  It's a wonderful thought to think that I can't use the colors I want, I just have to find the least broken ones.  I want to give them the benefit of the doubt and THINK they've been trying to fix this, or at least attempted to when Helen first said they were, but how the hell'd they manage to booger it up this badly is beyond me.  I'm really hoping that this isn't going to just become another thing they push to the back and ignore fixing.

Wow, I've just started trying to use a number of the new decorations and Mother Above, 90% of them seem to be broken in some way, shape, or form.  

A majority of the new Orb Vallis natural decorations have broken resizing issues, making them impossible to use outside of their default size.

The Entrati decorations all use these adaptive textures which change depending on size and placement.  This is nice so not everything looks exactly the same, but depending on how they're resized the textures can straight up just break and all details are lost.  On top of that, the constrained movement options on all these items have some sort of broken parameters meaning half the time you have to just pick up and move an item and hope for the best.  

Yes, these items look nice, but all they're doing is adding a dirty bandage over an already festering cut.

Oh come on...

Spoiler

• 4 weeks later...

Well, they said that the dojo is getting a QoL pass after someone got some views on a video complaining about how long it takes to fund constructions, so who knows, we might actually see the fabled lighting fix in our lifetime.  Or maybe 10 more things will break, who can say?

-----

Just read the post they did about tomorrows update, seems they're going to be compressing the game's size once again.   As a reminder, it was an update with similar intent that originally broke the dojo, so I can only expect more problems to arise once it hits.  So bunker down and get read to once again do walk throughs to make sure everything is where you left it once the update goes live. 

After update, most rooms survived, some of the dojo lighting is quite a bit worse, a couple of rooms are better but still have the buggy shadows. The open space rooms seem most affected. New weird shadows have appeared in many places, Anywhere it is enclosed, has gotten darker. Shadows and lighting in inspiration halls is just plain messed up.Bright white to pitch black walls, less that 3m apart. shadows that 'pop' in for no reason with no sources of shade between them and any light source. I would give plat to go back before the update a year ago, when lights were not great, but at least they weren't broken like this. Not to mention the tenno glass pieces have developed a wicked 'flicker' if viewed from the wrong angle. It was fun building the 'monster' a shame people can't see it as it was intended. 121 rooms, 116.5 decorated.

I've noticed some changes to the lighting in general, specifically on my orbiter, but nothing so drastic with the dojo.  Seems for the most part nothing got broken even worse, but at the same time nothing got fixed.

Spoiler

I'm honestly starting to wonder if the lighting was sort of broken on purpose.  It seems the places that got hit the hardest are the rooms where people tended to build out of bounds.  If say, something were to happen to those rooms specifically to make anything out of bounds look bad while giving people the alternative of using the Brand New Open Space Room, it would lead to people migrating to the new room rather than continuing to build out of bounds.  A completely baseless theory, but at the same time i kinda wouldn't put it past them... 

Surprising you were not affected by update as we were. i have a cherry tree in the open space, about 1\3 of the leaves are near black in shadow with nothing above or near it, it was fully lit before update. 2 other trees, some distance away, are fine. The one tree looks sick or dying now. There are 7 caves underground, all were lit up normal before update, now very much darker, especially the ceilings, red mars rock, was red, now near black.

There are subtle changes all over, but Open Space and glitched observatories seem most changed. Also noticed the 'heat effect' object now can barely be seen. We used a bunch to simulate underwater. Used to could see the effect from halfway across room, now have to stand next to it to see it. I suspect midtone light algorithms have changed again.

There are both good and bad things with this update, I guess just be glad it wasn't broken, just bent, this time.

We went through all of our rooms last night and it looks like the colors all faded. The inspiration hall that was the worst, (half of the room blacked out), is still that way. Our maze is lit again, but there are weird blue interior walls that were never there before.

Obviously it was the last update, but we can't even put down a polychrome to experiment with since everything we put down is autofilling. The one I put down in our Stonehenge room autofilled, and we can't delete it.

• 4 weeks later...

MIght as well tilt at the windmill a little more.

The pieces that we are putting down in the dojo are auto-filling when added. We put things down in yellow and work with them since they are easier to clip and blend together. Needless to say, it's making it almost impossible to collaborate on builds.

We still have the lighting bug in about half of our Inspiration halls, with the top half being pitch black. I can understand if you go out of the skybox in a glitched observatory, but unless there is an internal skybox in some rooms I would think it was impossible to do.

With the last remaster update, it looks like all of the saturations for the paint/lights got cut in half. To completely correct the problems in our dojo (well, to get them closeish to what they were) will take close to 75 polychromes. We have over 110 decorated rooms, and the remaining 35 rooms are passable as they are. In other words, yet again, it's going to cost us a fortune in resources to correct issues from an update.

If we put service tickets in, we are told Support doesn't do bugs and to put the issue on the forums. Then we put them on the forums, and all we've heard is crickets. Sorry, that's not true. In March we were told that the next major update would take care of the top half of the inspiration halls being black. Otherwise, nada.

Archived