Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojos got wrecked last update

(PSN)Arrgh2112

Yeah, this method of forum based bug "reports" seems like a terrible way to go about having your player-base report things.  You have major or detrimental issues being lost in a tide of repeat posts or minor issues, nonissues and new player misunderstandings with little to no feedback if anyone has even given any thought to the issues at hand.  At this point an automated message of "we've seen your post" would be better than just yelling into the wind and hoping for an answer.

I want to keep decorating my dojo but i'm always dreading just what the next update will bring.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Ravenger-MRIB said:

Yeah, this method of forum based bug "reports" seems like a terrible way to go about having your player-base report things.  You have major or detrimental issues being lost in a tide of repeat posts or minor issues, nonissues and new player misunderstandings with little to no feedback if anyone has even given any thought to the issues at hand.  At this point an automated message of "we've seen your post" would be better than just yelling into the wind and hoping for an answer.

I want to keep decorating my dojo but i'm always dreading just what the next update will bring.

It also weeds out a lot of the posts about minor issues, or issues that exist only in the player's opinion.

2 hours ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:
2 hours ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

It also weeds out a lot of the posts about minor issues, or issues that exist only in the player's opinion

In the case of the original post, we are dealing with a problem that has been with us since March. We were told that it would be fixed on the next major update. Obviously none of the updates since then have been major ones. Not a minor issue, or an opinion. 

Every time they remaster the game, something else in the dojos breaks. Again, no opinion. If we post it as a bug, it gets booted to the forums where it gets promptly ignored. I get that a lot of people are only vaguely aware that they even have a dojo, but to some of us, breaking them is a big deal. I'm just surprised that there are only two that seem broken. The rest of the dojos in the game must be fine.

36 minutes ago, (PSN)Arrgh2112 said:

In the case of the original post, we are dealing with a problem that has been with us since March. We were told that it would be fixed on the next major update. Obviously none of the updates since then have been major ones. Not a minor issue, or an opinion. 

And in relation to the post I replied to, it's a valid response. The system of coming to the forums for reporting bugs and complaints, is pretty effective at weeding out nuisance complaints. Especially for us. It's something that we tend to only do if something is pretty major in our eyes, and even then it can be something that we just misinterpreted.

36 minutes ago, (PSN)Arrgh2112 said:

Every time they remaster the game, something else in the dojos breaks. Again, no opinion. If we post it as a bug, it gets booted to the forums where it gets promptly ignored. I get that a lot of people are only vaguely aware that they even have a dojo, but to some of us, breaking them is a big deal. I'm just surprised that there are only two that seem broken. The rest of the dojos in the game must be fine.

Bad news, Tenno. When working with code, and rewriting it, stuff often breaks. That's true no matter what the code is. Sometimes you pick up on it, and sometimes you don't. As to it being a big deal, and only a couple being broken, see what I wrote above about something being major in our eyes. For many people it's probably just not a major issue, or they don't have the particular conditions that trigger the problem in a noticeable way. I mean I don't think too many people ever complained about the navigation holo having a major error (Saturn doesn't have it's rings), but I made a post about it long ago. If they fix it, great, if not... looks like I'm bothered by something that most people don't actually care about, so I gotta deal with it.

Not even sure what the discussion about how serious a problem is, has to do with how DE treats the issue. There is a timeline with documented acknowledgement from DE that there were issues and promises of a fix. They literaly destroyed multiple rooms of our dojo fixing an issue someone else had, but we did not have. We rebuilt many of the broken rooms, then DE 'fixed' the lighting in the dojo, which is still broken near a year later.

Hardly the same comparing this mess to Saturn has no rings on NaV. 

These are proveable, repeatable and thoroughly tested bugs that we have sent pictures and video previously to DE at thier request, My response from DE support was very polite, but says don't bother support, post in the forums, same person that said to contact support if there were further issues. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)Dorian-Hawkmoon said:

Not even sure what the discussion about how serious a problem is, has to do with how DE treats the issue. There is a timeline with documented acknowledgement from DE that there were issues and promises of a fix. They literaly destroyed multiple rooms of our dojo fixing an issue someone else had, but we did not have. We rebuilt many of the broken rooms, then DE 'fixed' the lighting in the dojo, which is still broken near a year later, the last update happens, fixes none of the previous issues, but adds a 'feature' that now keeps me from building at all, and keeps anyone else in my clan from building unless thier access to use clan resources is turned off. I can't even drop a polychrome in to 'look' at whether I want to fix the new lighting issues they forced on us, without being forced to pay for it and no option to delete it if I choose. As the founder of the clan, I can not turn off access to clan resources for myself, therefore I can not build in my own dojo without wasting clan resources and alot of unneeded hassle.

Hardly the same comparing this mess to Saturn has no rings on NaV. 

These are proveable, repeatable and thoroughly tested bugs that we have sent pictures and video previously to DE at thier request, My response from DE support was very polite, but says don't bother support, post in the forums, same person that said to contact support if there were further issues. 

Nobody said it was. Read my responses and the post I responded to. My response was to "it sucks that we gotta come on here and report bugs". Imagine if we didn't have to do that, the complaint about your issue would be washed away by the flood of nuisance complaints about any and every possible thing. "Bug report: I don't like how this looks, can we make it more spiky looking? It should be easy." "Yo! You guys need to fix this thing that I found where my kavat vanishes from the orbiter!! I think he might be under the ramp? Fix it or I will quit the game for the third time this week." "Why don't the colours look right."

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my, "we don't do bugs, go to the cricket farm for those" post. 

I guess the QoL fixes will be awesome, cough, but given the major things that are being ignored, I find it very difficult to get interested in any of them. Please fix the wounds and stop putting shiny bandages on top.

14 hours ago, (PSN)Arrgh2112 said:

Finally got my, "we don't do bugs, go to the cricket farm for those" post. 

I guess the QoL fixes will be awesome, cough, but given the major things that are being ignored, I find it very difficult to get interested in any of them. Please fix the wounds and stop putting shiny bandages on top.

Cricket farm? That's a thing? OMFG!!!! It really is a thing! Thats so cool!!!! ...... I need to find one!!

Ahem... I mean, Yes, Cricket Farm, Indeed. I shall try to visit one of these Cricket Farms in the future, for.... REASONS. 😐

Do you happen to know of any good cricket farming establishments that you would be able to recommend? I'm... uh... asking for.... a friend. Yes, a friend who is not me, but is in fact someone else, who happens to be a friend. 

23 minutes ago, (PSN)THREEKLAW said:

It is an honor to be working on these issues with Helen and the team! Thank you for the opportunity: I look forward to helping in any way we can! Have a great day. Warframe Rocks!

Then maybe you can explain why everything auto fills and we can't delete polychromes. 

21 hours ago, (PSN)Ravenger-MRIB said:

3q0L1N9.png

Hey now! That's more than we've gotten since the ever famous "lighting fixes will be in the next major update". 

Something about needing a month off and being overworked comes to mind, but the wording escapes me. Pretty sure the original thought would get me booted off the forums.

Welp, as to no surprise.

Still broken as of update 29.5.5

The only changes I'm seeing is that the shadows now load in broken, rather than breaking when you enter a new room or place an object.  

I hope your alls' broken autofill and polychrome is fixed at least.

Spoiler

I also really like how they give access to all these new rooms and decorations, but wont give us any viable way of redecorating or deleting rooms.   With their current methodology with how you can delete rooms, the only good setup is to have a bunch of single entrance rooms with no connectivity so if you change your mind on something you don't have to go deleting the entire dojo.  Though I guess the alternative would be to allow us to move rooms around and I can only imagine how hard that would break.  And in line with having to manually fill each and every decoration one at a time, if you want to empty a room you have to go through the same process in reverse and then some as you then have to wait for the polychrome to to complete just to return a room to its BASE STATE.  This all just seems like needless time syncs and asinine methodology that could have been nipped in the bud from the start when things were originally implemented.  And I know I'm overlooking the difficulties of coding and having all this play nice with the rest of the game at large, but they've had nearly zero transparency on these dojo issues in particular, so it just seems like they're ignoring them rather than having problems with fixing them.

On 2020-12-17 at 10:30 AM, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

OMG, are you a time traveller too?.... Crap... I mean, .... uh.... 

With the exception of the last two comments from you, this has been a productive thread.

With Helen's announcement about the upcoming changes, I was hoping that there would be a fix. Now I'm not sure. They reduced the cost and we should be getting a refund...very nice, They added some new decorations...ummm, okay, They are still spray painting a car that's been rear-ended on the interstate and calling it fixed.

Speaking of rear-ended. Is there a place where the new contest winner criteria is written down? We were one of three Moon clans entered in the last contest, and not only us, but the other two got passed over for Shadow and Ghost clans. (?) DO us a favor and please put that criteria in the next contest post. If we are going to participation trophies, then maybe you should just go ahead and put the trophies in the list. Why not make them free, and finish washing the significance down the drain.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Arrgh2112 said:

With the exception of the last two comments from you, this has been a productive thread.

How exactly do you figure that? Have you even read the messages on this page? Heck there's even one guy who is encouraging people to "bump" the thread without contributing to the discussion at all, which in a lot of places is behaviour generally frowned upon. Oh wait.... Was that... You

I mean take a good long look at the very next paragraph you wrote:

With Helen's announcement about the upcoming changes, I was hoping that there would be a fix. Now I'm not sure. They reduced the cost and we should be getting a refund...very nice, They added some new decorations...ummm, okay, They are still spray painting a car that's been rear-ended on the interstate and calling it fixed.

How do you figure that this was productive, as opposed to an attempt to throw shade? 

Speaking of rear-ended... I mean attempting to throw shade, here's the next paragraph:

Speaking of rear-ended. Is there a place where the new contest winner criteria is written down? We were one of three Moon clans entered in the last contest, and not only us, but the other two got passed over for Shadow and Ghost clans. (?) DO us a favor and please put that criteria in the next contest post. If we are going to participation trophies, then maybe you should just go ahead and put the trophies in the list. Why not make them free, and finish washing the significance down the drain.

Seriously, I am sure that your clan's dojo looks really great. But this just reads like you are upset about not "winning" and are trying to belittle the folks who got chosen, which really is just unbecoming. 🤷‍♂️

Have a good one, Tenno. 😉

The question is not about who should or should not have won the contest. 3 moon clans entered the contest, none of them were chosen. The contest states that 3 clans from every tier will be chosen, unless there are no entries in that tier. The question is, have the rules changed? If so, they should be posted somewhere. No one has been 'belittled' no one said they deserved to win. 

3 hours ago, (PSN)Arrgh2112 said:

Wasn't even aware they had made an announcement for more QoL stuff outside of what they touched on in that stream some time back.  More room options and what not are nice, but yeah, it's still just seems like they're ignoring the problem and its really getting tiring.  

And just as a helpful tip...

Spoiler

If you hover over someone's name you can add them to a filter list.

YaWhiSu.png

• 3 months later...

Archived