Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Directx 10 and 11 are greyed out and I don't know what to do!!

G_Noe

Question

alright, so, I've been going left and right scouring for a solution, but every. single. time. Warframe NEVER gives the option for Directx 10 OR 11, EVEN THOUGH MY DXDIAG CLEARLY SAYS IT'S VERSION IS DIRECTX 11!

unknown.png

So i decided to try downloading 10, i tried restarting my laptop, i tried redownloading 11, i tried even deleting Directx9 directly in the files, ONLY FOR IT TO REINSTALL AND GIVE ME THE SAME MESSAGE!

unknown.png

i'm basically stumped at this point and i'm stressed as all hell trying to fix this thing. please help.

14 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, G_Noe said:

unknown.png

not exactly familiar with computers all that much considering i don't look into them often... but believe it or not, i played warframe ON this laptop before. well. until i changed my hard drive, just today.

That looks like you're missing your graphics drivers imo....seems you're just using the built in (hence generic title) ones rather than the intel ones.

Edited by LSG501

unknown.png

not exactly familiar with computers all that much considering i don't look into them often... but believe it or not, i played warframe ON this laptop before. well. until i changed my hard drive, just today.

13 minutes ago, G_Noe said:

may i ask what you recommend though? for warframe, obviously.

Not even sure if your laptop supports a discreet gpu if I'm being honest.  You'd have to check manual etc to see if it can have one added or not, but usually the answer is no.

I'd try to download updated drivers first, it should allow the game to see the dx11 that is installed (you may need to reinstall dx11 after gpu drivers though)

Edited by LSG501

What make & model is your laptop?

An Intel HD 4000 graphics card is probably not going to be robust enough to let you play Warframe all that well. If your laptop has a discrete GPU in it (such as an AMD or Nvidia GPU), you will want to download the associated drivers for it. If not, you may want to look into either getting a desktop PC with a dedicated graphics card, or a new laptop with Nvidia or AMD discrete graphics.

A simple way to check if you have two gpus is by going to device manager.

Here's how:

Step 1: Right-click the small windows icon (start) or type it in the search bar that's located next to the start icon the 

iEhJjSV.png

Step 2: Then select the fifth option called Device manager

JHGHfee.png

Step 3: Once you are inside Click on Display Adapters. Here is where you will find out if you have another gpu.

OBpjnWY.png

4 hours ago, Savire510 said:

are you sure you dont have a second gpu in that laptop? Intel integrated gpu wont take you very far

i mean.. as of now, Warframe's been running fine, smoothly actually.

4 hours ago, Letter13 said:

What make & model is your laptop?

An Intel HD 4000 graphics card is probably not going to be robust enough to let you play Warframe all that well. If your laptop has a discrete GPU in it (such as an AMD or Nvidia GPU), you will want to download the associated drivers for it. If not, you may want to look into either getting a desktop PC with a dedicated graphics card, or a new laptop with Nvidia or AMD discrete graphics.

my laptop's model is a Dell Latitude E6430. not the newest thing, no. but it runs quite well.

it's 60 with the occassional, and fairly rare spike of lag. and when i say rare, it's like... around once after every 5 or more missions really, so not a biggy. have yet to check out how it will perform in an open area. if i do, i'll update ya. and i will say that the quality of the graphics are all at its lowest settings, yeah.