Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Instead of world tiers

Q54896244

I am aware that to implement this feature is hard because it has dependencies with matchmaking, server resources, and others.

Instead of the world tier could you implement a system of malus/bonus to apply to the player?

For example, before start a session i can choose:

1. -20% dmg / +20% resources

2. -100% armor / 1 shot rewards (blueprint?)

3. ...

4. ...

So every tenno will be able to customize his own run.

See ya!

Edited by Q54896244
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Q54896244 said:

I am aware that to implement this feature is hard because it has dependencies with matchmaking, server resources, and others.

Instead of the world tier could you implement a system of malus/bonus to apply to the player?

-snip-

By world tier i assume ya mean at how they chatter bout hard mode instancing might become a thing later on. Honestly, i would like to think this could only really work if not so many nodes exist or they actually balance alot more game modes to have simplified designs when its done solo or in smaller sized groups. ESPECIALLY, interception and similar based missions such as *cough*, Infested salvage, by having 1 or even 2 of the mission objective consoles being disabled, then just having the capture speed part while soloing is greatly increased.

Lets not even get started on how match-making needs to be simplified and improved upon, such as having the ability for people to directly start a party in PUBLIC settings, maybe allow a person to not just instantly be thrown into a match soon as they pair up, so they get maybe a period of a few minutes while in a spectator mode, to change out thar arsenal via a simplified design, that way they can swap over to any necessary frames and then soon as they hit ready or the timer ends, they will be spawned in the game, where they could easily have the ability to go to this arsenal screen while the instance joining loads in the background. Since its not like D.E. has allowed us to be able to be in a instance with arsenal access, via the simulacrum, the dojo(especially while on the railjack) and even in cetus, fortuna, relays and the floatillas. But mostly the simulacrum, since we had little issue swapping between loadouts and immediately using them.

In addition to that, said match-making needs to let us see actual rooms where it could list a simplified quick list of the warframe & weapons they are using, likely having details like what aura they have, what pet they have and thar MR rank(though it could be shown if we hover over thar names i guess amongst a few smidgeons of other details). Since not only would this be necessary for d.e. to shovel in more game mode like content, it would also be necessary for the bull-crap setup we have between invasions, kuva missions, fissures, kuva fissures, kuva lich nodes and so many countless other nodes that are stuck with this rather shoddy match-making system, that barely even informs us if there is any active parties in that mission or not. Which in most cases, especially open world bounties, NO ONE, enjoys doing that kind of content by themselves, especially without knowing if no one else is going to join the mission too despite it being on public setting.

Edited by Avienas

The only time I've seen the term "World Tier" used has been in Division games, where it serves as an additional hidden level modifier on the enemies you face. It SAYS an enemy is level 30, but on World Tier 5 they're closer to 35. What you list as examples, however, is closer to Division Directives - challenge settings which hobble players in some fashion but offer boosted rewards in return. Personally, I've hated that crap since the Underground, but I don't have ideological issues against having it as an option. With that said, I doubt you're going to see this implemented per-player. More than likely, you can expect to see it per-mission, affecting all players.

Alternately, if you're looking for something closer to Dragon Keys, then I doubt you'll see that system make a return. It's hilariously exploitable, especially now that we can carry multiples. Oh, no! My Dragon Key reduces my shields by 75%! Whatever will Inaros do! Oh, no! My dragon key reduces my heath by 75%! Hyldrin will be devastated! Etc., etc., etc. This is why you're more likely to see challenge settings per mission, affecting the entire team and likely doing something more meaningful than percentile stat tweaks. Expect something closer to ESO ability locks, lack of any ammo/health/energy drops, Grendel style no-mod missions, etc.

DE are perpetually stingy. If you expect them to give you substantial reward boosts without paying real money for Boosters, you can expect significant challenge settings that you can't get around by just swapping to a loadout which isn't as affected.