The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Credits? Where Art Thou? Redux

Lilithz

So I made a thread in Gameplay feedback and I got some good responses on the subject outside of trolling. There's also been a reddit thread that got started a day or two ago. The general consensus is that we're going broke from all the new cost and we have no real way of getting credits easily anymore.

I just do not know why we should NEED to farm credits. Now i've seen the opposite side's argument. "Play more" is all it equates to. Now i'm not saying it's not a viable thing, but let's look at it from a new angle. It just doesn't factor in people that have already "Played More" these are the people that have spare resources of well, everything. Why should they have to work so hard to grind credits? Why do new players have to work so hard to grind credits?

Why do people have to work so hard to grind credits when most resources are easily found now? The answer to that is that things need to change in regards to the credit income.

A single level 10 mod cost roughly 1.4 million credits. The last level alone cost 500k. We have had a couple level 10 mod that each of us have wanted to level due to how important they are. But according to post that I've seen and people that i've talked to the biggest hurdle to ranking the mods isn't getting enough fusion cores anymore. Sure it takes a while but mobile defense and survival drop cores quite often and there's always something to level. What's the hurdle now they say? Credits. They just can't get enough credits to level the mod.

Tower 3 used to be 70900. It was definitely too much. The new Tower 3 is just under 30000. (Both amounts assume 4 man squad) The absolute fastest thing to rush is Tower 3 Survival. 5 minutes. 30000 for 5 minutes. Assuming all the other delays, it'll be around 8 minutes a run.

I just don't see myself running T3 survival in 8 minutes constantly for credits everytime I need a massive influx of credits due to mods/weapons/frames/etc.

So in short DE needs to do something about credits as I sure am feeling these credits missing from my wallet right now :/

Hopefully DE see's this and can alleviate the problems that newbies and veterans have with credits now.

(There's some nice suggestions in both links in regards to solutions and I hope this brings awareness to this problem)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1o4l0b/discussion_should_credit_rewards_be_buffed/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/114421-credits-i-miss-you/#entry1328588

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1o88ir/psa_it_takes_14_million_credits_and_around_800/ (0-10 Mod 1.4M 800~ cores)

Edited by Lilithz

i've never had more than 400k back when they still allowed us to get a bunch from the voids, but now i don't ever have enough to upgrade mods/buy bps/make anything in the foundry or dojo (and since i'm one of the 2 main contributors to the dojo, it is now on hold for building anything).

I'm broke too. So now I play survival to farm mods and sell them (around 50.000 credits a day) and use the reward keys to go to the Void and get more credits. Nothing much to do I guess... If only we could sell ressources...

Seriously ? Lack of CREDITS ? Ok.

1.All levels of void give you decent amounts of credits. That's one place you can go and get mad credits. Open up those lockers as well !

2.All alerts give you plenty of credits as well. Focus on alerts and watch your account swell up. Open up the lockers again !

3.Higher level missions give more credits. Focus on that as well when out of alerts and voids. And open all the lockers. Still ;)

I can hardly understand the credit issue. Every starting player has them, just play the game and you'll get those credits. My credits keep on going up despite the fact I'm never refusing myself anything.

Hopefully this helps, coming from a 4000k+ credits owner.

Some how in the span of a week, doing normal things, fusing here and there, I went from having a reserve of $1.5 mil, to about $800k.

Are credits on some magical RARE rng roll now? I mean wtf DE.

Fusing is expensive, has always been. Until you have serration and hornet strike fully levelled up its hard to keep some cores to level up other mods and credits will go low. But once those two are up there, you'll see your credits will only go up.

I went from a little over 1kk to 120k in a week, I built a lot of things in that time span and also bought a couple of bp's plus the usual mod fusing so it's to be expected. I still wish some missions were a little (just a little) more rewarding but I can still work things out by selling mods.

General Tip for everyone "working" too hard in a game:

First off, this is a game, not a job.  You play games.  The second you start saying you have to "work" in a game is the second you need to stop "working" in said game and go do something else.

Tips for getting credits:

1)  Play void/derelict missions.  Even with the credit reduction Void missions are a great source of credits

2)  Play alerts.  The credits you recieve for alerts are a bonus on top of what you normally recieve, even the most basic alets have a fairly high credit reward, and you get even more because of the bonus.

3)  Play higher level missions.  Higher level missions yield higher amounts of credits in rewards.

4)  Sell stuff, some of you have hundreds of pages of mods, and dozens of copies of BPs or weapon parts.  Sell that stuff.

5)  Open them lockers!  The small bits of credits you pick up during a mission add up.

Edited by Mega_Tyrant

4)  Sell stuff, some of you have hundreds of pages of mods, and dozens of copies of BPs or weapon parts.  Sell that stuff.

Yeah, don't forget about all that crap in your inventory. After farming for Miter parts for like two days, and selling each of the blueprint drops off those guys at around 2.5k-3.5k a pop on top of the mission credit reward, I ended up with a hefty sack of change. It definitely adds up.

yeah, im constantly broke, nad ive always wondered how people had a millon creds or more, and i think i figured it out:

they complain about having nothing to buy, yet they are most likely just grinding the same gear over and over, whereas I, NEVER have the same equipment. If i have maxed a weapon, and dont have another to lvl taking its place, theres something wrong

so, lookee here, masterly lvl 9, and only about 1k creds to my name, since all my money goes toward building new weapons every moment that i play

I've personally had no trouble getting credits, and I don't grind. I play in maybe 1 or 2 hour intervals.

Of course you have tons of credits if you run around with starter frame, mk1-braton, lato, and skana the entire game.

Or if you don't fuse anything and don't contribute at all to the clan either.

For me the credit rewards generally cover everything I want to buy and it has been this way more or less since I started playing.  The only thing that seems out of balance is fully upgrading some of the high level mods ( Serration, Hornets Strike, Retrebution, Vitality etc ).  These pretty much broke my bank and with the way things are ( ie mostly balanced ) it's not looking like I'll be able to do any more mods at that level without a serious heart-desiccating grind.

It could be a deliberate choice for 'high value items' but the credit cost to upgrade these mods doesn't seem to fit in with the current economy.

Edited by kadun

Well the combination that came in u10 of credit income nerf as well as quite a bit of credit sinks being introduced really hurt pretty hard in my opinion.

As for the other credit options sans void 3? They simply do not give a good income compared to void running. As Mega mentions though a game shouldn't feel like work. Currently i feel that void running for credits INSTEAD of the parts/mods is work (Well to be honest void running for anything at the moment due to rng being rng is work beyond a couple runs).

I believe that even if credits in void aren't buffed they still need to make the overall credit income bigger. Alerts give 2-10k (No bonus), the locker drops are pretty small (it adds up but takes a bit of time), further planets don't even scale that well (Pluto), and the UI is still being worked on (Mass mod selling is easy as its just hold shift, but try mass selling any ONE object in inventory. It takes forever, you can however sell multiple things at once, but that also risks selling things you didn't want to sell since it only tells you the credit tally instead of all things in the *sell box* and credit total.).

I do also agree that credits should follow a natural progression of acquiring an item, but just how do you balance that out if the person already has all the components of the item he/she wants to build already?

Edited by Lilithz

Well the combination of credit income nerf as well as quite a bit of credit sinks being introduced really hurt pretty hard in my opinion.

As for the other credit options sans void 3? They simply do not give a good income compared to void running. As Mega mentions though a game shouldn't feel like work. Currently i feel that void running for credits INSTEAD of the parts/mods is work (Well to be honest void running for anything at the moment due to rng being rng is work beyond a couple runs).

I believe that even if credits in void aren't buffed they still need to make the credit income overall bigger. Alerts give 2-10k (No bonus), the locker drops are pretty small (it adds up but takes a bit of time), further planets don't even scale that well (Pluto), and the UI is still being worked on (Mass mod selling is easy as its just hold shift, but try mass selling any ONE object in inventory. It takes forever, you can however sell multiple things at once, but that also risks selling things you didn't want to sell since it only tells you the credit tally instead of all things in the *sell box* and credit total.).

I do also agree that credits should follow a natural progression of acquiring an item, but just how do you balance that out if the person already has all the components of the item he/she wants to build already?

If you are going to treat it like going is going to feel like work.

I do all my stuff solo and i am never broke. I built the whole Biolab set of weapons and forma one already so do the math.... how much money is that in forma cost alone.

If you are going to go into a mission with the," ugh... i gotta do this for cash... and i got to do it X amount of times," mentality everything is going to suck.

Think about something else beside the that, make something off to take your mind of it.

This is why i care to know the mat numbers i gained from doing a mission, i only care when i reach the goal, i dont care gains im making every single second of every missions.

My point is that since we already have to grind for resources and blueprints, we should not have to also grind for credits in the same fashion and in some cases grind even harder. Most of the time now you can find the majority of your resources before you can get all your credits unless it's abnormally large (new clan tech salvage cost).

the sell price of everything is poor at best. most have plenty of certain resources yet we cannot sell them. if they continue to make high level mods credits will be the new grind no doubt. imagine someone starting out the amount of credits you need to build things quickly becomes too much, making things a good price to sell would easily fix this or make lockers have a 500 credit drop along with the 100 and 1 drops.

yeah, im constantly broke, nad ive always wondered how people had a millon creds or more, and i think i figured it out:

they complain about having nothing to buy, yet they are most likely just grinding the same gear over and over, whereas I, NEVER have the same equipment. If i have maxed a weapon, and dont have another to lvl taking its place, theres something wrong

so, lookee here, masterly lvl 9, and only about 1k creds to my name, since all my money goes toward building new weapons every moment that i play

Mastery 10 going 11 here. On 1 mil credits and I got a habit of not logging out of the game without building something !

I've steadily declined from my all time high of about 4 million to 1 million credits, with a net 21 mil earned. I did spend about 1 mil on every blueprint in the market, and however much 3k ciphers costs, and 5 of each retired weapon's blueprint, and a TON on transmutation, but yeah, I've spent 20 million credits somehow. Fusion cores are still the limiting factor for me but I can see that changing soon. I don't think credits should be so abundant you never consider spending them, though. If I didn't have so many earned already I might be hurting right now.

Part of the problem is they attacked the credit problem on two fronts simultaneously and, in essence, over-solved the problem. They increased costs AND reduced rewards. One or the other might have been enough, but with both taking place the average player ends up with a shortage of credits for fusion and blueprints and foundry.

There's a few stages of credit-getting in the game.

1. Just started and it takes forever to even afford 15k to build something or buy the very few and pretty cheap credit weapons. 

2. Getting up to 200k and feeling awesome for how rich you are because you could never ever spend so much.

3. Poor again because you start building lots of weapons and frames.

4. Rich again as you start farming the void. 

5. Back to poor because you now need to get those max level mods and build more and more and more stuff to get research weapons and still have things to do. 

6. I guess rich again because there's nothing left to do.

It's weird and uncool to be honest. There's just so much crap to farm. Farm experience, farm for resources, farm for blueprints, farm for credits, farm for cores; and you can't do any of them at the same time.