Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival, mission difficulty, and wanted level

DeeDeetheSpy

Let me start out by saying: While Survival is understandable, it doesn't make sense in lore to me. I get it's something that came out with the game and it is an artifact of that. But I think it's time for something new... Something more... shall I say "Wanted."

Follow me here: A lone Tenno operative is doing a job so you have to distract the enemy. But instead of the life support getting shut off, you have to maintain a "wanted" level. So what I am proposing is taking the Orb Valis wanted system that increases enemy spawn numbers and strength and transpose it on to Survival and get rid of the life support aspect all together. Still following me? I hope so.

Now, here is the kicker: The enemy will get scared if you are too good at killing them and leave an area you're in and lock the doors and shut down the tile you are in and the connecting tiles to it, causing your wanted level to start to drop. So you have to hack your way back into the system to get the doors open (we got plenty of ways of quick hacking now, don't complain), go to a new part of the ship, set off the alarms there. This will keep us from "camping" a single tile, encourage us to stay together instead of causing spawns to thin out and spread all over, and it his the theme of what we are doing. The other thing to keep from spreading from happening is can do the "red ring of threat" showing the tiles where enemies will be coming in from. Just like the lantern event... Still following?

I HOPE SO. Because here is the thing: This wanted level thing can be not only be set for every mission type to make us feel extra ninja like. (keep stealthy and low, low and weak spawns for the tile) but can also cause events to happen (maintain a 5 star wanted level for 60 seconds, Vor Spawns, a Jackal spawns, G3 shows up to clear you out, Assassin elite squads are sent into the mission, an army of hyenas is sent to ruin your day, the sky falls and the world breaks). This way for those of us that want more challenging content, we can intentionally cause it to be more challenging. 

and the last part is... we can do things to cause our wanted to start at particular levels. A reputation if I may. Do too much against a faction (or pay the right bribes at a relay in credits to spread word of your rep) and you start a mission and the second an enemy hits an alarm, your wanted level JUMPS to the point your rep states. Then you can either do faction missions to bring that down if it gets too hard, or again, pay the right bribes at a relay, and bring that rep back down. For those really thirsty for a challenge, you can become a bounty. Then you get G3, Zakura Hunter... or maybe even the Stalker and his minions, showing up to ruin your day. All it takes is an alarm to be set off when someone radios what tile you're on and BAM! Here comes the doom. Make them as hard as Kuva Liches too. A real fight. (yes I know, there are those who meta'd out the Kuva Liches. People always do that). And beating these prolific hunters give us a special Credit that we can turn in for relic packs, cosmetics, and more. I would love to have more ways to get relics especially if I can target the specific relics I am needing. 

So I hope ya'll like this idea. I would hope even at a basic level it would be easy enough to put in. I am not a programer so I don't know. But over all, I think it would really help with that feeling of being a space ninja (the wanted level doesn't kick in until an alarm is set off) and actually give us the ability to control the difficulty of what we do and help scale the rewards to that.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, DeeDeetheSpy said:

A reputation

This reminds me of the Breeding Grounds event.. where the more infested you've killed in that event, the more they can, "smell the blood," on you, and ramp up accordingly.

OP, I love your idea.

Also reminds me of something another user posted recently:

Spoiler

We need missions where doing ALL of the damage and steamrolling through missions is tactically disadvantageous. Spy does this for puzzle solving a room and stealth.. but no mission does this for self restraint and low/mid-tier kits. I would gladly play this. This game desperately needs mechanics that are harder for being overpowered, to give purpose to things that are not.

Edited by kapn655321

I kinda borrowed the concept from the News Paper/Radio Missions from City of Villains/Heroes. But adapted it to WF. after doing a few you get the ability to participate in a "heist" type mission. They were PVE (sadly, would have been amazing for PVP) events that were basically the same but different. If I remember it right, Villains go in a bank and steal the goods. Then fight a random hero on the way out. Then they can cause mayhem around the section of town they are in for bonus time and rewards. If they go in with the host on the hardest difficulty and max team size, it would be crazy. Not only huge number of mobs and elites but then a signature super hero would show up to stop you and it was a serious boss fight and you're under a timer to get it done. Fun part is if you die, you end up in a jail and have to break out of it to rejoin your team unless someone rezes you before you release.

Heroes on the flip side have a timer to stop a random villain escaping with the money. Again, signature villain if they are max difficulty and party size. Then after they stop them, they are able to go about town for extra rewards and stop random villains from causing destruction. The whole thing REALLY was fun and felt solid to the theme. Its been years since I played so I may not have it exactly right, but that is the ball park of it.

• Like 1