The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buffing Base Damage on Weapons and Removing damage mods.

Captain_Poopypants

On 2020-05-10 at 11:35 PM, Eyeless said:

What a lot of users above me aren't considering is the fact that, should DE opt to take this approach, they'd likely be rebalancing enemy health / armor values to compensate.

...rebalancing enemy health / armor values to compensate

...compensate

[irony] your logic is incredible! you want to increase the damage of all weapons and to compensate for this situation increase enemy health [/ irony]

S3pWQ6b.gif

Edited by Famecans
  • Like 1

On 2020-04-27 at 8:40 AM, Captain_Poopypants said:

The other day I was talking with some friends and we all seemed to agree that it would be really cool if, instead of forcing mandatory damage buffing mods into a weapon build, it would be really cool if all weapons in the game had a base damage of the current base damage plus the amount of damage currently added by either Serration, Hornet Strike, Prime Point Blank, and Primed Pressure Point. Then remove those mods. I think they are silly. It's like an obligation to have those mods and those mods are taking up a slot that could be used to further develop build diversity. There is only one build I can think of that doesn't use a damage buffing mod. That is for Chroma and Lanka and is only for Eidolons. Not sure on that builds current viability. TL;DR All weapons should have there base damage plus damage added after the damage buffing mod as a new base and then either remove the damage buffing mods or change them to do something else. I want to use that eighth slot for more interesting things. Also on a side note. Multi shot... I am on the fence about it. multi shot is really cool and also a thing that is pretty much mandatory. But I am not sure that just adding in base multi shot to all weapons makes a lot of sense. So I can't really decide how I feel about multi shot mods.

This is what we call power creep and would make any and all weapons instantly viable for stage 2-3 sortie level missions and basically wipe out any sort of challenge to new players working through the star chart which in turn would effectively kill the new player experience and retention.  

What you are actually looking for is a reason NOT to equip those mods to begin with, a mechanic added to the game where increased weapon damage is a detriment (risk of damage reflect maybe).  They have attempted damage caps on Lephantis and Hemocyte, in which case you mod damage to the cap and then increase RoF and reload since additional damage is wasted capacity, though it's not very well known to people.  I would like to see a series of weapons emerge where the damage is not based on the damage mods but instead based on other factors, like magazine size or something like that.  

But even if you remove damage mods, another one will take it's spot as a "mandatory" slot-in.  

• Like 1

On 2020-04-28 at 7:45 PM, DealerOfAbsolutes said:

The easiest option would just be to introduce alternatives. Stacking base damage is diminishing returns especially when Chroma and arcanes are involved. Melee already got Condition Overload and primaries need more than Amalgam Serration. How about buff the IPS mods so they also give some base damage.

How about new mods.

Loaded Serration

+330% damage

On hit: -165% damage for 2 seconds (stacks twice)

Would be nice for the Opticor and other slow weapons.

I do not really agree with most of this thread, but this Mod idea is so cool. I would be concerned that it will make some single target weapons too strong.

What's that? Potentially more damage rewarded for patience? Never.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-05-13 at 9:37 AM, Famecans said:

[irony] your logic is incredible! you want to increase the damage of all weapons and to compensate for this situation increase enemy health [/ irony]

Late, but - I said nothing about buffing enemy health. Nor do I think I implied that just by saying the word 'compensate.'

To reiterate, I had a simple view and a simple point.

It is my opinion that if DE were to remove those mods which are considered 'base stat mods' and buff the stats of our warframes / weapons to be on par, we'd find ourselves a better variety of mods to choose from, and possibly less tedium with forma.

If making such a change later shows that the mods are lacking in this variety, or for that matter viability, then that might encourage the devs to review our current roster of mods.

I've always thought the mod system needed a revamp similar to what damage, scaling, and weaponry has received over these last several years.

Naturally there would be a need to balance the game around these changes.

Nowhere in this point am I calling for an increase in enemy health. (?) I don't understand your aggressive sarcasm. If we're to interact further on this forum in any future discussions I'd appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth.