Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crossplay!

(XBOX)Noflair

In my opinion, i say now because trying to make pc  not the  test server and actually making a testing server that would not cause bugs on pc gameplay . I would love to see cross play between consoles and pc . Because it would do huge in players game expirience , trade chat would be bigger and stronger so recrutnent chat and so on. I think it could be a big thing to have in warframe and knowing other platforms player base in other platforms and would be more fun and exciting to get the same updstes as everyone alse even more now becayse we can test updates before it pops of in pc so there's shouldnt be delay on platforms and more strong and united fan base to the game

1. DE easily can bring back all relays in all the platforms so that's not an issue 

2. You can play with keyboard and mouse on consoles, and its not really slower than pc playing with a controller

3. I think the ingame market will proper because new sellers and buyers will apper so there's more variety and more opportunities 

Baisically making a new mega server

I would like people to tell me what's wrong with my idea and I'll try to find a solution

p.s when i say crossplay i dont mean cross save i mean the possibility having a one server so people in every console and pc can run missons together and play in the same server. Please read what i say and dont convert my idea to other threads because thats rude

Edited by (XB1)stupidfateat

crossplay will never happen because a lot of reason, consoles are behing with updates wich can't be helped unless DE doubles it's employees. Each console misses differenet relays than PC. The controls could be a big thing too since the game is a bit slower with a controller as well as the ingame market would fall apart

Just now, AltairFerenc said:

crossplay will never happen because a lot of reason, consoles are behing with updates wich can't be helped unless DE doubles it's employees. Each console misses differenet relays than PC. The controls could be a big thing too since the game is a bit slower with a controller as well as the ingame market would fall apart

1. DE easily can bring back all relays in all the platforms so that's not an issue 

2. You can play with keyboard and mouse on consoles, and its not really slower than pc

3. I think the ingame market will proper because new sellers and buyers will apper so there's more variety and more opportunities

There are many threads that detail why this cannot or will not happen. 

• Hurdle #1: You need to get Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo to all play nice with one another and allow cross-save/cross-play... which is very difficult (though it's starting to be less so).
  • Hurdle #2 (The really big one): All versions of the game on every platform need to be the same build. This means delaying PC updates to wait for Console updates to be ready to release, something DE has repeatedly promised they will not do (delaying PC for the sake of consoles). This also means that console builds will be delayed even further than what players currently experience (and PC builds as well) because there needs to be time to take the console-optimized versions of the game and optimize them further for the Nintendo Switch (which gets releases even after XB1/PS4). Synchronized releases also means more gamebreaking bugs.
  • Hurdle #3: PC players have exclusive gear that console players cannot obtain. The console makers have, through contractual agreements, specified that they do not want this gear present on consoles/console players accounts (this is why some gear was not transferred over with account migrations in the past, i.e. founders gear).
  • Like 3