The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Join past minute/wave 5 and more:

Since DE are a bit more open to discussion and feedback recently I'll take my chance here to discuss matchmaking. Here are things I wish I could do or tune in matchmaking and wonder if more people agree with me or not and why:

1. drop in/invite/join any wave or minute in endless missions
2. ability to choose a squad to join (an option which is by default random as it is now)
3. Host only, Client only, Both (as options while random)

• Like 3

I'm for the idea of join any time for people I know, like clan mates or friends I'm in communication with, but joining at any point with random people is like all the capture missions where by the time you get there everyone's waiting at evac. Like hydron, joining at like wave 8.

I think squad joining would again be good for clans or friends, but with random people... There are some players that need to be carried cause their still new or maybe just don't care a lot about team makeup, and being able to choose to not play with the 2 excaliburs and a limbo might be taking away their... Assistance.

Host only and client only would be nice, there's been a lot of times I've wanted one or the other, depending on my location, it kind of limits connections, like say we have 4 people going to the same place but their all in host only, so they don't link up, something like that scenario could make it more difficult to find matches in more remote places of the starchart, but in general I think that would be nice to have the option.

One feature I'd really like is host selection based on connection, I mean Warframe can read our ping, and up and down speeds, stop picking the guy that disconnects 20 seconds in.

I'd also want it to pick host on an endurance or play time statistic, cause I find the host is often the first person to leave most of the time.

39 minutes ago, IzzyTH-I51 said:

say we have 4 people going to the same place but their all in host only, so they don't link up

Well the point is that these 4 chose to be hosts, which means that they DON'T want to join others. In the current state, they are forced to join others, and in some cases they have to leave the mission and try again if they really want to host (for instance if they want a symaris target).

41 minutes ago, IzzyTH-I51 said:

something like that scenario could make it more difficult to find matches

On the contrary, the 4 hosts would find a match quicker since they don't have to search, and a 5th player would have 4 hosts to possibliy join, which gives more chances for a good host.

45 minutes ago, IzzyTH-I51 said:

One feature I'd really like is host selection based on connection, I mean Warframe can read our ping, and up and down speeds, stop picking the guy that disconnects 20 seconds in.

Well there is a ping check already, but obviously it's not very reliable depending on the machine and/or connection.

23 hours ago, IzzyTH-I51 said:

I think squad joining would again be good for clans or friends, but with random people... There are some players that need to be carried cause their still new or maybe just don't care a lot about team makeup, and being able to choose to not play with the 2 excaliburs and a limbo might be taking away their... Assistance.

you can stil have an option Invite/friends only, if you don't want randoms.

On 2020-05-03 at 8:37 AM, Scar.brother.help.me said:

Since DE are a bit more open to discussion and feedback recently I'll take my chance here to discuss matchmaking. Here are things I wish I could do or tune in matchmaking and wonder if more people agree with me or not and why:

1. drop in/invite/join any wave or minute in endless missions
2. ability to choose a squad to join (an option which is by default random as it is now)
3. Host only, Client only, Both (as options while random)

1) drop in wave 85 MR3 with my bratton, i'll show em whos boss (sounds fun).
2) been requested and nothing done about it.
3) same as 2

now the reasons for above
1) the rewards are based on rounds, joining near the end of a round defeats the object. you will have people just jumping through missions getting the rewards and leaving.
2) dont seem to be interested in providing us with that option.
3) same as 2