Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming back to the game?

MKDLMR

Question

I played Warframe back when it first began, but it's been at least a couple years since I've touched it.

The systems on top of systems and extensive grindiness had pushed me away. Is it worth returning to?

I love the four-player co-op and leveling aspects, but again the grinding was a severe turnoff Even after investing real money into the game.

8 answers to this question

The grinding hasn't changed, and depending on who you ask, has gotten worse. Go take a look at Hema or the recently implemented Railjack for an idea.

The only thing that's gotten easier is technically the game. Enemy scaling is now linear and DE has apparently given up on wanting to stop press-4-to-win behaviors, so everyone's running Saryn/Mesa/Ember/Equinox/Volt to bypass the tedium of the grind.

Edited by Pizzarugi

Grind has never changed and it has gotten more grindy (kuva liches, railjack etc).
But the core aspect still has not changed. Which is basically shoot it until it dies 99% of the time.

On the flipside because there is so much power creep, you can just narrow down to a few top tier weapons and work your time and forma on those.
Thus severely cutting grind. Unless you are an MR chaser of course.

I havent played for 5 years, and now im back payed 100 days since long brake and the game have changed a lot.

U can go fishing now, mine gems go underwater , make ir iwn weapons and we got space combat, som are fun and ive enjoyded som of new stuff.

They got prime vaults now, so if u have som prime parts u can sell them and earn platinum and buy most of new stuff u need.

So I say go for it and try  the game for few days.

Edited by Histori

The current areas that have the grind are:

Open world locales of Earth (Plains of Eidolon) and Venus (Orb Vallis) due to local syndicate standings (two syndicate per hub).

Arbitration mode (need to complete all the nodes in the solar system to access it first)

Old blood Kuva liches (murmur grinding, requiem relic hunting and stabbing lich to identify the correct combination weaknesses)

Empyrean (building the ship, repairing wreckages and finding avionic mods)

and of course, Warframes (getting and building Wisp, khora, Gauss & Grendel)

Really up to you to decide on whether it's something you want to do. I would say try each one out or look up videos to see if the mode is interesting since each one has their own system of resources.

Edited by SebastianSommer