Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crafting New Weapons with Old Weapons

Kingseesar

Question

Hi there Tenno!

If I want to craft a new weapon that uses another weapon as a component, and I want to keep the old weapon, can I simply craft an extra of the old weapon and select it to use the extra one for the new weapon?

For example, if I want to craft a pair of Shaku, that requires a pair of Ninkandi, and I have a pair of Ninkandi at rank 30, but I want to keep them, can I just buy a Ninkandi blueprint from the market, make a new set, claim them, then craft the Shaku with the new, unranked Ninkandi? Or will that automatically select the rank 30 Ninkandi? I also assume it will eat up a weapon slot, because I will have to claim the second pair of Ninkandi before I craft the Shaku, but will that just leave that slot open for when I craft the Shaku, right?

Sorry for the slightly complicated question. There's just three or four new weapons I want that require old weapons I want to keep as components, like I just got Broken War and I also got a Broken War blueprint and the parts for it, so I may want to craft an extra one if I want to keep Broken War and craft an unbroken, full sized War. Things like that. I hope this makes sense. Sorry. It's all a bit messy...

Thank you in advance! I appreciate you all answering my questions! I always search for answers first, but I didn't find information specific enough about crafting with old weapons to really tell me what I should do...

7 answers to this question

When you have multiples of the same weapon, the crafting of the upgraded weapon will open a window and asking you to choose which one you want to use.

In your example, you will see a window showing you a lvl 30 and a lvl0 Ninkondi when you try to craft Shaku. Select the lvl0 one and you're done.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MystMan said:

When you have multiples of the same weapon, the crafting of the upgraded weapon will open a window and asking you to choose which one you want to use.

In your example, you will see a window showing you a lvl 30 and a lvl0 Ninkondi when you try to craft Shaku. Select the lvl0 one and you're done.

Excellent! Thank you MystMan! That was the missing information I couldn't find anywhere. Cheers! Now it's off to the foundry! Thank you again!

10 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Yes you don't need to level the built weapon again, you can just pick it like MystMan mentioned, I've had to do it over the years create a new built weapon so the old one is kept to play with. 🙂

edit: I'll add this as well in case your interested.

Weapons Required as Crafting Ingredients

Thank you Slayer! I had looked at this, but for some reason it isn't clear about selecting which duplicate weapon to use for crafting. It is very useful information, however. Thank you for posting it! It opens up a whole new avenue for weapons that I want to explore. Cheers!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kingseesar said:

Thank you Slayer! I had looked at this, but for some reason it isn't clear about selecting which duplicate weapon to use for crafting. It is very useful information, however. Thank you for posting it! It opens up a whole new avenue for weapons that I want to explore. Cheers!

If you have two guns the same because you built a second one to add into a recipe it will show when you hover over it, one will have a Mastery number [30] at the end of it's name the other will show no Mastery with the number [0]

Example:

Max'd to 30 Galatine [30] <------ the weapon you want to keep.
Not ranked  Galatine [0] you would pick this one for adding to the recipe to build the Paracesis

I hope I have understood what you were asking.

Edited by Slayer-.
added: <------ the weapon you want to keep.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

I hope I have understood what you were asking.

Yes! That was the part I didn't understand. Trying it now with the Ninkondi and Shaku. I'll be claiming the Ninkondi in about 3 hours, then I can build the Shaku. If I'm still confused (hopefully, I will not be, but...) I will post again. Or I'll post that I sucessfully crafted what I wanted using the weapon I wanted. Simple stuff, i know, but sometimes WF is confusing like that. I'm also quite dense sometimes, myself. Thanks again for your help! Cheers!

• Like 1

Shaku successfully built using the unranked Ninkondi! :) Not a difficult process, but I'm happy about it none-the-less! Thank you everyone! I think it's time for my unranked Nekros to have a little ranking up session with my new toy... WHOOO!

Edited by Kingseesar