Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorties should always end with a boss fight

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_

I only recently started running sorties.  I like the 3 mission aspect of it.  When you highlight sorties in navigate you always hear a boss character talking smack to you.  But we rarely end sorties with a boss fiight.  

I think it feels awesome when it does.  Its like a cool mini-adventure for the day.  I think sorties should ALWAYS end on a boss fight.  

---------------

Also im wondering if it would be possible to mix in railjack to sortie missions??  

Or do a little bit of what Rebb talked about on hometime?  Have ALL 3 missions be random boss fights.  

--------------

But anyways please consider this.  Ending on other mission types just doesnt feel good or special or anything.  

• Like 3

I agree. Feels a bit underwhelming that after an operation you can't confront the big baddie. Specially because as far as I've noticed in Sortie lore it always features a boss in the descriptions. But we don't always fight one.

Same for the RJ suggestion. And I'd also bring other complex missions back to the sortie rotation. Plus Fortuna sortie mission, like the PoE one.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

I'd agree if it weren't for the fact that some bosses are just plain awful or boring to fight. It takes a few seconds at most even at level 100 to kill sergeant, but it takes what feels like a whole evening twiddling your thumbs to get the ambulas mission done because of all the boring running and waiting, neither of them are particularly challenging no matter what the modifier. Bosses with damage reduction, invulnerability phases or both (looking at you, lephantis) are also a massive pain in the rear. I'd rather go back to the initial 20 wave defense sorties than having to deal with a boring boss at the end again and I'm saying that while defense is my least favorite game mode in the game, because at least that one you can speed up with skill, albeit not enough.

Railjack sorties however, oh yes. That said, probably wouldn't fly over too well with a bigger chunk of the community considering we only just got rid of whatever tankiness RJ enemies previously had.

EDIT: Also, I don't remember ever having an orb vallis sortie. Would like to see that too.

Edited by BlackCat500