Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: Depowered (Medieval Frame) [6/26: Warframe: The Iron Age Sneak Peek! Ember, The Pyromancer]

Calayne

I'm going bagless.

Ah, exquisite, my good sir. As you wish! Fangs, claws, and acidic blood, coming up for your entertainment!

(Sounds almost like a certain feisty feline frame we all know and Snake loves.)

• 1 month later...

So....how's it going? Do you have anything exciting to share with us? :3

Haha, not really, unfortunately. Just working on generic enemies, and trying to colour the Excalibur image. I'm a slow worker, and terrible at colouring ;)

You sketch on paper first, then scan and do the rest on a computer program (like Photoshop), right?

It certainly looks easier that going purely on one format (traditional or digital).

its easier but more time consuming, I do that from time to time.

These are so gorgeous @p@ I love the designs! Though, I half expected Frost to have some kind of winter-esque country... or the three kingdom's-esque armor too :o

Oh, yeah...

He gets a huge fur coat, next time I draw him. Wooo!! 

Haha, thanks for the compliment. Isn't "Three Kingdoms" a bit too Asian for Frost, though? :P   Though, I was thinking more of the European "Frost", as in, "Jack Frost", which, I think, should be German... Or something like that. I considered Russia, since it's really cold there, but they got armour that's far too funky for him. ;)

Oh, yeah...

Haha, thanks for the compliment. Isn't "Three Kingdoms" a bit too Asian for Frost, though? :P   Though, I was thinking more of the European "Frost", as in, "Jack Frost", which, I think, should be German... Or something like that. I considered Russia, since it's really cold there, but they got armour that's far too funky for him. ;)

I considered Frost a bit Nordic maybe a mix of Germanic and Nordic would be perfect for him and Loki give Loki's name

I considered Frost a bit Nordic maybe a mix of Germanic and Nordic would be perfect for him and Loki give Loki's name

LoL, Loki's already the Nordic one, though! I wanted to try to diversify the Ten'ou, to show that before the destruction of the Pre-Orokin civilisation, the Ten'ou were selected from a large amount of warriors from across the world. 

In fact, Ember is going to be Indian/Turkish, Rhino's probably going to be African (No idea how I'm gonna pull that off, now), and Vauban is French, because Vauban. :D  Maybe Mag will be Swiss. They make some really awesome guns, there, I know. *Wink wink*

LoL, Loki's already the Nordic one, though! I wanted to try to diversify the Ten'ou, to show that before the destruction of the Pre-Orokin civilisation, the Ten'ou were selected from a large amount of warriors from across the world. 

In fact, Ember is going to be Indian/Turkish, Rhino's probably going to be African (No idea how I'm gonna pull that off, now), and Vauban is French, because Vauban. :D  Maybe Mag will be Swiss. They make some really awesome guns, there, I know. *Wink wink*

Didn't notice haha, since from what I recalled Nordic tribe didn't use horns it was mostly added by peeps lower down the continent of them haha but I did love Loki's design.  I was wonder how you were gonna make Oberon and Zephyr.  and yeah Rhino would look epic and well Ember already does seem Turkish with a bit of Arabic.

Didn't notice haha, since from what I recalled Nordic tribe didn't use horns it was mostly added by peeps lower down the continent of them haha but I did love Loki's design.  I was wonder how you were gonna make Oberon and Zephyr.  and yeah Rhino would look epic and well Ember already does seem Turkish with a bit of Arabic.

Haha, Oberon, totally lost. Probably English, since Shakespear is English, while Zephyr... Possibly... Amazonian. Birds of paradise. ;)

Oh, yeah...

I thought of the Chinese armor because of how thick it looks :o I'm curious to see Vauban and Banshee

While Oberon is called the "Paladin", he seems more focused on Druidic lore. A good place to look might be tribal outfits from the Gauls, Britons, and the Celts, which followed more druidic religions.

Just my two cents.

Sounds good, actually! He'd probably do well with fur, bones and antlers. And some armour, of course. 

I thought of the Chinese armor because of how thick it looks :o I'm curious to see Vauban and Banshee

Haha, well, I'll see what comes as I play around with their design! It's been a while since I've done any concept art, though. Hmm... Well, when free time permits, I'll doodle and see what comes up ^^

WE NEED SKINS LIKE THESE. TAKE MY PlaTS

Haha, thanks! ;)  

It does kind of make me wish I learnt how to do 3D sculpting, though. 

Haha, Oberon, totally lost. Probably English, since Shakespear is English, while Zephyr... Possibly... Amazonian. Birds of paradise. ;)

Like I said before Zephyr needs to have a mesomaerican theme, it's just so fitting it's ridiculous (in the good sense)! :)

• 1 month later...