Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: Depowered (Medieval Frame) [6/26: Warframe: The Iron Age Sneak Peek! Ember, The Pyromancer]

Calayne

Thanks! Can tell it is. ;)

He's gotten an awesome facelift in terms of power-level in the recent few updates. Just a real joy to play, now, with a badass Shock and Overload. Can't wait to see him in Melee 2.0, he'll just be wreckin' S#&$ up with Speed.

in some ways i agree then in others its hard to tell but thank god they made sure no element has a -% anymore that was a pain to get through. i have a question are you going to be doing all of the warframes or only some here and then add them in slowly or what are you going to be doing for the comic also hope that these get seen by a dev and possibly added. also will there by alt helmets for some or what?

Edited by hellsing320

a few quick questions forthe OP:

for weaponry are we sticking to non-gunpowder weapons or are we also using them? some late medieval gunpower weapons probably qualify, especially if depowering grineer and corpus are concerned.

@ Trinity image issue: Is it wrong that I am reminded of Ragnarok Online's Female Archbishop when seeing that lobster tail?

Totally don't fault you for thinking Trinity is gonna look like an RO-esque priest. That nordic sh-t is too awesome to not remind you of it. I plan to have her more heavily armored, though.

Haha, regarding gun-powder, it's actually supposed to be a surprise. The easy answer is, no, not really, except for a few who have access to gunpowder itself (Not gonna spoil who). The availability and technology to make gunpowder weapons hasn't been mass-produced, and most batches are volatile and hard to control.

TL;DR: gunpowder has been invented, but not even close to perfected.

Also, feel free to come up with whatever story you like. It's interesting to see the new ideas, but I have my own idea for the setting. Honestly, the Corpus equivalent faction has not emerged yet, and is mainly a battle between the Ten'ou and the (Don't mind if I use this creative propety) Grin'ea Empire.

Things get messed up as time goes on, though, but I'm not spoiling anything until I've set the details in stone; The general direction of the story has been conceived.

in some ways i agree then in others its hard to tell but thank god they made sure no element has a -% anymore that was a pain to get through. i have a question are you going to be doing all of the warframes or only some here and then add them in slowly or what are you going to be doing for the comic also hope that these get seen by a dev and possibly added. also will there by alt helmets for some or what?

Definitely a big yes to having no -% for most factions. You could say it was... A real Shocker.

As for the other Warframes, I definitely will be doing all of them, up to 16; The latest ones will include up to Valkyr, Nekros and Oberon, who I have to find some way to squeeze into the story. I'm not sure if I want to include Nova, as she seems kinda space-age stuff. If the numbers permit, maybe the bird Warframe will be included, along with the main characters; but as it is, the amount is already quite staggering (Bloody Leapers).

I've actually considered doing them slowly, and adding them as the comic progresses, but to be honest, I think that may lead to inconsistencies in the story, so I prefer to finish it all up, build the world, then let the story run its course. I just need to make all the pieces. Probably, the art will be simpler when the comic starts, since I have no experience doing any comic of any sort; backgrounds need work, the world needs work, the setting, and so on.

Also... For equipment change, probably not going to be a common occurence. Not during the course of the story, anyways, but perhaps just for fun. Alt helmets may be used in place of the regular ones, if I think they fit better into the Depowered world (Meridian helm, I'm looking at you.)

I want the group to be heavily beat up by the end, and their arms and armour are all taken care of by Vauban, the local Ten'ou tech and blacksmith.

Totally don't fault you for thinking Trinity is gonna look like an RO-esque priest. That nordic sh-t is too awesome to not remind you of it. I plan to have her more heavily armored, though.

Haha, regarding gun-powder, it's actually supposed to be a surprise. The easy answer is, no, not really, except for a few who have access to gunpowder itself (Not gonna spoil who). The availability and technology to make gunpowder weapons hasn't been mass-produced, and most batches are volatile and hard to control.

TL;DR: gunpowder has been invented, but not even close to perfected.

Also, feel free to come up with whatever story you like. It's interesting to see the new ideas, but I have my own idea for the setting. Honestly, the Corpus equivalent faction has not emerged yet, and is mainly a battle between the Ten'ou and the (Don't mind if I use this creative propety) Grin'ea Empire.

Things get messed up as time goes on, though, but I'm not spoiling anything until I've set the details in stone; The general direction of the story has been conceived.

Vauban, the local Ten'ou tech and blacksmith.

- not just the RO-esque Priest, i really mean the archbishop (google it to see the difference between the female priest, high priest and archbishop avatars and art if needed- beware that R34 may and will be in effect in some cases) short front and all. and i'm in for more armor.

- gunpowder is not really the main issue, i'm more concered about any magic and all- but then it's your work, and i'm only waiting for the results.

- Sure, you're free to use it- a simple shoutout to whoever coined/made the idea would work ;)

- Vauban's overall image for mejust invokes a blacksmith wear, heavy leather workshirt and apron, with heavy leather pants and sturdy workboots and gloves. Bonus points if he uses a face mask with rounded slits.

Edited by iamablocker

Haha man, it ain't Vauban if there's no face mask and leather boots.

He's gonna have the most tech-heavy loadout, I think, but still not the goofy mad scientist look. More of a refined steampunk feel I have in mind.

Dude wears a business suit in space, man.

Also, I'll write thr shoutout to the two people who coined the Ten'ou and Grin'ea names! Frostwolf and you respectively :P

As for magic... we'll wait and see ;)

20140127_004858.jpg

20140127_004925.jpg

Volt, the duelist. Clad in light armor, he is an expert in single combat. Wielding Zephyr (inspired by the Warframe fanart!), his trusty rapier, he slices his opponents to bit with lightning fast speed. No one knows where he hails from, and his origin is a mystery even amongst his Ten'ou brethren.

Not much, other than these. Haven't even started on Trinity yet! *Facepalm*

Volt looks like a Pope. He seems to have a wanderer feel to me. With the long covered cloak. He could even be from Rome.

• 2 weeks later...

Volt looks like a Pope. He seems to have a wanderer feel to me. With the long covered cloak. He could even be from Rome.

Lolz to pope Volt. But now that you mention it, yeah, he kinda looks like one! Fortunately, there are no little boys in the team.

As for his origins... He's a little Scottish. ^^

Skirt, dual dirks and basket hilt-style weapon. While I did intend for it to be a rapier, the basket hilt style was inspired by the Scottish Claymore.

Haha, I wish it would happen. I've always been preferential to cloaks and armour. Who knows, though? Maybe one day, when they're making silly reskins, they'll release a pack called Warframe: The Iron Age.

I personally wish some cloaks would come out now. I wouldn't even care about the clipping issues. S#&$ needs to come right out and make a statement! FASHIONISTAS UNITE!

Volt will look totally fab in a scarf.

Haha, hey! Thanks, guys.

And I'll be doing the Rhino after Trinity, I figure! Gonna take some time with that, though, because it's hard to find time for much else!

Also, I think I noted this right at the OP, but I will be doing enemy sketches, for sure! But I may only show the grunts and stuff ;) At the moment, the Corpus isn't a present faction, just the Grineer! But hey, I'll try to sketch something out if I have the time.

I'll be frank: hasn't budged an inch.

Well, actually, it has, but it's hardly any ground breaking update, so it's still under wraps. Tried out some base colours and did more linework, basically.

Maybe I'll post an update on it when the linework is completed!

I will admit, though the initial sketches looked quite interesting, I was a bit skeptical with the wobbly look you had given. I know they were sketches to get an idea of the whole design, but I wasn't too sure haha.

However, seeing this finished piece, all doubts I regretfully had are erased. He looks so cool, fabulous and swift, which is fitting both for his theme and the idea of a duelist. I could almost see him do some moves like Raphael from Soul Calibur just for the fabulousness XDD