Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Make "?" Rewards Random For Everybody.

Renan.Ruivo

I know this suggestion will rattle a lot of people who are curently users of the Alert Notification forum (i'm an user, myself), but before these people chime in, i ask of you to take a minute to hear what i have to say, and to think about the big picture. To think about the future.

Well, as everyone knows, right now the rewards are fixed. Each alert mission offers the same reward for everyone. This creates two problems: First and foremost, it means that there are very high chances of the alert missions offering rewards that people already have in their deck. And second, once someone sees on the Alert forum what the reward is and they know they already have that in their deck, they will simply skip it. This is specially frustrating for alert missions that happen in high level areas such as pluto, that generally require a full squad to pull off.

If it's a reward that a lot of people have AND a lot of other people desire, the pool of available players to make squads will be quite thin, frustrating those people looking for groups.

And this is the current situation. Let's thing now about the future.. say.. 3 years in the future. Hopefully, with Warframe becoming very much successfull, the market is bound to expand with a lot of plat-only cosmetic items such as the helmets that drop BP's as "?" rewards. That, and future artifacts that might be added as well.

So there's actually two purposes for this. First and foremost, the "?" will really mean "?". You'll only know what YOU will get if you do it. And second (and this is a sneak suggestion), players wouldn't have to fear being rewarded something they already have. With rewards being random, you guys could put a code somewhere that would check each player's deck for what they already have, and reward them with something they don't.

And to balance things out, include other plat-only consumables (such as affinity boosters, credit boosters, potatoes, stacks of rare mats) that would skip the deck check and be rewarded even if the player already has some of those.

Because in the future, with the prospect of hundreds and hundreds of possible rewards, much higher will be the chances of constant repetition, something that would be a turn-off for a lot of players. But if something like what i suggested is implemented, players wouldn't become so frustrated because they would always have an use for the "?" reward, and it would be in everyone's interest to do these Alerts, all the time.

Good suggestion.

I think this is one way to deal with the amount of content that Warframe will have in the future. Since no one really knows what the reward might be then they all have to do the alert missions. No more players crying about timezone, work, RL is indeed a good thing.

+1.

Not sure about that.

From what I've seen, I assume DE is working on placing valuable alerts during the main play-hours, while the rest of the day seems to drop artifacts (for those who don't have them).

I really like the cooperative aspect the community pulls to make all of these alerts visible for everyone, inviting players that don't have everything unlocked, keeping their alert mission going so that other players could join!

I love telling my friends "COME ON BUDDY POTATO ALERT GOGO" and have them drop everything they do to run it. :D

Having random alerts would just be pure apathy. High chance to get something you already have, low chance there's something good... I'm not sure I would actually play them so much, knowing I might just get a Ceramic Dagger or Sniper Scavenger.

that's a good suggestion.

Only part i didnt like is the part where u ALWAYS get something you dont have. Losing is part of the process, you know? (by losing, i mean getting the same stuff several times before u get that item you want so bad).

getting always something u dont have, is also not that good, cuz if game "detects" u have orokin stuff, even if u bought it, u wont get it via alert = not good. that not saying it would be a matter of a very very very few days to get ALL artifacts and stuff = not good either.

Besides, you're talking about making "?" alerts really "?".... if u already know u will get something you dont have, it wont be as "?" as you suggest it to be.

:D

I think that would be a fantastic idea as long as it is coupled with an increase in the ? reward variety.

That's basically the main problem with the ? rewards currently, there's just few rewards in it.

It's just artifacts, a few weapons to add to what you already have, and the Orokin stuff. Artifacts are great but when you get the one you really want the others go unused and you would get the rest just to have, the weapons are only useful when you want that weapon so the only thing so far that everyone can get a use out of most of the time are the Orokin stuff.

I would go for this only when there are enough items in the system where at least half of the stuff is useful in some way.

Oh, i forgot the helmets but, much like the weapons, the ones you are interesting in are only the ones that work with your frames.

I think this sudgestion has potential. As stated above, I don't think a '?' should always give you something new.

I don't like the alert system very much to be honest. It really doesnt fit well with my play style since im not always around.

Not sure about that.

From what I've seen, I assume DE is working on placing valuable alerts during the main play-hours, while the rest of the day seems to drop artifacts (for those who don't have them).

Main play hours? Do you mean US Evening? or some other countries prime time?

The thought behind always giving something new is that the reward system has two types of rewards: Unique itens (cards and blueprints) and consumables (reactors and catalysts). Once we get ahead in the future, it is very likely that we will get a few more tons of content that are obtainable mainly via plat, or as a random reward on the alert missions.

Not caring if you have the item at the moment isn't that big of a deal because the reward list is low. But when it gets big enough, it's going to become more and more frustrating when someone keeps getting "Pistol Scavenger" and "Steel Charge" and 4 "Ash Helmets".

So if the reward system detects the player already has an unique item, it will give something he doesn't have. If it detects he has a consumable, it won't care about giving more of the stuff.

In my mind, the reward system could increase tenfold in the consumable category, so once someone does all the alerts to get all the unique itens (Which, y'all have to agree, would take quite some time.. specially if they make it so the best unique itens only drop in higher level areas), they'll keep having reasons to come back to get these consumables.

Examples? We already have the potatoes. We could add to that: Affinity Boosters, bundles of 1 to 3 rare materials (galium, neurodes, etc), bundles of uncommon materials (100 to 300 rubedo and others) and even plat tokens (say, 5, 10 and 15 plat tokens. Or more, only DE would judge what's better).

That'd pretty much be the endgame content for high-ranked players that don't spend money. The eternal "carrot-on-a-stick" for these goodies.

Edited by ruivoml