The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Warframe Should I Go For?

TrueShinobi1335

Question

On 2020-05-28 at 11:17 PM, TrueShinobi1335 said:

Ok so To narrow it down, what I mean by "Powerful Abilities" Is elemental warframes 

Ember is the fire warframe. She's quite tanky and extremely powerful for killing large numbers of enemies with her abilities. You can basically play this frame without using weapons at all!

Frost is the cold warframe. He's more defense oriented and quite slow, but his abilities are very useful for things like mobile defense and interception. 

Saryn is the corrosive / viral warframe. Like ember, she can wipe large numbers of enemies off the face of the map, but doesn't require line-of-sight to do so. A common choice for players who want the highest number of kills in any mission! 

Chroma is very strong and gets elemental buff effects depending on his energy colour (so you can choose heat, cold, electric, or toxin). His abilities are more focused on buffing himself and his weapon damage rather than killing enemies though.

Volt is the electricity warframe. Very strong in the right hands due to his electric shield, but mistakes are costly. Also has a nuke build for his 4 ability.

Mag is the magnetic warframe. She's a lot more technical to play - a single mistake can mean certain death - but extremely powerful in the right hands.

That exhausts the list of warframes who have a clearly defined theme that aligns with one of the elements in the game. There are others like Hydroid who is water themed, but there is not "water damage" in warframe. If we extend the definition of "element" then we also have frames like banshee who is sound themed, and gara who is glass themed. You can go to https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Warframes to see the full list of available warframes, and read a description of each one.

On 2020-05-28 at 6:17 AM, ShichiseitenYasha said:

Shuriken's augment is extremely powerful for armor stripping and against starchart enemies

Generally, I wouldn't use Augments when talking about Frames to newer players, as they are locked behind syndicate progression or trading, the latter of which is difficult for new players to get involved in, due to all of the trading lingo.

Edited by LoneWolf9989
Slight alterations to the formatting

9 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

Ember is the fire warframe. She's quite tanky and extremely powerful for killing large numbers of enemies with her abilities. You can basically play this frame without using weapons at all!

Frost is the cold warframe. He's more defense oriented and quite slow, but his abilities are very useful for things like mobile defense and interception. 

Saryn is the corrosive / viral warframe. Like ember, she can wipe large numbers of enemies off the face of the map, but doesn't require line-of-sight to do so. A common choice for players who want the highest number of kills in any mission! 

Chroma is very strong and gets elemental buff effects depending on his energy colour (so you can choose heat, cold, electric, or toxin). His abilities are more focused on buffing himself and his weapon damage rather than killing enemies though.

Volt is the electricity warframe. Very strong in the right hands due to his electric shield, but mistakes are costly. Also has a nuke build for his 4 ability.

Mag is the magnetic warframe. She's a lot more technical to play - a single mistake can mean certain death - but extremely powerful in the right hands.

That exhausts the list of warframes who have a clearly defined theme that aligns with one of the elements in the game. There are others like Hydroid who is water themed, but there is not "water damage" in warframe. If we extend the definition of "element" then we also have frames like banshee who is sound themed, and gara who is glass themed. You can go to https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Warframes to see the full list of available warframes, and read a description of each one.

Thanks, This Really Clears everything. I saw a Saryn in my squad instantly wipe out like 100 enemies in 1 second So I'll try to get her. How do i get her?

37 minutes ago, TrueShinobi1335 said:

Thanks, This Really Clears everything. I saw a Saryn in my squad instantly wipe out like 100 enemies in 1 second So I'll try to get her. How do i get her?

You can buy the blueprint from the market for 35k credits, to build it in your foundry you'll first need to build the chassis, neuroptics, and systems. The blueprints for those three items drop from Kela De Thaym (boss on planet Sedna). If you've not yet unlocked Sedna, you can ask a friend to "taxi" you there (i.e.: you join a squad together, and then they initiate the mission). Note however that if you're just starting out, the enemies in Sedna might be a bit difficult to face. 

The other option is to buy a pre-built Saryn from the market for platinum. This is not recommended since eventually you will want any platinum you can get for buying prime gear, but it is the absolute fastest method to get a frame and does come with an orokin reactor (doubles mod capacity) installed and also gives you a warframe slot for it.

10 hours ago, LoneWolf9989 said:

Generally, I wouldn't use Augments when talking about Frames to newer players, as they are locked behind syndicate progression or trading, the latter of which is difficult for new players to get involved in, due to all of the trading lingo.

The augment also isn't very much needed until Sortie level but not mentioning the augment at all would've been a disservice if he happens to try out the frame and enjoys it. 

On 2020-05-31 at 6:14 AM, ShichiseitenYasha said:

The augment also isn't very much needed until Sortie level but not mentioning the augment at all would've been a disservice if he happens to try out the frame and enjoys it. 

Yes, but the only other point you had is invis. What about Blade Storm? Is that not worth mentioning? Teleport gives you quick and easy finisher damage finisher damage. Why didn't you mention those?

For new players that dont feel like paying a lot, Rhino ( powerful, tanky and crowd control but needed weaponry to keep yourself interested )
Oberon from daily gameplay ( can mod as you like depending on your playstyle, but better with range and duration, and focus on hallowed ground) 
Chroma, ( tanky, dmg buff and hei he is a dragon, but suffers that same problem with rhino, can loss interest quickly without switch your weaponry regularly) 
Gara ( defensive and more rely on warframe skills, can be tanky with certain mods and build)

For new players that can pay a little, i suggest wisp, wukong prime.  
Wisp is just there for everything, wukong prime is just too beginner friendly. 

If you afford more, these are my suggestions
Ivara prime - for safest spy mission (with augment)
Saryn prime - ESO and Kuva survival long run, room clear
Mesa prime - open world, fast and easy 
Loki prime - easy simaris scan or days when you want to be fast and silent
Harrow - starter for Eidolon hunt and if you enjoy headshots. 

Overall, all warframes can be fast because depends on how you mod, and truly fast, wisp, wukong, volt and gauss.