Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Build Suggestions Without Hammer Shot

-CM-Husky

Question

I've been using the Soma since it came out, and I did look around at some builds but most builds I can find require the Hammer Shot mod. 

I've been doing nightmare missions for that but I have yet to find it, and now that I'm heading into higher level planets, I'm having trouble killing enemies - I can kill them but it takes like twice/three times as much ammo lawl x) and so if I do..say..T3 Defense, I'll run out of ammo and have to resort to Ammo restores and lasers. Starting around level 60ish and up I would say is getting difficult.

Not sure if its cause my mods are wrong or I'm just noob and shooting in the wrong areas causing lower damage.

Currently installed:

Split Chamber 14

Serration 11

Piercing Hit 9

Cry Rounds 8

Point Strike 9

Vital Sense 9

Stormbringer 11

Speed 4

At the moment I'm still trying to rank my Split Chamber but keep running out of credit..so yeah..

Any suggestions appreciated~

12 answers to this question

shred.

yeah one more thing, even light infested will have some armor sooner or later, not to mention ancients or other enemy types.
so armor piercing mod must always be on your gun especially if you are aiming on T3D or ED or whatever.

Edited by Althix

Yeah I've seen it makes a fair amount - Currently I am taking the time..that's pretty much all I do when I get on...then I'll get sick of it and try unlock some planets and go back to nightmare. I've done perhaps 150+ nightmares and kept getting other things which I was glad for at first, but now I'm just getting multiples of >.< I'm gonna keep trying but for the meantime a build that works well without Hammer Shot would be nice :3

+dmg

MS

+AP

+crit

+crit dmg

Hammershot

^ are all required (without HS you just get to pick another from the list below)

Pick 2 (3) of:

Shred

CryoRounds

Bane of ____

Ammo Mutation

Stormbringer (Corpus only, sometimes Void)

Edited by Darzk

I just maxed got my Split Chamber today and I'm certain that even leveling it almost exclusively with cores doesn't cost that much, maybe 40K? Couldn't have been more because I didn't have more credits. It shouldn't take you long to get it maxed.

As for the fit... 

I ran my Soma without hammershot for a while until mine showed up and to be honest if you aren't rolling the optimum set-up then it doesn't matter vastly what you fit on. Stack up whichever combinations of elements equal the biggest added damage. While yes it is best to switch to the appropriate elements for different enemy types I never noticed much of a difference and having a general purpose fit that you don't need to finesse between missions is a boon all of its own. 

Building a lvl 100+ monster from the soma genuinely does take ALL of the mods that people say that it does and until then as long as you aren't trying to run those hyper-high level missions you'll do just fine as you are.

I have too many hammershots to care for, I keep farming for Blaze but it won't show up :P

Try to use Shred though, that thing helps a ton. Shooting through walls and bodies gives you a huge advantage, and that 30% ROF bonus is just right for more DPS without insane ammo dumping. For infested, use fire damage instead of electric.

Currently, this is the best setup I can find - maxed out everything plus hammershot (use cryo rounds if you can't find it, or stormbringer for corpus and fire for infested) and a bane mod. The bane mods don't shine until you hit level +100s; at that point though, arrmor stacks up so much that you have to do everything to boost AP damage, even if it means maxing out crit and applying a bane multiplier. Elementals stop mattering at high levels anyways :P

warframesoma1.png

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13GnTT9sOwG6ne2UPuCGojczwHXsYr1YDtjfNX5qHLcc/edit

Best DPS for single targets.

Work off of my build. Add stuff like Shred and whatnot as well as ammo mods if you really think that's a problem. 

By the way, Hammershot sucks, don't even consider using it.

Actually, new mods came out, didn't they? I never knew Heavy Caliber existed, so I guess my build isn't exactly the best DPS for single targets until I see the other mods.

Edited by Xievie

Hmm..they look pretty good indeed~! Will try those builds while I continue trying to find that Hammer Shot. Did some voids yesterday so :3 Done upgrading the Split Chamber haha ^^ but yeah, I like to contribute to my clan and I didn't need my credits at that time cause my stuff were low rank and couldn't use higher mods.

Thanks again for the recommendations~ =)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13GnTT9sOwG6ne2UPuCGojczwHXsYr1YDtjfNX5qHLcc/edit

Best DPS for single targets.

Work off of my build. Add stuff like Shred and whatnot as well as ammo mods if you really think that's a problem. 

By the way, Hammershot sucks, don't even consider using it.

Actually, new mods came out, didn't they? I never knew Heavy Caliber existed, so I guess my build isn't exactly the best DPS for single targets until I see the other mods.

(1 + 1.2) * 300% = 660% critical damage (Vital Sense only)

(1 + 1.2 + 0.6) * 300% = 840% critical damage (Vital Sense + Hammer Shot)

Sure, Hammer Shot is totally a useless mod.

/sarcasm