Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nintendo performance issues

I’m experiencing massive frame rate drops.

sedna-hydron(and similar types of defense missions) and free roams are fps killers

i am really trying not to talk about this topic because warframe is a huge game and performance isn’t the sweetest spot for switch but it came to the point where aiming became hard af and now i’m just blindly spamming abilities to clear out enemies.I usually play with squads and you prolly guessed what i’m going to say...

so like 80% of the time they always have explosive or high fire rate weapons while maining warframes that literally kill everything in one second for example mirage 4th ability or wukongs 4th ability
and now imagine everything literally merged in one map/mission.

huge amount of enemies 

“shiny” waframes

explosive/high fire rate weapons

map rendering

all I’m trying to say is that de should create a performance mode which deactivates certain parts that take gpu power in order to increase fps or just make it stable

I love this game and i play it everyday

so please make performance mode...

thanks for reading 

• Like 1

The Display section of the Options menu allows you to toggle a lot of graphical features and processes as well as limiting ability effects. I haven't thoroughly tested all of the options in there, but that would be a good place to start. Some of the stuff in there we're not going to notice anyway due to the rapid speed of the game and turning those off should help performance, even if it's only a little.

• Like 1

On 2020-06-05 at 4:42 PM, (NSW)TwilightLotus said:

The Display section of the Options menu allows you to toggle a lot of graphical features and processes as well as limiting ability effects. I haven't thoroughly tested all of the options in there, but that would be a good place to start. Some of the stuff in there we're not going to notice anyway due to the rapid speed of the game and turning those off should help performance, even if it's only a little.

Everything is either off or on low settings.still having fps issues 

On 2020-06-04 at 1:23 AM, bachobeqauri said:

I’m experiencing massive frame rate drops.

sedna-hydron(and similar types of defense missions) and free roams are fps killers

i am really trying not to talk about this topic because warframe is a huge game and performance isn’t the sweetest spot for switch but it came to the point where aiming became hard af and now i’m just blindly spamming abilities to clear out enemies.I usually play with squads and you prolly guessed what i’m going to say...

so like 80% of the time they always have explosive or high fire rate weapons while maining warframes that literally kill everything in one second for example mirage 4th ability or wukongs 4th ability
and now imagine everything literally merged in one map/mission.

huge amount of enemies 

“shiny” waframes

explosive/high fire rate weapons

map rendering

all I’m trying to say is that de should create a performance mode which deactivates certain parts that take gpu power in order to increase fps or just make it stable

I love this game and i play it everyday

so please make performance mode...

thanks for reading 

Can agree to this.. Even when all things are off still there's a massive decrease in fps. Mich worse of there are Kuva Bramma spammers especially on Hydron.. 

The only way to avoid fps issues is to play Solo but nowadays on High level solo mission fps is kinda wonky also even when playing solo..  

• Like 1

On 2020-06-05 at 8:42 AM, (NSW)TwilightLotus said:

I've done a lot of testing with these settings and surprisingly they make almost no difference on or off. Minor improvement maybe with all off, particularily GPU particles, but it's certainly not the main factor. Even with them all off, I've noticed that sometimes I'll be in my orbiter just standing around after some missions and my FPS will be tanked. Nekros Prime's robes seemed to be a factor at least once? It's really hard to tell. 

The inconsistency is also really noticeable in missions. I've mentioned since day 1 of Railjack that the missions can either be smooth or unbearable in terms of performance, and I have no idea what it is that causes the variance. Steve mentioned that the upcoming Switch build was "looking good" so I am hoping we may see a bit of a performance improvement... I miss Old Blood fps lol.

Mkay, thanks bachobeqauri and ohgodzilla for the clarification and the testing. I had assumed that those settings helped alleviate some of the frame drops. I guess I've been lucky so far to not have wonky party setups with loadouts affecting performance. I have noticed that Hydron tends to have more frame issues than most missions. Perhaps it has something to do with how many things are being rendered in such a small space?