Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ok this is silly but: I just realised that the whole wiki spells armour 'wrongly'; then I realised that the WHOLE game spells armour 'wrongly'. ARgH. ;)

TheArcSet

17 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

"Armour" is a relatively recent spelling; "middle English" used "armor"

Remember that Canada is part French, who have "armur" in their etymology, making the entire thing even more confusing

But really, I just tune out self-entitled British people after they got really offended when I pointed out "Soccer" is a British word, not an American word. The one time we actually do exactly as you ask, and you still manage to find a way to whine and moan about it. So screw it, we aren't meeting you halfway anymore

🙂

Yep, it's obvious why in the internet age, the vast majority of English has become American and I'm certainly no historian or linguist; I can only guess things like why american millions replaced imperial ones.

But silly as it is, spell-check has programmed me a certain way and when I seen all those red underlined words, that it would be ludicrously pretentious to edit, I can't help twitching 😉

17 hours ago, kyori said:

There is no right or wrong, just different with the 2 countries which 1 trying hard to be different from the others.

They started this mess last time, and now we shall not be manipulated by such petty differences. 

I was being ironic and laughing at my instinctive reaction to the auto-spell-checker.
Sorry if it came across as dogmatic 😉 .

I've edited it a little to male my intention more obvious.

Edited by TheArcSet

On 2020-06-10 at 4:55 PM, TARINunit9 said:

Pretty sure that a million has always been 10^6. The number that was in disputed was the billion, which was either 10^9 or 10^12

🙂 and you prove my point.

I'll have to leave the actual debates to historians and economists and keep laughing at my uncomfortable spell-checker.