Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cold Kuva Kohm and Desecrate

TisWeakToAught

Question

I've been playing around in Vodyanoi again, and I see that people are still bringing regular Kohm's to it, presumably to maximize the chances of a Slash proc for the local Nekros's desecrate. Recently, I read on the warframe wiki that Cold Damage will also break enemies in half, resulting in two "bodies" for Nekros's Desecrate, just like Slash. I just want to make sure I understand this properly: if I bring a Cold Kuva Kohm to Vodyanoi (or anywhere else) with no additional elemental damage, will it cut bodies with similar effectiveness to a pure IPS Sweeping Serration Kohm? I would rather learn it from fellow Tenno before I do something like commit to farming a Cold Kuva Kohm only for it to not work the way I want it to.

Edited by Good_Sword_Of_Clem

3 answers to this question

Considering IPS doesn't have the higher 'weight' for procs, it really...doesn't matter? But IMO slash is just better as it's more reliable than the cold procs. But that's just my experience in the game, i've also shot half a soma prime mag with 75% crit chance and got 0 crits.

i assume due to Slash weighting being different now that people are trying other methodologies.
Slash can Bifurcate twice though, while Ice would Bifurcate once. 

at this point though, i think i'd pick Exergis over Kohm for Rathuum grinding, tbh.

2 hours ago, Hixlysss said:

Considering IPS doesn't have the higher 'weight' for procs,
But IMO slash is just better as it's more reliable than the cold procs.

aren't these two parts contradictory with each other.

12 hours ago, taiiat said:

i assume due to Slash weighting being different now that people are trying other methodologies.
Slash can Bifurcate twice though, while Ice would Bifurcate once. 

at this point though, i think i'd pick Exergis over Kohm for Rathuum grinding, tbh.

aren't these two parts contradictory with each other.

As I said, it's just been my experience that getting enemies to 'break' from slash procs was easier than cold procs. Sure they proc and do damage, but getting the bodies to rupture apart has been easier with slash, which is a personal experience. OP may have better luck with cold.