Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some new Corpus Ship Spy missions still on easy mode at high/sortie levels

Buff00n

The worst offender is the one with two hallways where you have to jump over lasers and gaps.  In the second hallway, I'm pretty sure this floor section is supposed to be open at high levels, but it is never open at any level:

Spoiler

MlCUkjy.jpg

The two grates in the latter part of the second hallway are also always closed, regardless of the level.  This one:

Spoiler

3WyCs6A.jpg

and this one:

Spoiler

fp4CGka.jpg

The second biggest offender is the one with a big glass cage with lasers in the middle.  First, the "easy" mode grates are always open at high/sortie levels.  These are in the back stairwell, bypassing the laser fields blocking the hackable door into the vault:

Spoiler

rMOvzIQ.jpg

This basically allows you to waltz straight through the vault on a Sortie, only stopping to hack the door.

Next, the grate in the elevator is always closed at high levels:

Spoiler

DhLCZPA.jpg

At high levels the only way into the vault is the bottom floor past the cameras. 

I should also add that you can't wall-climb the elevator wall like you can in the old version.  It's very hard to get to this grate unless your timing is perfect on the elevator.

Finally, the two grates at the top of the vault that lead to the "secret" button are open only at low levels.  They are always closed at high levels:

Spoiler

gGDz0yh.jpg

eGlWViH.jpg

I actually enjoy spy and the Corpus Ship remaster is great overall, but these two vaults have gone from the two most challenging to two of the easiest.

I took the screenshots with the in-game screenshot function, but Imgur likes to remove the metadata from the JPGs.  I have also put the raw files in dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m9h6y4dwifu4bt0/corpus-ship-spy-screenshots-with-metadata.zip?dl=0

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Yup pretty much what you said, too easy. I'm a bit dissapointed on one hand, on the oher I can finish them now even faster and it helps my speedrun-way of playing the game. I'm conflicted honestly.

Edited by Adeptguy

The Glass Cage vault appears to be at least partially fixed in 28.0.6; I don't see the easy mode path open in high levels but I haven't seen the secret button path open yet.

The Pitfall vault is still in easy mode at high levels.