The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boolean Syndana/Sugatra pink???

Vimkhor

Why does the Boolean Syndana, sugatra turn pink/purple whenever you use a darker colour? and by Darker i mean anything south of NEON!!!

Is this intentional? So if I wish to wear a Mass Effect Travel Gate on my back i have to look like I just got back from a rave party dancing with Commander Shepard?

• Like 2

well that sucks, So the new orbital lander will be the same then, just great. That's a massive downer.

I don't see why they couldn't just let us decide what the sheen colour is with 2 colours like we have for the lights and it would still have the same feel and effect they want.

disappointing after all the NW gathering.

1 hour ago, Aeon94 said:

It's intentional. All Cephalon related weapons / items have blue and purple / pink hue.

Saying that it is intentional is a bit of a stretch, more probably it is an unintended issue related to the materials used for that section of the model. Having unmodifiable colors is something DE should avoid and tends to avoid, the more people will speak about it, the faster DE will fix it. Especially considering that cosmetics are the biggest selling point of nightwave, and a good portion of the current selection of cosmetics has this problem.

1 hour ago, Vimkhor said:

well that sucks, So the new orbital lander will be the same then, just great. That's a massive downer.

I don't see why they couldn't just let us decide what the sheen colour is with 2 colours like we have for the lights and it would still have the same feel and effect they want.

disappointing after all the NW gathering.

New Landing Craft is Nora's ship and has nothing to do with Cephalon stuff. It shouldn't have a non-tintable sheen colour on it.

39 minutes ago, (XB1)ShonFr0st said:

Saying that it is intentional is a bit of a stretch, more probably it is an unintended issue related to the materials used for that section of the model. Having unmodifiable colors is something DE should avoid and tends to avoid, the more people will speak about it, the faster DE will fix it. Especially considering that cosmetics are the biggest selling point of nightwave, and a good portion of the current selection of cosmetics has this problem.

It's not really a stretch, literally all of Cephalon weapons ( syndicate and regular ), syandanas and Simaris's trap have non-tintable blue ( Suda stuff ) and purple ( regular , NW and Simaris stuff ) sheen. So it's intended for Cephalon stuff to have sheen unless admitted by DE that is an issue related to materials.

Also people have brought it up many times for years but they stayed that way. Not sure if it will ever change.

Edited by Aeon94

1 minute ago, Aeon94 said:

literally all of Cephalon weapons ( syndicate and regular ), syandanas and Simaris's trap have non-tintable blue and purple sheen.

And that's exactly because they all use the same material to fit the art style. Whether it's intended or not (and I'm still leaning towards the latter), it would be great if they fixed it, it's unnoticeable on the base color scheme and it mostly ruins other tints.

6 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

New Landing Craft is Nora's ship and has nothing to do with Cephalon stuff. It shouldn't have a non-tintable sheen colour on it.

if you go on the NW menu and right click you can preview the ship, it has sections, on the outer wings which are exactly like the materials used on the syandana and sugatra.

can't be 100% until its unlocked, it may just be metallic, but going by the previews i think its the same.

Styling is fine, its lore based and perfectly acceptable, having a coloured sheen over a solid is very cool idea to set cephalon stuff apart, but forcing the actual colours themselves and removing player freedom to make it their own should not be part of it. Just my opinion.

It's been on every cephalon themed weapon as long as I can remember. I like how they look with white which almost completely hides the sheen, and I dont try to color match my warframes to my weapons so it didn't bother me too much, but as soon as I saw the syandna I knew this was going to be a problem. It is impossible to make look good with any color other than white. it kinda looks good with black if you like a purple metallic look but there's no purple in the game that matches it like this, and coloring your warframe around this stupid gloss is incredibly restrictive.